Historical Louisville question January 09, 2014 04:21PM
If anyone has an old program that they kept track of distances and a little time, would you be willing to post the results of the 12 or 15 SS classes from Louisville from the 70's to early 80s?

It would be nice if the people who run the NFMS website could post some historical results back from the earlier days.

1980 January 09, 2014 11:14PM
The Louisville Courier Journal used to publish the top 3 and sometimes have an article. For some reason, I remember this year. I believe Ed Carmichael won, Joel Armistead was 2nd with the 6030, and Kevin Armistead was 3rd with a 4430 that used to be owned by Don Eldert (the old "Gypsy). Speaking of Gypsy, this tractor won the 15SS class 2 years in a row before, maybe in '77 and '78.

The thing I remembered more than that and have often wondered was the picture than ran was of a John Deere viewed from the front, and identified as Don Eldert in the caption. Does anyone know if Eldert built another Deere SS after Gypsy and ran it for a year or 2? Otherwise their caption was credited the wrong driver.

I know Eldert ran at the Indiana State Fair a few times but don't know if he ran many national events. Ah, the memories of a child.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,781, Posts: 229,964, Members: 3,339.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,046.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009