Massey LLSS January 10, 2014 02:44PM
What would be a good rear to use for a Massey LLSS?

Re: Massey LLSS January 10, 2014 02:45PM
I wondered the same thing, maybe a 1100 or 1080?

Re: Massey LLSS January 10, 2014 05:12PM
I would certainly say the 1100 rear would be the best

Re: Massey LLSS January 10, 2014 09:45PM
I wouldn't do anything until I talked to the Prewitt Pullin Team. Their 1130 LLSS is one of the best.

Re: Massey LLSS January 10, 2014 10:46PM
The 1100 is good but heavy. I helped a guy who ran an 1100 rear w small Perkins V8 for power in LSS and it was struggle to make 6300 that was the AG weight break at he time. But had 3 turbos and of course the V8 was not light either.

Re: Massey LLSS January 11, 2014 01:06AM
Pruitts are'nt using massey rearend,it"s an oliver 1650 ,( pretty sure )

Re: Massey LLSS January 12, 2014 01:35AM
What about something from the Massey Harris line? I know back in the day there were some 2-engine mods that used the 44 or 55 rear but I am skeptical that they would hold up.

Re: Massey LLSS January 11, 2014 02:39AM
Why don't they run on liver sheet metal then? And would the 1080 work? It looks liter then the 1100 but are the planataries on the end of the axel? How would that hold up?

Re: Massey LLSS January 11, 2014 04:44AM
llss should have the right sheet metal with the tractor or just let them go componet and fir get it i think that one tractor prewit has is a joke painted two colors come on now

Re: Massey LLSS January 11, 2014 06:24AM
The Oliver, moline, massey family was one in the same. they all used the same engines, rears, metal etc. jus diff colors. Not as far out in left field than a cummins bolted to a 560 ih rear or bolted to a oliver or cockshutt.

Re: Massey LLSS January 11, 2014 12:32PM
A100 white came with a 5.9 cummins wich is the same rear as the 100 and 1850 but I agree every tractor should match engine sheet metal then cockhutt would be dominate since hercules had a crossflow head with spark plugs and a 560 rear don't even resemble a 5250 and a 5250 WAS NOT IH there was no such thing as the factory replacement crap

Re: Massey LLSS January 11, 2014 12:42PM
IDIOT!

Re: Massey LLSS January 11, 2014 01:30PM
oil sucker I mean blocker you no who I am the next pull we are at the same place introduce yourself Smart a$$ I could realy care less and wish you could put a Belarus hood on a 560 I had a oliver rear cummins motor and a cockshuutt hood only thing you've got is a TOSHIBA

Re: Massey LLSS January 11, 2014 03:07PM
The more you post the more you prove my point. And if you would have read the whole post a 5250 is a case IH, being In the IH family how would have be any different then the tri racial apple of your eye...it's called updating, maybe you need to go back to stock antique pulling, or lawn tractors if you looking for a cut tire option.

Re: Massey LLSS January 11, 2014 03:23PM
why dont you guys shut up and grow up a man asked what would be the best rear to use and you all can see my name at every post you guys hide who you are and run your mouth its time to be men

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2014 03:25PM by chris trout.

Re: Massey LLSS January 12, 2014 01:17AM
The idea of a MF tractor sharing anything with an Oliver is like saying it'd be fine to use a Ford 5000 rearend in a tractor with 1066 hoods. AGCO wasn't formed until almost 1990. I don't think merging the heritage from one company with another is ok. Prewitt's have been running that tractor like that almost since the class was started, so let's get over it and just realize that an Oliver is gonna have a disadvantage because the transmission takes so much more HP to turn than other brands.

As for the debate on the 5.9L Cummins, Case is really the only company with true rights to this engine. The B model Cummins was a joint venture between Case and Cummins called Consolidated Diesel that was formed in the late 70's. Yes, Case-IH, White, Dodge, AGCO, and about a dozen other companies bought the engine too. I thought any company except Deere was gonna be allowed to use this motor in this class. Its not as if it doesn't take a bunch of work to make it run well. I think its gonna take plenty of work to make anything competitive. This really isn't worth arguing about. Build a tractor within the cubic inch limit, turbo limit and see who can get them down the track. At 6000lbs, its anyone's game. Seeing a set of 151's or BFG beat a set of 10 ply Pullers or HP's adds a whole other part that takes the engines and rearends out of it.

Re: Massey LLSS January 12, 2014 02:18AM
So you're kind of a selective purist then...........You say no Oliver rear with Massey tin because of heritage and timelines with respect to lineage. So what part of that belief makes it OK to put a 5.9 with a 560 rear and use a 5250 hood? Pot calling kettle black I would say! The CDC deal was with Case, not IH. Just because they merged doesn't make that combo correct, same scenario as the Oliver/Massey combo. Personally I don't care about the purist angle as much as I used to, been there, done that, nothing to be gained.

Your are correct that it is not worth arguing about at this point. There has been so much consolidation over the years that it's a moot point. Technically speaking, Deere would be at the largest disadvantage in terms of engine and sheetmetal options because they have remained stand alone! LOL! I still believe as much as I don't want to see it that the day is coming is coming where it is generic block with ci, turbo and weight limits, then just pick your sheetmetal. NTPA has started that ball rolling with the sheetmetal/engine rule they brought in a few years ago.

Re: Massey LLSS January 12, 2014 03:18AM
You say massey and oliver didn't share anything until agco came along? A little history lesson....look up a 98 massey on tractor data.com. Massey sheet metal and oliver running gear, it was the same tractor as the 990. So those guys messed up too way back then?

Re: Massey LLSS January 12, 2014 04:48AM
Looks like a 5.9 with a Case 30 series rear and 70 series tin is the most legal.

Re: Massey LLSS January 12, 2014 09:59AM
You are dead right about the Massey 98 thing, had actually forgotten that one!

Re: Massey LLSS January 12, 2014 04:32PM
...and let's not forget about the entire Massey - Moline relationship. Better to read in the threads versus me regurgitating it. Smiling

[www.yesterdaystractors.com]
[www.smokstak.com]
[www.tractordata.com]

Re: Massey LLSS January 12, 2014 03:13PM
So does that mean you can run a new style detroit in a massy

Re: Massey LLSS January 11, 2014 08:57AM
5.9 came for the factory in Case IH tractors (5250 for example). So that would just be a undated engine for the 560. I'm not sure about the others running the cummins but a IH, Case, or CaseIH are good to go. I know that agco is one big family, I'd run Massey metal too, it's by far the best looking choice!!

Re: Massey LLSS January 11, 2014 09:10AM
Exactly my point.

Re: Massey LLSS January 11, 2014 02:44AM
same as 399 with a 354 isnt it. double dose was a 640 v8 with a 1100 rearend wieghed under 5000.

Re: Massey LLSS January 12, 2014 11:37AM
KOOL Cummins is also a update for my f12 and M farmal .And my uncles old Hart Parr90 and you can buy a re power kit for a JD so that also makes it a replacement .grandpas old 44 masseys and my aunts 8006 DEUTZ........ JUNK SOME DODGES BOYS Forgot wifes 8n FORD

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,746, Posts: 229,888, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,992.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM