4430 rock shaft removal January 12, 2014 09:53AM
Im removing the rock shaft on my 4430, to replace with a bare cover. I plan on reinstalling the two 90* fittings that are mounted on each side of the housing in the rear.
What are the other things that i need to contend with? Does anything need to be done to the load sensing shaft? Has anyone removed the lower support where the the arms pin to? I know i've asked this before and horrible at writing it down. Thanks Mike

Re: 4430 rock shaft removal January 12, 2014 04:19PM
Why are you reinstalling the 90 fitting?

Re: 4430 rock shaft removal January 13, 2014 10:05AM
Im reinstalling the lines that run up the side of the trans. Theres one one each side of the rock shaft housing. I believe they are the feed and return lines. Not quite sure witth out the book in front of me.

Re: 4430 rock shaft removal January 13, 2014 01:25PM
Just plug the lines off you don't need to hook them back up if you have to.remove the load bar shaft to take the hitch support off and you can leave it out if you just pound a couple frost plugs in. Hope it helps.

Re: 4430 rock shaft removal January 14, 2014 12:03PM
With the lines removed there wont be any pump or pressure issues? So in essance it will create two seperate systems? One up front brakes and steering and the trans pump will handle its duties out back?

Re: 4430 rock shaft removal January 14, 2014 01:21PM
Nope, no issues, it's a closed center system on the high pressure side, just cap it off down where it tee's off to go to the steering and brakes. The other line on the left is the return from the control valves, that line is under low pressure, 175 to 200 psi depending on how high your clutch pressure is set. Just plug that down at the filter relief valve housing.

Re: 4430 rock shaft removal January 14, 2014 01:37PM
Thanks, and remove the attenuator or relocate? Pump running @3000 rpm will the attenuator amount to anything or scrap and save the weight?

Re: 4430 rock shaft removal January 14, 2014 05:00PM
The function of the attenuator is to help reduce the hydraulic noise coming into the cab.. not needed.. (The round canister behind the right front cab mount.)
You just need a line running from the pump back to where the line goes up for the steering and brakes.. You could also reduce the front pump pressure.. to what ever it takes for steering...

Re: 4430 rock shaft removal January 15, 2014 11:14AM
I was thinking of powering the steering and brakes with a belt or electric pump. But ive been told the oem pump can handle the higher rpm. If this in fact true i like the sound of lowering the pressure.

Re: 4430 rock shaft removal January 19, 2014 11:32AM
Any other lines I can disconnect that i wont need and wont cause system issue's? Im not a hydrualic expert.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,718, Posts: 229,832, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,967.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro