Gordyville-2014, Anything worth seeing in the area??? January 08, 2014 04:03AM
Anyone in the Gordyville (Gifford, IL) area or people familiar with the area have any suggestions of places to go, things to do?

Even if its an hour or so drive is fine.

Thank You,
Justin Bennett

Re: Gordyville-2014, Anything worth seeing in the area??? January 08, 2014 05:27AM
Morton Il has one of the largest Cat warehouses which is about an hour drive or so. Peoria houses a lot of Cat factories that gives tours sometimes and there is also the Cat museum in downtown Peoria.

Re: Gordyville-2014, Anything worth seeing in the area??? January 08, 2014 05:32AM
Isn't their an air museum close ?

Re: Gordyville-2014, Anything worth seeing in the area??? January 08, 2014 06:48AM
The Air Museum is in Rantoul about 15 minutes away.

It all depends how long you are staying and how much tractor pulling you are planning on watching. If you don't get in until Thursday late and plan on seeing every session, you weekend is booked.

Re: Gordyville-2014, Anything worth seeing in the area??? January 08, 2014 11:37AM
He ain't going anywhere! He will be crawling around on the gravel parking lot all day! LOL

Signed,
Justin's Hero!

Re: Gordyville-2014, Anything worth seeing in the area??? January 10, 2014 12:44AM
mowry's auction yard in milford is close by for all those farm equipment buyers but having been in the past the only thing I saw was the Harley Davidson dealer across from the hotel on Saturday morning and the napa store and the harvest king for some stuff but tractor pulling takes a lot of time if u watch most of it, if you watch it all there ain't much time for exploring.

Re: Gordyville-2014, Anything worth seeing in the area??? January 12, 2014 04:54PM
Thanks for comments.

ZachP, The Caterpillar Visitors Center in Downtown Peoria, IL sounds like the most interesting. If I get a chance i'm going to check it out.

Jr, I'm all grown up now.....lol.......No gravel parking lots this year, specially at those temps..........I hope.....

Maybe I'll stick to water with Dick Morgan--My Hero!!!!!

Good Luck, and safe trip for everyone.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Gordyville-2014, Anything worth seeing in the area??? January 13, 2014 12:07AM
WHO IS THIS

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009