stock case screw in injectors January 24, 2014 05:04PM
How much fuel can stock lines and injectors from a 4690 case handle before you need to upgrade?

Re: stock case screw in injectors January 24, 2014 11:32PM
They will handle a lot. I think we are set at 425. You run an increased risk of hanging a plunger and it is harder on the pump when you
push to much.

Re: stock case screw in injectors January 25, 2014 01:26AM
We are running stock lines and injectors, our pump will max out at 450. Just don't want to tear anything up. We are new to this game. We have pulled antiques for years but wanted to try some farm stock pulling. Just trying to decide if I need to upgrade lines and injectors or try it with these first.

Re: stock case screw in injectors January 25, 2014 05:46AM
What model did are your heads on or from? The 70 series with those stock injectors should handle your fuel ok. I do not know about the 90 series.

Re: stock case screw in injectors January 25, 2014 09:36AM
My injectors are out of the 4490. I don't want to blow tips or hurt the pump by trying to stuff to much fuel through them, but this is a farm stock class. I just bought this pump because I got a good deal on it, and I wanted to be able to move up in the future.

Re: stock case screw in injectors January 25, 2014 10:43AM
You could just turn the pump down some at first, Travis. If I remember right, that pump was 25cc per turn (might have been per 1/2 turn)- it was on the build sheet. If you use the injectors you have, I would run a little more timing since it will take a little longer to inject the fuel. I ran it with stock lines at first, then .093 later. Made several changes at the time, so not sure if the bigger lines mattered. I had 4x.020 injectors, but always thought they were a bit small.

Re: stock case screw in injectors January 25, 2014 11:39AM
Kevin,
you dont have that build sheet by chance do you?

Re: stock case screw in injectors January 25, 2014 02:25PM
Kinda forgot to look, but I will. I'll let you know.

Re: stock case screw in injectors January 25, 2014 02:55PM
no problem and no hurry, I'm a long ways from starting it up yet

Re: stock case screw in injectors January 25, 2014 04:12PM
Man aren't we all. Pieces everywhere!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009