ppl silver sieres schedule January 13, 2014 05:19AM
Has anyone got any kind of updated schedule for rules for the new ppl schedule out here in the Midwest. Could not find it anywhere on the ppl website. See ntpa and outlaws has the schedules posted. Didn't know if Doug has the outlaw schedule correct or blowing smoke up everyone behind. Is outlaws or ppl in sac city, greenfield, ft dodge, etc. or is ntpa or ppl in independence.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 13, 2014 05:40AM
Can't help a ton as I am not involved with any of those groups. I can tell you while at the Iowa Fair Convention I talked with a few folks in Ft. Dodge. They are having a PPL event (not sure which level/series). I have since heard (maybe on this board so take it with a grain of salt) that Ft. Dodge was having two different pulls. One PPL and one Outlaw.

Chris
NPPA President
president@nepowerpullers.com
www.nepowerpullers.com
www.facebook.com/nepowerpullers

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 13, 2014 05:52AM
Independence PPL

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 13, 2014 08:06AM
You would think if ppl is going to take over the world they would be able to announce at least their champions tour schedule by now let alone this brand spanking new (lol) protect the harvest schedule. Its gonna be hard to dominate the Midwest when your so called competitors and fans don't know where you are dominating at. LMAO

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 13, 2014 08:41AM
Let me guess another outlaw puller.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 13, 2014 09:12AM
Let me guess again. Came from Carthage!

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 13, 2014 08:47AM
Bad year with high fuel and low corn prices to start a new deal out west. For that reason not many pullers are going to travel from back east this year and no one knows the rules or dates and it pays less than outlaws, so it is about doomed from the start. Don't look for a schedule until ntpa and outlaws schedules are final and then they may try to find some open dates and plug in some pulls. Otherwise enjoy a bunch of 8500 pro field tractors and some 466 and 4.1 tractors that every association west of the Mississippi has plenty of.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 13, 2014 04:32PM
They might have 4.1 tractors but they won't run with PPL 4.1s. Saw that a lot in 2013. It's 9500 pro-field and 8500 LP.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 13, 2014 04:49PM
Our schedule isn't done yet, thus I don't want to post anything that is tentative. Kinda busy this week with this little pull in Illinois. We will be working on our schedule for a few more weeks. I would like to have something tangible by the Louisville Farm Show pull. As far as the rules if you are in that class... you know what the rules for the RENZE SEED PROTECT THE HARVEST SERIES are going to be. Thanks for your patience. Klint

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 13, 2014 05:15PM
Somebody needs to post the rules for the keyboard pullers. If you don't pull leave the "powers that be" alone and they will get their real schedules done. The fantasy schedules don't count.re. Doug

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 14, 2014 07:14AM
how do you all think the outlaw schedule is a fantasy? Yes there are a handful of new pulls on it this year but for the most part it looks very similar to the schedule the outlaws have run the past several years. What pulls do you think are not going outlaws? Lets hear it smart ass know it all's

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 14, 2014 07:31AM
From what I heard ppl has the inflated schedule and if anyone stopped by and just talked to ppl at the Iowa fair convention they put them on their schedule. Heard from a reliable source that Greenfield went with outlaws, so they can mark that one off.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 15, 2014 11:12PM
That black JD (small block) and that lone red one @ Wheatland had 8 combined wins on the PPL Champions Tour.Eye Popping Don't think those guys are scratching their heads any harder than the 70% of the class big blocks are .

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 13, 2014 12:16PM
How come none of you outlaw supporters(that post on here) have enough courage to post your name?

I am sure if anyone legitimately wanted any information on this has plenty of resources to get it, Klint has posted his #, PPL has a website with contact info. I'm certain that most of you commenting on this will have plenty of time to decide what pull you are going to watch when any of the above mentioned organizations release their final 2014 schedule.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 14, 2014 07:43AM
Seems like AAR is on here bashing outlaws and praising ppl on every thread , but has yet to leave his name even though he calls out everyone else about not leaving their name.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 14, 2014 09:56AM
A. A. R. is the initials to a corporation that builds Horsepower !Cool

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 14, 2014 11:04AM
I ve heard it all now Hehe !!

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 14, 2014 02:04PM
Lmao is that what is now !??

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 14, 2014 11:15PM
Now Klint why would you do what the majority wants? Don't you know that this country is now ruled by the minority,.....the ones that want to take away from the ones that have. Same deal with these crybabies on here about the new series coming in their area. They cry about tires,.....turbos,.....pulling schedules,....they just basically cry cry cry cry. What a bunch of female dogs ! Outlaws are Outlaws your group is what it is,.....deal with it! Posting negative on a forum is nothing but an agenda,....plain and simple.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 15, 2014 12:00AM
Am I the only one that notices how different the members of PPL are from the members of the other organizations as evidenced by their comments and grammar. I doubt it. There are some pullers out there not ready for big time. Klint and Craig are where they are because of reputation and ability. I would think most everybody should be excited about new organizations instead of angry. Competition is good for anything. We can't lose sight of the fact that it comes down to providing a show that paying customers want to see. They will decide who the real winner is not us.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 14, 2014 11:31AM
Do a little research dude Winking

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 14, 2014 12:09PM
AAR why don't you quit being a prick and post your real name like a real man. On a side note the management of this site needs to do away with temporary user names and also only allow posts to appear that have a real name and contact info attached. That would eliminate 99.9 percent of the B.S. on this site!! Then it would only contain useful information and questions and would be worth looking at on a daily basis. Andy Evans Dunlap IA (712) 310-2559

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 14, 2014 12:47PM
Not a problem little buddy, Craig Armfield here owner of Armfield Ag Repair. Get the AAR connection? Now I've followed Jake's rules and posted under my username just as u did. You want to call me a prick for telling the truth then so be it, I am what I am and I don't have to hide behind a fake username to be so.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 14, 2014 01:46PM
Where would the fun be then. It's a post board don't have a cow over it. Just trust the people who are signed in.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 14, 2014 02:06PM
So why: post your name and you'll get your answer!

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 14, 2014 03:53PM
That there first letter is what is called a lower case L.
That would be also called a "small" L, back in the day.
His handle in all caps would look like this;
LMAO
Means;
Laughing
My
A--
Off
So you see, it has nothing to do with IaMo pulling group.
Nice try!

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 14, 2014 11:20PM
Hey brilliant, obviously you did not get the irony of the small case i. Now who is LMAO. Hope you're better on the track than you are here.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 14, 2014 01:19PM
So why is Craig Armfield have such a dislike for Outlaws. Do not every recall that name at any Outlaw events or does he even have a pulling tractor. I have heard of Riverside, Hypermax, and others, but never heard of this place making any horsepower. Must be the best secret out west or maybe they build the best 8500 pro field tractors for the new ppl lucas oil renze seeds protect the harvest silver sieres. WOW!

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 14, 2014 02:09PM
The ppl protect the thistle seed have made the rules in pro field class and left quite few tractors not being able to pull with them just because of tire size

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 14, 2014 02:26PM
yes that klint whoever dude has made the protect the harvest series a brush pulling series just like his winter pulls

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 14, 2014 03:42PM
And somebody from iamo has the gall to call ANYBODY a brush puller. Like the pot calling the kettle black!

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 14, 2014 03:39PM
they tuck the shift way so the 24 5 32 tractors can give alil too MAKE A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD and that way the crowd can some what know different classes not look the same

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 14, 2014 03:45PM
No offense but you should have gone to your English classes.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 14, 2014 04:28PM
Sorry Josh, didn't want to keep anyone out. Just did what we were asked by the majority.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 14, 2014 11:13PM
If you want to pull with the big boys quit whining and figure out how to get different tires . If not hush. We are tired of you complaining. Who said pulling was easy.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 18, 2014 04:36AM
I like watching pro stock tractors pull but isn't everyone comparing apples to oranges? Ppl and ntpa have a pro stock class and out laws are a limited pro stock class

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 14, 2014 11:36PM
I'm going to venture a guess. He makes parts for pulling tractors and builds complete tractors. I personally know 2 people like him who did not get paid for parts sold to the "SUPREME LEADER". Maybe? If you OTTPA guys never heard of him you need to get out more often.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 15, 2014 05:02AM
What I don't understand is why there even needs to be another association in the Midwest. We have gobs of them. Why not just build up one of the existing associations? And also why make the rules for a certain class so close for the PPL to others associations and then change one little thing to make other tractors in the area not able to run with you? Can you post the rules for the Pro Farm class

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 18, 2014 10:02AM
ppl champions tour schedule has been out sinca at least1/13/2013

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 19, 2014 06:21AM
PPL cannot announce a schedule of events until their promoter contracts are signed, sealed and delivered. Announcing before that would leave room for confusion and speculation, all of which this sport doesn't need more of.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 15, 2014 08:51AM
They tried that with the Nebraska bush pullers and that went nowhere. Now trying a different approach.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 15, 2014 11:26AM
This OTTPA bashing is so comical, same crap was on here years and years ago, do you remember a group called atpa and had group of from Missouri called tpm if I remember correctly, they we're gonna take all the pulls from Outlaws....we seen how that worked out, in fact this last summer I seen where the former pres. was hooking with Outlaws again, I liked to fell over but was glad to see him there...I'm not saying Outlaws are perfect but I went to the Iowa state fair and it was a best track and pull I have ever seen there since the early 80s and that's including ntpa...I'm not gonna bash your new group in anyway I have never seen them but if it's run like the pull ppl used to put on in Macon you have a long row to hoe if your gonna compare yourself to the overall show that Outlaws put on....This is just from a paying fans point of view take it for what it's worth.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 15, 2014 11:54AM
If you remember tpm was with outlaws before they went atpa. Outlaws is still standing but tpm is not. Doug was smart enough to get out of that mess before tpm dragged outlaws down. Some things will never change!

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 15, 2014 11:55AM
Say all you want about Outlaws, but they put butts in the seats and run a good pull. I have talked to other promoters and they feel the same way. I don't see them losing many pulls if any.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 15, 2014 12:43PM
They would be foolish if they did go with another group that's for sure, That big screen instant replay they had at I.S.F. was fantastic only way it could have been better if they could hook the sound of the truck and tractors along with it... lol On another note that gets old is the Doug bashing, from a fans point of view he knows what he is doing when grouping pulls together and putting a pull on... I remember all the the bashing he took when he wanted to put limits on the pro turbo's, boy there a few on here working the keyboards in overdrive..lol and I kinda had my doubts too, they we're going to isolate themselves from other pullers, but looking back they were down to 2 or 3 that hit most of the pulls to 8 or 10 and I heard there was few more being built..and I will give him credit ,I guess he knew what was best for the class..I doubt the class would have survived..

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 15, 2014 01:45PM
Outlaws pro stock class is the best it has ever been. 2 new tractors this year and heard of 2 more coming out. Could have close to 14 to 16 at some pulls, had 13 at some pulls last year. That class just got out of hand with NTPA and PPL there is not enough big spenders to support it. Look at the last PPL pull at Wheatland, the PPL owners own pull, on CBS and only 11 tractors left pulling. All green except for one red tractor. PPL only has about 10 hooks all year for them and that is mostly one hook and they have all week to fix them, while outlaws has close to 30 hooks with a lot being 2 or 3 days in a row and only one outlaw tractor lost a engine last year and didn't finish the season. Most fans can not tell the difference and when the Outlaw tractors ran with the NTPA & PPL tractors they finished in the middle of the pack, beating quite a few. Same with other classes in Outlaws.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 15, 2014 03:08PM
for sure
. That class just got out of hand with NTPA and PPL there is not enough big spenders to support it.

Bowling Green had 54 Pro Stocks last year.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 16, 2014 02:45PM
Well after reading through all these posts, seems to me you outlaw guys are on the defense about EVERYTHING, way too touchy. I would go to a PPL event any day before I came to watch an outlaw pull, way too many cry baby's.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 15, 2014 04:26PM
I'm glad to see them get that many from both ntpa and ppl to come, but I as a fan that have never been in Ohio and don't ever plan on it,im more concerned with the health of the Outlaw pro class and it has improved above and beyond my expectations... Now far as trying to claim the 4.1 are the same hp as pro class is comical, I have watched the pro class since it was first started and if you think a 4.1 turbo p pump and 640 cubes are going stay with a 4.9 billit pump and head and component chassis and 680 cubes is laughable...That would be be like comparing a sf to a Lpro and there wouldn't be a need for them to throw in another couple slugs in the sled to stop them..I will say I watched a few ppl pro pulls on tv and there are 3 green big blocks deers "I guess 1 was painted black" it seems to me are making way more hp than the rest in there class... If I had a small block red or green I would be scratching my head wondering how I'm supposed to keep up with them...

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 15, 2014 03:11PM
PPL gaining a red pro. Outoutlaw pros can barely boast HP #'s better than their 4.1 counterparts. Combining them would make a competitive class.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 15, 2014 11:27PM
Again Craig at AAR does know what he is talking about. He needs to go back to working on his 8500 pro field tractors and keep his big top secret horsepower in King City. Look at the results from a couple of Outlaw tractors that hooked elsewhere. On the results page on the PPL website at Farm Progress Show in Decatur, IL on Aug 27th the Outlaw tractor of Cody Shay with his Outlaw setup got 8th out of 17 tractors. Got beat by less than 10 feet by Borensen, Masterson, McCormick, Hook, Wischmier, River Rat and beat Wielman, Schnickter, Sapp, Ruhnow, Brown, Justison, Ladwig, Brinkmier, Blabler. On the NTPA website at the Grand National hook in Sandwich, IL on Sept. 8th Doug Sabotka on his way home from the last Outlaw hook running his outlaw setup came in 8th out of 21 tractors. Got beat by Cope, Borenson, McCormick, Campbell, Smuckner, Smuckner, Cain and beat Miller, Brinkmier, Wilman, Russel, Stamm, Kingen, Kuhns, Sapp, Martin and others. Not bad for these so called low horsepower 4.1 tractors. The big difference is most of the fans cannot tell the difference when they are mixed together and the Outlaws tractors after 30 hooks just keep going and going and going, hook after hook while the rest of these big AAR endorsed pro stocks get to keep turning wrenches hook after hook after hook. This is why the Outlaw Pro Stock class is growing with 2 new tractors last year and 2 more for 2014. Places like Tomah and Bowling Green are always going to have lots of pro stock tractors even when PPL tries to book a pull on top of them for spite.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 16, 2014 12:03AM
What happened to AAR posting the tentative schedule for the new ppl lucas oil, protect the tistle, renze seed, western sieres. Had seen much lately, has Klint scolded Craig and told him to not post so they wont have to explain why they are not going to those places after all.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 16, 2014 01:02AM
They are both in Gordyville having fun while you are sitting at home acting childish on the computer.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 16, 2014 01:14AM
to" the facts": do you know how hard it is to change turbo's on a pro stock?

Cool

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 16, 2014 01:25AM
Craig, you know they don't. Just a bunch of wanna be whining crybabies that don't have a big enough allowance from mommy to go to a pull much less build a tractor.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 16, 2014 06:34AM
I love how Richard has the decency to put his name on his post and dog in the hunt cant. funny how a lim pro is not allowed to run in the pro stock class. doesn't fit the rules my @$$

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 16, 2014 07:05AM
What association are u a member of ? What tractor do u own and pull?

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 16, 2014 07:41AM
To AAR
What association are u a member of ? What tractor do u own and pull?

You don't know Vinny? He's pulled PPL champions tour, Nebraska bush, outlaws, northwest mo and Iamo all in 2013 alone. Hell he's even been on the cover of a magazine

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 16, 2014 01:37AM
I guess myself as a fan could care less how the Outlaw pro compared at a ntpa or ppl pull, if they would have finished last I would still go watch them when I could..I enjoyed watching that class since it started, I remember watching Don on River Rat and I thought man this class is going to be the class going to take off and boy did it... Another tractor that stuck in my mind was Doug's 4455 Barnyard Beast, what a work of art at the time, he kicked everyone bad in the pro class that year and then jumped in with dss class and finished 3rd or 4th, and that was ntpa hook with Esdon and the big dogs there,it was impressive.. Since you brought up this new pro farm class Outlaws added, now this class is to close in hp with the sfs and hard to tell apart and myself as a fan don't care to watch either one but I know there are people that do...I can see this class as cheap as it is to build compared to a Ltpro getting out of hand with big no. In the class, the last thing I want to watch at the state fair are 40 or 50 of them tearing up the track before the classes I prefer to watch.. They had a problem like this 35 to 40 sfs a few years ago and the Ltpro helped that problem..before it gets out of hand they need a invitational type system for there bigger pulls and limit them to 15 max..

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 16, 2014 01:30AM
I asked to pull my 4.1 tractor in the Outlaw Pro class at Lebanon. I was turned down.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 16, 2014 02:09AM
Did they give you a reason?

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 16, 2014 03:31AM
Lets start with you didn't meet the rules. Like a recast head, wrong turbo, wrong fuel and water to name a few. You do not want to run there rules but sure would like to pull for that great purse. The rules were established before you built your tractor and that was your choice and everyone is fine with that. You just have to drive far from home to pull.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 16, 2014 03:50AM
Lets see
Lets start with you didn't meet the rules. Like a recast head, wrong turbo, wrong fuel and water to name a few. You do not want to run there rules but sure would like to pull for that great purse. The rules were established before you built your tractor and that was your choice and everyone is fine with that. You just have to drive far from home to pull.

One should always read before typing it could help you seem a bit more knowledgeable :-)

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 16, 2014 04:01AM
Hey let's c,
Prob should rethink your post. Even in outlaws pros have bigger chargers than 4.1

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 16, 2014 04:27AM
Wrong fuel and water, plus Outlaws do not allow class jumping, and better yet ask Jim Brackett as that was his deal.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 16, 2014 12:18PM
I was told I had wrong charger. I mentioned that mine was smaller. Not a big deal. I just wanted to see how I stacked up with the big dogs. It was a local pull and I was asked to show up and bring some tractors and did. End of season and was just trying to have some fun before winter. By the way I do run outlaw fuel.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 18, 2014 02:28PM
Richard you do know the reason why you didnt run with the pros. First you had a recast hard, yes you have a PPL 4.1 charger but correct me if I'm wrong but doesnt it have a billet wheel in it? Ultimately your "ppl 4.1" maybe "smaller" in your mind but with all that s*** in it makes it bigger than outlaws charger. Second you dont run our water, yes you run our fuel, Third Jim put the pro show on to promote a furture show there not to have a bunch of class jumping like what happened at Wisner Nebraska with four ppl 4.1s jumping into the pro class for our purse money. Finally pretty sure you were told where you would stalk up correct me if im wrong " you all will be in the middle of the pack, just like outlaw pros if we went to a ppl show or ntpa show we would end up in the middle of the pack" P.S didnt you hurt a rocker arm in your tractor anyway in your class? so why get on here and run people down when you know our rules and had a hurt tractor after your class anyway, and pretty sure you were home in bed when we finally ran anyway at 3am

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 18, 2014 03:25PM
Where to start... I'm assuming this is Doug, if not sorry. I figure that because of the reference to "great purse money". Not the first post we've seen that on. I didn't run anybody down, just stated the facts. Mr. Brackett said that they "the class" went out and got the sponsors for the class and felt it was their prize money. I said we " PPL 4.1s, 4 of us " would just pull for placing and not take any money if we even placed high enough. Jimmy and I have known each other for years. He is an icon in the class and we all know it. That was it. We simply wanted to see how the class would go. My water is distilled water from Wal-Mart with Napa air tool oil in it for lubrication. I like your fuel because everybody recognizes it. My water is legal everywhere I pull but I understand. I didn't break a rocker but dropped a valve. But that was after the fact. We stayed and watched Amy's son drive her tractor after the pull. We also ate supper with all the pullers after the pull because we were invited. Hope this clears this up. P S It was almost 4:00 when we got home

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 20, 2014 03:25PM
Richard, Lets see, you build a nice tractor, or had it built, you decide to pull with ppl, that's fine. Now after one year you fit right in with the ppl 4.1 class. First rule bash outlaws or the pullers they have. Next rule bash Doug Roberts or accuse him of this crap on the website. Good job you are now official member of the 4.1 class in ppl (piss poor losers).

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 21, 2014 12:21AM
Way to represent! You are a true asset to the outlaw community :-) if only you had the courage to stand behind your convictions lmao!

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 18, 2014 03:29PM
Why don't you post your name "Too Richard". You seem to know an awful lot about us and our tractor, which I'll take that as a compliment. If I remember correctly, I think we got home about 4 o'clock that morning because of the great meal that Kenny and the family fed us there. We were some of the very few that stuck around to watch the 10,000 pound class that morning. It was kinda funny seeing the deer in the headlights look when all the ppl 4.1 guys asked to pull in the pro stock class there. Which I guess we should take that as a compliment as well. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that I grew up really looking up to all the big time outlaw guys. Wanted to be just like them. And now that I've had the chance to deal with and meet a few of them, I wish I hadn't. What a shame. We all started in this sport for the fun of it and for the people we meet. Theres no reason to get cocky, or to think you're better than the next guy. Let's all pull and have fun together.

Signed Jordan Warren.
Cottonmouth pulling team

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 19, 2014 01:34AM
? Would you guys let a outlaw prostock run in your 4.1 ppl class? Rules are rules. I get tried of people asking to break them. The one question I have for the outlaw pro guys is, are recasted and billet heads illegal?

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 19, 2014 02:57AM
?
? Would you guys let a outlaw prostock run in your 4.1 ppl class? Rules are rules. I get tried of people asking to break them. The one question I have for the outlaw pro guys is, are recasted and billet heads illegal?

OTTPA 10,000 lb tractor has the option of 680 cu, sigma injection pump any size plunger, 4.8 turbo limit. Why in the world would you think a OTTPA 10,000 lb tractor could hook in a PPL 4.1, 640 cu, P-series pump class ? Surely you were jokingConfused

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 19, 2014 05:21AM
My point is they are winning about not getting to hook with outlaws. They would not let an pro hook in there class, because it don't meet there rules. So why should outlaws let them hook in there pro class. If I am not mistaken outlaws has there own 4.8 charger, there own fuel and water. And does not allow hp tires. My point is rules are rules.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 19, 2014 06:18AM
You are a special kind of stupid

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 19, 2014 11:45AM
He's probably just trying to fit in with everyone else involved with the stupid arguments about this topic!

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 19, 2014 06:40AM
My 7th grade English teacher Mrs. Patton would go crazy reading your posts.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 19, 2014 01:25PM
You ned to stay in the stands and out of the politics of pulling your posts make you look ignorant if nothing else.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 19, 2014 01:46PM
I do not understand. Rules are rules. So how does that make me stupid? The guy who started this had the wrong turbo. That is simple.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 19, 2014 01:53PM
The wrong turbo had nothing to do with why they wouldn't let them hook. The reason they wouldn't let them hook is because they didn't want a 4.1 to beat their "prostocks".

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 19, 2014 02:00PM
You can not fix stupid. The rule is not 4.8 max. The rule is 4.8 hyper period. Rules are rules. Play by the rules or don't play at all. What don't you guys get.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 19, 2014 02:45PM
Somebody needs to loan them a Hyper 4.8 charger!

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 19, 2014 02:51PM
If you meet the rules they will let you pull. If you want to pull play by their rules. It would be unfair to expect anything else. Agreed get the right turbo and have fun.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 16, 2014 02:06AM
Where to even begin? Outlaws-They have with out a doubt grown from a very small organization that used to cover mainly Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Northern Texas and the Nebraska State fair to a Midwest powerhouse that now covers all of Nebraska, most of western Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas and now Ohio. According to their web-site they have over 40 events scheduled for the upcoming 2014 season. Many two and three day event swings. They are also setting the standard in the marketing and media world as well with regards to pulling. They have one of the biggest big screens around that has really enhanced a lot of their events this past year. It has added a lot of professionalism to the sport and to each and every event that they have it at. Doug a few years ago even got into the indoor event game as well. He started an event in Kansas City that has had some ups and downs no doubt. Not sure what the future holds for it, but as long as you don't have to pay for your sled and smoke machine I guess the pull can go on. I know over the years from talking with some pullers and promoters that their feeling is Outlaws has done a lot of good for their events and this sport. It has given many pullers a place to pull and an opportunity to chase a series that literally takes a large check book to chase. If you were to look at just the Mod class this year, based on the current schedule. To win points you will have a min of 37 hooks to a sled. That isn't counting any restarts, or re hooks due the first hook drop. Outlaws had to create some rules to make their vehicles last for that many hooks. They may not be breaking down as often, but hauling their rigs from South Dakota to Texas in order to compete for first place price is no inexpensive task either. Obviously, every year one or two guys in each class make this commitment. That is a huge commitment to make because they aren't always pulling on the best tracks, or pulling for a lot of money and they are a way from their family a lot as well, When you attend an Outlaw Event you see a big screen on the track, and announcer that is an icon of the sport, some of the best sleds in the business, and overall a pretty rock solid well run event. On the surface they look to be unstoppable and one rock solid business. So, how can PPL even compete with them? Why would they even want to attempt to go WEST of the Mississippi? Outlaws already have every event out their, so what can PPL even get. They tried to get Wisner and lost out, may or may not of lost their bid for a few other Outlaw Events. Doug seems to be the master of steeling events, cutting deals that may or may not be fair for all his other events. I know that if Outlaws offered to practically pay for my event, I wouldn't hesitate to let them come and see what they could do like he has offered a few events this year. They also have many new sponsors and Full Pull magazine on board this year. Pulling for over a Million dollars in purses in 2014?

When I think of Outlaws, I think of Enron - lots of promises, lots of hype, and a lot of dedicated people that got caught up in all the BS in the end!

When I think of PPL I think Lucas OIL - Give it time, Forest didn't build Lucas motor oil over night!

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 16, 2014 03:20AM
There not getting anymore of my time,wasted time and money driving to Macon to watch them pull then have them call it off after getting 2 tenths of rain and not even try and build a track, we seen how well that worked for them took a good pull and ruined it and they quit all together ,then I went to Boone a couple years ago to watch and what a poorly prepped track and poorly ran pull,I guess it was better the next night but if your gonna have a pull that compares to the Outlaws you better be on your A game every night if you want me to come back..

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 16, 2014 03:55AM
Have you not been to the western farm show?

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 16, 2014 04:53AM
No I have not, I'm not a indoor pull fan, I went to the nfms close to 20 years ago and it was colder than a well diggers butt and the smokers had a heck of a time getting started and then getting lit on the line..after they ran a few then the dag gum smoke tube kept breaking..I decided I would rather save my money for some summer pulls, there are 3 that I still want go to,Jeff city,Wisner and Rock Valley..I hope to go to Jeff city this summer and check out some of the gn ntpa tractors.It's been a long time since I have seen Esdon run in person.. If I lived half way close to kc. I'm sure I would check it out though.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 16, 2014 05:44AM
Ppl has some good pulls. The macon deal I couldn't agree more with you. Look at the people you are dealing with. Never been to boone so don't know nothing about it. All the big outlaw pulls I have been to have been excellent. Jeff City is one hell of a pull.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 16, 2014 04:37PM
Good post. It's obvious Doug has done a really good job of promoting the Outlaws over the years. PPL is still relatively new to the sport but I wouldn't bet against a man who has his name on an NFL stadium.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 16, 2014 05:28PM
How cool would it be if ppl would have a pull in this stadium. I know its probably not possible but would really great place to have one.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 16, 2014 08:41PM
Why is it so many people just want to bash one association or another, ppl, ntpa, and outlaws all have good pullers and flag some great shows, the big shows have suffered west of the Mississippi river for years dating back to state associations pulling out of the NTPA, for the most part because of big ego's and people that had chip's on their shoulder's. Until pullers remember we need fan's in the stands first nothing will progress, Outlaws would have never grown to this level if Iowa, Missouri, and Nebraska had not gone into self destruct years ago this action alone reduced grand national three day pulls into afternoon events in many places, and no shows at all in others. gone are the days of uniform rules for all , will we ever see the big mod's at the Missouri , Iowa and Nebraska state fairs again I doubt we ever will. Maybe PPL can build the Midwest up some over time.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 17, 2014 12:04AM
I agree the bashing gets old, and I didn't mean to sound like I was bashing ppl as a whole, but as a fan I think they would be better off staying out east where 95 percent of there pullers are from and I'm sure they put on good pulls out there. If you took Outlaws 700 miles east and put on a pull I'm sure it would have a lot to be desired as well and the fans that showed up wouldn't have the connection with them as they would towards the pullers from there own state or surrounding states that they have been watching for years..

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 17, 2014 03:33AM
First I would like to start by saying I'm just a fan of pulling. I know that I will never have the funds to pull a tractor. I travel all over to every pull that I can fit into my busy schedule. I watch Nebraska Bush, PPL ,Outlaws & hope to see another GN Ntpa pull again soon. I want to say as a fan of the sport that I enjoy and have made great life long friends that pull Nebraska Bush, PPL & Outlaws they both put on great pulls! I would like to tell all the people that can afford to participate in the sport I love to appreciate the fact you get to PULL! There's a lot of us that would trade spots with you! So try to quit all the negative talk! Pull with who you want to pull with! Remember there's a lot of fans like myself that would trade spots and take the drivers set in a heart beat! Good luck to all my pulling friends in 2014!

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 17, 2014 07:31AM
That my friends is what we need more of, a true pulling fan. I'm one of the lucky ones who gets to pull and I really enjoy meeting fans in the pits. If you're ever at a pull I'm at stop by and say howdy Mr. Deckinger.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 18, 2014 01:08AM
AAR look at gordyville results red edge pro was 4th with less than 4feet behind the winner. While your ppl 4.1 was way back in the pack. Just thought I would point that out.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 18, 2014 01:12AM
I wonder what turbo he was running?

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 18, 2014 01:22AM
Cody was NOT running the outlaw turbo setup !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 18, 2014 01:31AM
Vinny sure has them outlaws stirred up. Little green man must have peed in their Cheerios. Or maybe jealous because he is a cover model!

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 18, 2014 05:02AM
Bahahahaha you called Vinny a cover model,...........GrinningDrinkingBeerBouncingSmoking

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 18, 2014 04:31AM
Oh by the way I didn't have to check the results I witnessed it live...

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 18, 2014 07:57AM
I think it's all hyper worked on @ Gilberts Illinois

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 18, 2014 01:36AM
Correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't there some ottpa tractors BEHIND that PPL ride?

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 18, 2014 04:25AM
look at pros
AAR look at gordyville results red edge pro was 4th with less than 4feet behind the winner. While your ppl 4.1 was way back in the pack. Just thought I would point that out.
Yeah when we changed his turbo and put the intercooler on it really livens the Red Edge up don't you thinkWinking

Just thought I would point that out.....

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 18, 2014 06:34AM
I thought Sobotka worked on Cody's tractor ...

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 18, 2014 08:38AM
D&R motor CDS fuel & air

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 18, 2014 03:30PM
one guy says hyper and the other says CDS. I guess when I here it I will tell you which one it is

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 18, 2014 04:18PM
Well Sully there isn't any hyper left on It

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 18, 2014 04:22PM
Hey Vinny, any alcohol being consumed over there?

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 18, 2014 04:37PM
Yep its a good time!

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 18, 2014 04:44PM
I bet it is. Can't believe I just had a conversation with a real live cover model!!!

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 18, 2014 04:49PM
Lol yesss

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 19, 2014 06:46AM
Just saw AAR on the front cover of the the Land locked pirates magazine

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 19, 2014 10:49AM
Mr. pirate please explain. Thanks in advance

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 20, 2014 01:21AM
Think they would ever make the 640ci 4.1/ 540ci unlimited single combo class or would the 4.1 guys make to big of a stink.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 20, 2014 01:35AM
They have run together in the past the 540 guys don't have much for the 640s.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 20, 2014 01:48AM
From what I've seen on a good power track the 4.1s will be out front. on a crappy track with no bite the 540s have the advantage. Makes for an interesting class. Some 4.1 guys don't like it (ask Klint} others don't care.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 20, 2014 02:00AM
Ive seen it pulled as a combo class a few times and thought it was a good show. Fair bit cheaper to build a 540ci unlimited single aswell.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 20, 2014 02:13AM
Give me a call sometime this week in the evening. I have talked to a few guys that were interested in starting a Real Light Pro class west of the big river. I really don't want to run them with the 4.1 at 9,500 lbs. if we can keep from it. My number is 309-712-1406, thanks and look forward to visiting with you.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 20, 2014 02:41AM
What weight are you thinking. I know the 540 class could use some help in number of hooks. I'm open to new ideas. Anything to help the sport.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 20, 2014 02:52AM
West of the big river would be great!

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 20, 2014 03:17AM
You are correct about cost. 4.1s don't need #s and 540s do. I think most 4.1 guys figure they spent the money so if anybody has to give to run them together it should be the 540s. By my way of thinking it would be better to have more hooks even if you were at a slight disadvantage. If not you always have the option of buying that stroker crank and fitting the rules. Klint does about a good of job of handicapping as I have seen. I'm sure there are lots of opinion on this. Lots better and more productive than association fights.

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 20, 2014 03:44AM
ok wizards where was Cody's tractor at in the finals

Re: ppl silver sieres schedule January 20, 2014 05:36AM
Cody's fuel pump had a little trouble after he landed in the sand pile with his PPL setup on the engine. He decided to be conservative and just load the tractor and send it back to the shop and have it looked over, and repaired and ready for Louisville. Thanks Klint

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,961, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,044.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009