Massey Pro-Farm with Sisu January 05, 2014 10:23AM
Okay, so here is the deal: This was not my original plan, but I have fallen into some pretty cheap parts and was looking for other people's thoughts.

Basic rules:
3x3 with 0.250 MAP groove
466 cubic inch
Stock intake/exhaust
3000 RPM

I have found a 513 ci Sisu 12 valve that I was thinking of de-boring from 4.37" to 4.16" with a stock stroke of 5.709" for 466 cubic inch. Plausible? Thoughts?
I know the valves are close to the outside of the bore, but how close and how much of a problem?
What about plans for the pump/injectors? Turbo?

Also, what about dry-blocking the head and/or block? What kind of clearances are we talking about for the pistons?

I have also found a 1100 needled rear and a 8-speed transminssion. What would we have to be looking at to get this to stand up to what the motor will put out?

Thanks!

Re: Massey Pro-Farm with Sisu January 05, 2014 10:47AM
have you considered the 452 sisu my friend has one on a 399. either way you will have to build an adapter plate to bolt to the bell housing.

Re: Massey Pro-Farm with Sisu January 05, 2014 10:50AM
Yep! I thought about it, but as I said I found a 513 for a good price... Thats kind of what I'm asking, if it would be okay. I'm just trying to convince myself! hahah

I figured stock components of the 451 wouldn't withstand 900 horse, would they?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2014 10:51AM by CavalierPulling55.

Re: Massey Pro-Farm with Sisu January 05, 2014 11:10AM
yeah the 513 should work fine at 900 horse his 451 is about 800 with no problems with stock pistons, rods, and sleeves ... if you go with a P-pump you will have to machine the timing case for the bigger P-pump hub.. also you might need to have dual valve springs installed in the head .. but the biggest challenge would be making the plate for the bell housing to bolt to the 1100 transmission

Re: Massey Pro-Farm with Sisu January 05, 2014 11:15AM
So he does have stock internals with his 451 at that HP? That sure would be nice! hahah

Re: Massey Pro-Farm with Sisu January 05, 2014 11:19AM
yup the pistons have been decompressed other than that. all stock components

Re: Massey Pro-Farm with Sisu January 07, 2014 02:34AM
We are currently building a 3000 Rpm tractor with the A pump and have bolted the 1150 bell housing to the 7.4 sisu block with no adapter. the 1100 housing would of worked but the starter was right by our oil filter on the 7.4 so we went with the 1150 housing, but the 8.4 the oil filter is way different.

Re: Massey Pro-Farm with Sisu January 07, 2014 04:30AM
dosent that move the motor ahead aways?

Re: Massey Pro-Farm with Sisu January 07, 2014 04:50AM
massey man how are you doing the power steering setup?? we had to make the hydraulic pump belt driven off the front of the engine because the perkins had a gear driven pump just curious?

Re: Massey Pro-Farm with Sisu January 07, 2014 07:53AM
The bell housing is plenty deep for us were only running a double disc clutch. but we had to bolt right up with no adapter for rules. so we have no choice, but we also have a 12 foot length rule but we should be under 12 feet long yet. We haven't totally figure the steering out yet but I think we are putting a hub on our flywheel to run the factory shaft.

Re: Massey Pro-Farm with Sisu January 13, 2014 08:55AM
The best advice I can give you find a head guy that you want to do your head work and find out if he can get the flow he wants with the valve size of the sisu head. That will tell you if you can do smaller pistons to get down to your cubic inch, or if you need to destroke the crank which ever works the best. I would hate to do smaller pistons and find out my valves are to small for the flow you need out of the head. I know a guy that ran the 8 speed in super farm a few years back and had no problem with the rear end other than the he needed to make a solid input shaft to hold the hp. Now with that said he was not running as hard as he is today with the tractor. Now he has since gone with a built transmission to hold the hp today of the super farm class.

Re: Massey Pro-Farm with Sisu January 13, 2014 01:28PM
I am gonna make this simple get in touch with the valtra team over the pond, next try the superhick fellas out of Indiana and lastly maybe George Bright in Mo I think it is, the valtra in pro stock has been one of the stronger tractors over the years, since the superhick went to the sisu they have been running real strong and I haven't heard anything on the limited pro that Mr. Bright built but I know he had it in L'ville a few years ago.

Re: Massey Pro-Farm with Sisu January 14, 2014 05:24AM
I'll second that idea ol George. Talk to the people that are doing it now.

Re: Massey Pro-Farm with Sisu January 14, 2014 10:39AM
Just find a 7.4 engine. The long block will be fine for a pro farm to start with. The very first place to spend $ on a sisu is injectors, pull the stock ones out and throw them as far as you can. Go to your pump shop and get some IH injectors and custom tips built along with a p pump,both are a easy swap into a sisu. Second work with a good head and cam guy to get air flowing and figure out your C/R. Ross has specs on sisu pistons get them hard anodized while you are at it.

Re: Massey Pro-Farm with Sisu January 09, 2014 02:40AM
Simply use your 1100 series charging pump in stock location for the steering.

Re: Massey Pro-Farm with Sisu January 09, 2014 03:31PM
Thats what I have heard.

I've been looking and I can buy Powerstroke 7.3 pistons (4.11" std bore) from Hypermax and was thinking about using those and some rod configuration to get to the 466 cubic inch...?

Re: Massey Pro-Farm with Sisu January 12, 2014 06:43AM
I think it would be nice

Re: Massey Pro-Farm with Sisu January 12, 2014 11:49AM
That sounds like a lot of work abd extra money spent. A 7.4 would be a lot easier and is almost at your limit for the class. Talking to someone that has put a running Sisu motor into a Massey rear would be best. There have been a lot of theories given. Not many pictures or actual facts. Just my suggestions.

Re: Massey Pro-Farm with Sisu January 15, 2014 10:31AM
Okay, so anybody have any idea where to get a 7.4? Any for sale?

Re: Massey Pro-Farm with Sisu January 15, 2014 11:34AM
call slade at Mid Tn equipment and pick it up while at M'boro pull. 615 542 6999

Re: Massey Pro-Farm with Sisu January 15, 2014 11:45AM
I'll call! (does he have one, or just a good place to check? haha)

Second question... Stay at 452 or go to 466?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2014 11:50AM by CavalierPulling55.

Re: Massey Pro-Farm with Sisu January 16, 2014 02:49AM
He did have one unless he sold it recently!

Re: Massey Pro-Farm with Sisu January 16, 2014 03:25AM
I was at Rudolph bothers in Boonville, IN last year. he had a burnt 8160... engine didn't look hurt too bad either.. might give them a call

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009