Improve Outlaw dss class, would this work? January 20, 2014 08:46AM
To start off this may sound stupid and I'm sure someone will tell me that, but as good as the limits have worked for the other classes why not try and improve the dss class..I as a fan would like to see a little more color,a little closer competition and a few more rigs in this class, I'm old school I guess I like the old dss and pro stocks, and I as a fan want to see as many in those classes over all these county fair type classes...I don't know if Matt and the long time pullers of this class would be interested in it, but I have heard for years the top running dss are running the expensive billit pro chargers and building around or over 200lbs boost, why not go to box chargers or a pre set waste gate at 150 or 160 lbs.. I don't know if this would work but I sure would like to see more guys build for this class and stay running all season, I know it as improved with numbers but I think it could be better.. Nothing like that smoke shooting up 100ft. In the air and those 30.5 tires spinning 100mph...

Re: Improve Outlaw dss class, would this work? January 20, 2014 09:56AM
DSS turbos cost less than the single turbo classes now. With the rules the way they are you can get some nice holsets built your way for reasonable money compared to what turbos cost in other classes.

And if you would limit the boost to the numbers you are suggesting I am betting the winners would be all single turbo tractors that are set up with the latest and greatest.

The class would be left for dead with rules like these.

To me the DSS class is one of the cheaper (relatively speaking) classes to get started in. There are a lot of parts out there that can be used in this class that cost the same or less than any classes offered.

Just look you can get on the for sale page and for 60k you can have a tractor that won BG and Tomah in 2004 I believe.

I don't think there is a tractor class that Outlaws offer that 60k would put you in the winners circle. But in the DSS class with that tractor you would be in the top 8 more times than 60k might get you in any other classes.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: Improve Outlaw dss class, would this work? January 20, 2014 10:57AM
Thanks for your Adam, I still think there should be a way tone down the top end of the tractors to help the class and not hurt the show, look at this years results at the I.S.F. Goodwin,Ulmer and Parker weren't there .wether they were broke switched classes or quit altogether, I still think there's a problem that needs fixed some how.

Re: Improve Outlaw dss class, would this work? January 20, 2014 12:13PM
Just be patient , the outlaw dss class is starting to come around the existing pullers seem to make improvements to the tractors they have with a few building new tractors, last year we saw some new iron with AV showing up for some hooks and Travis Schlabau (sp) with the Bone Twister and a couple others rumored to be coming soon, Doug Messinger with Kryptonite and hopefully David Henderson with the new Stray Horse ??? Maybe AV can elaborate on what we can expect next year?

Re: Improve Outlaw dss class, would this work? January 20, 2014 12:19PM
Don't have a dog in the hunt is trying to castrate all the smoker classes. If he don't have one, maybe he should stay out of it?

Re: Improve Outlaw dss class, would this work? January 20, 2014 12:51PM
The new Stray Horse will be out at NTPA and Outlaw hooks this summer.

With Rock Valley and Rockwell not on top of each other this year again we could see a line up at RV like this?????

Henderson
Schlabach
Vaske/Franke
Messinger
Demers
Goodwin
Ulmer
Boeckmann
Barfnecht/Peterson
Cool
Nepper
Sykes
Anderson
Arndt

Time will tell but if we can get some NTPA / Outlaw spill over both ways at some hooks there could be some really good DSS sessions this summer. Time will tell and we will try to do our part.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: Improve Outlaw dss class, would this work? January 20, 2014 01:55PM
I guess if you pullers are happy so am I, I was just thinking out loud, I'm glad to hear there are new ones being built, I hope to see them all pull this summer.. I wish you all the best of luck..

Re: Improve Outlaw dss class, would this work? January 20, 2014 02:16PM
Nothing wrong with a guy speaking his mind , some good ideas, but like you said you are old school and there is nothing wrong with that it's just In the world of tractor pulling technology finds it's way into everything no matter the rules, everyone is trying to better their equipment and the next guys it's just the nature of the beast and the DSS class is defiantly a place where technology makes a huge difference as long as the check book will allow it..... Just my two cents

Re: Improve Outlaw dss class, would this work? January 20, 2014 12:36PM
We can't speak for other Supers but we do not run any so called pro charges. All four of ours where less than a single high dollar pro charger. We are working on a new chassis of another color. Most of the guys we know in this class do all their own work and that sometimes takes us a little longer to get back out when catastrophe hits. Ulmer and Goodwin all had some bad motor mojo this last year. Give it a little time there are more in the works.

Re: Improve Outlaw dss class, would this work? January 20, 2014 12:40PM
Not staying true to red after it got ya a points title last year ? Willing to spill the beans on what color?

Re: Improve Outlaw dss class, would this work? January 20, 2014 01:01PM
Any chance any of you guys will come to Mo and run x caliber on your off time? We would love to have you in our new heavy diesel class. With David helping getting it started it is going to be fun class.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,785, Posts: 229,971, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,049.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009