Keystone super class January 01, 2014 11:24AM
These guy had a great show. What happened. Love to hear why they are rewarding a guy that has not updated his tractor. Did I read the rules right. Non component tractors get an extra 500 lbs. why not just let those tractors run in the classic super stock class. Just very confused on that one. If anyone can clear that one up it would be appreciated. Did corey buy an old super??? Thanks can't wait to hear

Re: Keystone super class January 01, 2014 12:11PM
I drove out to the Keystone Nationals from Wisconsin this last spring to look at the superstock class and to see what the east coast had for competition. I looked at 5 tractors that looked like true diesel supers, and went home 2 1/2 hours later...... Did I miss something? Looked like a great crop of alcohol tractors and a lot of light supers.

Re: Keystone super class January 01, 2014 01:54PM
Yeah you missed something. Look at this years rules. I would tell you don't waste the trip this year.

Re: Keystone super class January 01, 2014 02:11PM
8,000/8,500/9,000 SUPER STOCK WILL FOLLOW PPL SAFETY RULES AND THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA BY WEIGHT:

1 - 8,000LBS: 504 CU IN 3 CHARGER ALCOHOL FUELED TRACTORS, NO OVERHEAD CAM
DIESEL FUELED TRACTORS OVER 540 CU IN, 2 PRESSURE STAGES
DIESEL FUELED TRACTORS WITH OVERHEAD CAM
2 - 8,500LBS: COMPONENT OR AG CHASSIS: 2 CHARGER ALCOHOL FUELED TRACTORS, NO OVERHEAD CAM
DIESEL FUELED TRACTORS MAX 540 CU IN, NO OVERHEAD CAM

3 - 9,000LBS: NON COMPONENT CHASSIS, 466 CU IN AND UNDER, NO OVERHEAD CAM

Re: Keystone super class January 02, 2014 09:53AM
Since the outdated supers are getting some free weight, I was thinking my charger is old and outdated on my superfarm so maybe I could start at the ten foot mark to make it more fair against the more modern set ups? Btw confused seems to be the least confused and I'd bet his super in a diesel class would be tough to beat.

Re: Keystone super class January 01, 2014 02:17PM
Classic super's are 18.4 rubber 531 cubes and a single 3lm charger, so it won't fit in there. As you may or may not be aware of the east coast class is still 9500lb super and some of these east coast tractors can only get to 9000lb and have a safe amount of front end weight. In a perfect world everyone could pull in the same weight class and everyone would have their own class with a huge purse. but unfortunately that's not the world we live in so the best we can do is try to be as fair and inclusive as possible.

Re: Keystone super class January 01, 2014 11:29PM
Confused. If ur so great do like the man said build your self a state of the art tractor. Then u might understand alittle . Most of us just enjoy metting new people and want to get away a little and not lose the family business.

Re: Keystone super class January 02, 2014 03:24AM
I agree. lets go meet some great people but why do you or anyone else get rewarded for not updating. that my friend is a slap in the face to the guys that have updated

Re: Keystone super class January 01, 2014 02:48PM
Like I said before reward the guy that didn't spend any money to lighten his tractor. These people need to step out of the 80's and the board needs to look at the show. I agree you can't have a class for everyone. But if you are running a current class don't reward they guy stuck in the 80's & 90's

Re: Keystone super class January 01, 2014 02:54PM
Most of us would love to have the most modern stuff but can't afford it. This class is a state level class. Would love to know if you even pull. If you don't then get your wallet out and build one.

Re: Keystone super class January 01, 2014 11:21PM
Yes I do pull. Have for many years. Pulled at several winter pulls over the years and I have grown up around the sport. I have promoted a couple of different types of events too. I understand the post that you can't have a class for everyone but too reward the people that haven't spent their money they don't have isn't right. I also have a limited budget and I know the tractors I can run with and the ones I can't. I don't get upset when the big dollars drive by me because I'm not in their league but I'm glad I'm doing what I can.

Re: Keystone super class January 02, 2014 12:45AM
Then what's the issue Mr, or should I say miss confused, if you are just Pulling for the fun and know your tractor can't run with the big boys then just pull and have fun and shut your hole because you just told everyone that you can't afford to go out and win. I think keystrone does a great job and can't wait to be there pulling and watching.

Re: Keystone super class January 02, 2014 02:54AM
to sorry:

well I am going to start of by saying names aren't important here the issues at hand is if I were to put my name on here it would be labeled and that's not what my point is or what I am trying to accomplish. second I have won this year a couple of seconds and multiple top 5 ( mostly ) so yes I do pull for fun and have for many years. it still remains fun for me and it burns me a little when someone gets the free hand out for crying. I have no problems with a person who has spent their money to drive by. because I know that someday its my turn. that's how pulling goes around.

La-La Land. January 02, 2014 05:01AM
I don't really understand why you're making a big deal out of these rules, the guys that spend the big dollars on the iron vote for these changes because they want more out of the class, this happens in many clubs, there's always gonna be the guys in the class that have the disposable income to be competitive and the guys that vote to keep the rules the same just so they can keep pulling in the class, if you can't afford to come to come out then stay home, save up your dimes and quarters confused.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2014 05:21AM by Controlled Insanity.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009