massey ferguson 2805 January 16, 2014 06:04AM
Wanting to start on my first pulling tractor after research and kicking it back and forth I think I want a massey ferguson 2805 v8. Seems to be easy to find one at a decent price. not to many of them out there like the 1066 i-h which is my second choice. Looking for a good resource to buy parts. Any tips or comments would be appreciated

Re: massey ferguson 2805 January 16, 2014 12:32PM
I have a 2805 Pro Stock for sale, not sure what level you are looking to get into. In my opinion it's cheaper to buy one than build one. Where are you located? There are only a few of us scattered across the country running a Massey.

Re: massey ferguson 2805 January 16, 2014 09:28PM
I would suggest using 1150 or 1155 rearend and transmission with 640 engine. 2805 stuff is very heavy. Building a 1066 is much easier and cheaper in the long run. If you are building a massey you better have deep pockets or can make a lot of parts yourself.

Re: massey ferguson 2805 January 16, 2014 09:51PM
Rebel Red,would love to see a picture of it,how does it run compared to Copes?

Re: massey ferguson 2805 January 17, 2014 12:37AM
Compared to Copes??? Are you kidding? That young man made this happen on his own hard work and determination. If not for Carlton's Warpath I highly doubt the interest would be there. This is not to take anything away from Kuhns. The person before stating DEEP POCKETS is spot on. there is no Hypemax or REI involved. Carlton has great friends and team mates in the Campbells not to mention his friends that help while he is out pulling. You can most certainly buy or build what you want. the person above is correct cheaper to buy turn key versus build your own. I'm going to throw out a group of ICON Pullers and their machines that when National Tractor Pulling is mention these names and vehicles immediately stand out and are top of the list.
Banters, Holmans, Dean, Lehn, Lorenz, Collins, Veney, G Stone, Kester.
Cope and his Warpath will most certainly make this list. Ask your self this. If Warpath was a John Deere or IH would you be looking at a Massey?
Give Cope or Kuhns a call for some insight on what is down the road. Good Luck.

Re: massey ferguson 2805 January 17, 2014 04:48AM
I think this is the rebel red tractor

Re: massey ferguson 2805 January 17, 2014 05:48AM
Yes, that's my tractor, it is for sale. I just updated the ad on the for sale page here. My engine was built by Luke Miller who owns and operates a company in Arthur, Illinois, called 300+ Performance. He is also the builder of Kuhn's Trailblazer tractor and works with Carlton Cope on v-8 Perkins engine technology. When I took my engine out there to Luke's shop 3 years ago to be rebuilt, I arrived at 8am on a Monday morning and there were 2 v-8 Massey tractors being built in his shop at that moment, another v-8 Perkins on a skid ready to go to the dyno, and Kuhn's Trailblazer showed up around lunchtime for a pre-pull check up. I was confident that my 900 mile trip from NY was with good reason. As far as comparing how mine runs in relation to Carlton Copes, let's just say that my tractor is for sale for $80,000 which if you were to have an engine built to the same specs as my engine starting out with nothing it would cost you more than that for the engine, complete ready to hook to a dyno or chassis. I'm guessing $250,000 wouldn't buy the Warpath tractor right now.

Re: massey ferguson 2805 January 17, 2014 03:37PM
thats the exact price he nammed in an interview

Re: massey ferguson 2805 January 17, 2014 07:59AM
Looks a lot like crutchfields old super, maybe I am seeing things.

Re: massey ferguson 2805 January 17, 2014 01:59PM
Yes it is the original Brutal Force chassis.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,734, Posts: 229,867, Members: 3,333.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM