engine breakin January 04, 2014 08:01AM
hopefully i will have my oliver g1355 put together soon. its for a Non turbo puller just 17 to one compression and a cam and the stock pump turned up. normaly i would have some feild work to do like disking but we have snow and cold and want to have it running to move for painting but hate to leave it idle around to much on a fresh motor and cam, would a old pto dyno and let it run for a hour or two be good? any other ideas

Re: engine breakin January 04, 2014 10:25AM
many service manuals advise breakin at 1/4 to 1/3 then 1/2 then 3/4 throttle for 30 or 40 min each if i recall...someone may correct me

Re: engine breakin January 05, 2014 09:48AM
I break my engines in by running them on the dyno,let engine get to operating temp-run at 1800 rpm with about 1/4 load for 1/2hr.then go to full rated rpm with 1/2 load for another half hr.Then full load for 1hr.
As cold as it is the engine may do some wetstacking while you are letting it warm up, don't worry about this.Turn your pump down to stock while doing break in. Good luck

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,735, Posts: 229,869, Members: 3,333.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,985.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM