Methanol variances December 12, 2023 04:05AM
Is there any difference between a name brand alcohol for fuel and a non name brand alcohol, heard from a couple different distributors that it all come from the same tank/truck, I've tried Renegade and VP and can't really tell any difference.

Re: Methanol variances December 12, 2023 10:21PM
In NQS garden tractor pulling we have to run M1 or a variant of it. i have seen anything from Sunoco, Renegade, PowerMist, Stinger and even a brand that a local oil distributor carries in a 5-gallon pail. Normally the fuel gets tested after qualifying or finals one or both days. every tractor down the track in that particular class(s) it all has to fall into a certain threshold. odor, color, water test, specific gravity exc. i have seen all pass with flying colors. MOSITURE IS YOUR ENEMY....

Re: Methanol variances December 12, 2023 10:22PM
EDIT: MOISTURE IS YOUR ENEMY.

Re: Methanol variances December 13, 2023 05:30AM
Curious how you check odor? That's the first I heard that.

Re: Methanol variances December 13, 2023 07:10AM
I guess everyones sniffer is a little different.... but for NQS pulling you can certianly tell when something is off with the M1

Re: Methanol variances December 13, 2023 07:15AM
for example: PowerMist has a variant out called hole shot i believe is the one: it passes every test except for odor, it smells like ether being burnt. A few years ago, a couple of guys were mixing propylene oxide in with the fuel, and it definitely had a distinct odor. more-less for what we do, it should all smell the same regardless of manufacture. no fuel fragrances because it will fail the water test.

Re: Methanol variances December 15, 2023 03:26AM
That makes sense I guess.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,630, Posts: 229,694, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520