NYTPA Split January 27, 2014 02:03PM
Has anyone heard of NYTPA doing a split within their super stock class between their diesels and alcohol tractors?

NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT January 27, 2014 02:05PM
I wonder if the Hortons notified all the fairboards that the class is very likely going to be split between the alcohol and the diesels. how do you sell somebody a show and then totally change it? sounds like fraud to me. dont think theres going to be any alcohol at Greenwich this year. and why didn't all competing members get a vote on this , we all pay,somebody should look into the by-laws and see if this is legal before its too late.

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT January 28, 2014 01:08AM
if they eliminate all the competition they might have a chance at winning again.

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT January 28, 2014 02:18AM
One of my concerns is lack of details on the vote of splitting up the class. They fail to mention that they may change the sled settings between the deisel and alcohol, or take weight away from alcohol tractor, and what events are they going to spilt?? This all sounds shady to me!!

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT January 28, 2014 03:22AM
Good or Bad is all in the details. There currently is already a big weight difference to equalize the class. Per the NYTPA web site--

"The Super Stock tractor class allows four different types of tractors in the same class. Weights and regulations make this class very competitive. Super Stocks weigh 8,500 lbs and are limited to three turbo stages and 30.5 x 32 tires. The alcohol Super Stocks limit is 504 cid and weigh in at 7,500 lbs.

The ProStock tractors are limited to 680 cid and diesel fuel only. They have one turbo which are unlimited to its size. They are also limited to a 24.5 x 32 tires. ProStocks weigh in at 9,000 lbs.

Limited Pro Tractors are limited to 540 cid and are diesel fuel only. They have 3x4 turbo but depending on the pump such as a P pump versus when running with an A pump the charger size is not limited. They are limited to a 24.5 x 32 tire size.

Super Farm tractors are limited to 640 cid and weigh 9,000 lbs. They are limited to a P pump and a 3x3 turbo. Super Farms and Limited Pro are limited to an OEM casting cylinder head."

So is this split something as simple as running the current rules but having 2 sets of point standings, 1 for alkys and 1 for diesels? Is it running these rules and class together with same sled settings but having 2 sets of placing's? (I would think no one would in the class would like this as the purse for all would either be smaller or less paid place standings) Is it a full class split into 2 separate classes? (Kind of late to implement for 2014 but it could be voted on now for 2015.) Or are rumors only rumors and come to find out nothing is actually changing?

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT January 28, 2014 06:49AM
this has all been fine for many years with 4 or 5 different classes in one,untill uncle henry shows up and kicks ass.then one sore loser starts crying to daddy.if they realy want too see a joke watch a ppl show on tv and then watch Aprils miceks dvd of nytpa supers . how can they sit there and say that they have the best that there is and there running on kill. what a joke

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT January 31, 2014 06:39AM
I would like to know who is for this and why?

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT February 02, 2014 01:11AM
They've been trying to get the class split for the last 3-4 years....Henry's alky just gave it little more momentum. From what I'm hearing it won't be a complete split..... I offered my opinion/idea on how to move forward. We'll see what happens.

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT February 02, 2014 03:44AM
Henry and lance are great assets to the alky's. The rest are want to be puller or you might say part time. If the rest would go pulling on a regular basis they could have their own class. Oh yeah don't forget itty bitty and the Oliver they show up a lot too. These people are way too worked up for the club wanting to try something. I think this is a better option than trying something permanent.

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT February 02, 2014 05:33AM
So let's split the class for the 4 tractors you mentioned.....that makes sense???? And Henry is a part time NYTPA competitor. I would put Mark Hayes in that group of being an asset to the class. Hopefully Mark can get the Supernatural competing on a regular basis so that gives you four according to your figures. It's difficult to have a 4 tractor class in my opinion.

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT February 02, 2014 05:46AM
NYTPA fan. I agree 4 is not enough. You missed my point. If the rest of them pulled on a regular basis you and I would not be having this conversation nor would NYTPA.

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT February 02, 2014 06:08AM
Ok....but even if you had more run on a regular basis splitting the class would hurt the super stock class as a whole as well as the other classes NYTPA offer.. The promoters would have to choose what Super Stock class to have and if they choose both alky and diesel then what other class gets left out...mods, twd, super farm???? I don't see the fairs paying another purse. Someone would get left out...... I think the fans lose out as well. JMO

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT February 02, 2014 07:42AM
Let me guess. When your kids played sports you didn't keep track who one or lost. That's life you always can't win or go to all the pulls. Stop living in a dream world

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT February 02, 2014 08:17AM
Here are the 2013 points standing in the NYTPA Super Stock Class with note on whether the tractor is Alky or Diesel. See for yourself who runs for points, does well, or does not run much.

Determination 939 (Diesel)
Forced Decision 891 (Alcohol)
Oliver 817 (Alcohol)
Edge Of A Dream 780 (Alcohol)
Code Red 489 (Diesel)
Satisfaction 485 (Diesel)
Rooster 444 (Diesel)
Little Bitty 435 (Alcohol)
20 Mule Team 428 (Diesel)
Over Ruled 408 (Diesel) **** Will be Alcohol in 2014
Lil More Patience 406 (Diesel)
Chain Reaction 397 (Diesel)
Final Decision 388 (Diesel)
Sugar Top Special 384 (Alcohol)
Lil Less Patience 373 (Diesel)
3rd Generation 284 (Diesel)
Supernatural 240 (Alcohol)
Indecent Exposure 218 (Alcohol)
Stray Horse 173 (Alcohol)
Reborn Binder 147 (Alcohol)
Blue Rascal 115 (Alcohol)
Super Allis 99 (Diesel)
Crazy Canuck 34 (Alcohol I think)

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT February 03, 2014 03:40AM
it just shows how the nytpa are when forced decision comes in second and doesn't even hook full time with them. the real problem is other than burt the nytpa diesel only go to about 3 hooks a year. 1 in about the fifth week of there schedule the second maybe when they feel like it and the most important hook for ALL the diesel guys is there home town hook, can't miss that one...gota save the tractor for the biggest hook of the year, there home town fair...

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT February 03, 2014 04:06AM
NYTPA 2013 Number of Super Stock tractors at each competition (Includes points chasers, part time non points chasers, and anyone else who showed up.)
Ballston Spa- 15
Lowville- 10
Hemlock- 7
North Haverhill, NH- 5
Booneville- 8
Cobleskill- 16
St. Hyacinthe, Quebec #1- 18
St. Hyacinthe, Quebec #2- 15
St. Hyacinthe, Quebec #3- 18
Horseheads- 15
Langford- 12
Norwich- 14
Walton- 8
Greenwich #1- 23
Greenwich #2- 23
Fonda- 13
Schaghticoke #1- 21
Schaghticoke #2- 17
Chatham- 17
Rutland, VT- 16
Hebron, CT- 9

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT February 03, 2014 07:31AM
don't forget they went to the buck, bloomsburg. I think I no who you are talking about

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT February 03, 2014 04:28PM
please people nothing is set in stone nothing is official nytpa lot of talks yet !!!

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT February 03, 2014 08:16AM
When I look at the results, I see a tractor with quite a few second places trying to change the rules!!

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT February 03, 2014 04:25AM
Maybe for once one of the other classes will know how the 4WD class feels...no room to book them after the Big 3 take the spots...this will be interesting

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT February 11, 2014 12:20PM
well i think that the ny diesel superstocks should now be called the classic tractors . since they are all against any kind of progress and realy dont like competion.i see the little fat crybaby got his way

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT February 03, 2014 01:40AM
Looks like Hortons have a lot of work to do. Not only did they get beat by some alky supers, look at all the other diesels that put the beatdown on them. Better cut those guys back too.

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT February 03, 2014 07:37AM
I would like to know what result page you are looking at because looks to me their super ran strong last year. Also I didn't hear how your tractor finished last year. you didn't sign your name or even what your tractors name is. your name really isn't important but I would love to hear if you even go down the track. wake up buddy your dream is over

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT February 03, 2014 08:44AM
When I look at the results, I see a tractor that finished second quite a few times trying to change the rules!!

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT February 03, 2014 10:24AM
I must have missed who all those diesels were. Ha ha could you please post all those diesels that beat them. Put your facts were your keyboard is. Then explain how those tractors did it on a regular basis. The only ones I saw last summer was chain reaction and over ruled.

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT February 03, 2014 04:26PM
maybe Hortons should have gone to blackbournes, then none of this would be happening,i don't think Edson would have a problem beating uncle henry.and john bellafance buys gettons old junk did some work on it ,it runs great but just doesn't go down the track,until the diesels actually get running good this is all a waste of time. and which pulls are we going to try this at,the ones where henry shows up

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT February 04, 2014 01:23AM
sounds like ha ha switched to the ball bag name. look threw the posts if i am wrong how come ha ha hasn't replied. someone should tell earl about all this i know he doesn't do internet. i am sure he would laugh about all of these keyboard pullers with no tractor.

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT February 04, 2014 01:23AM
sounds like ha ha switched to the ball bag name. look threw the posts if i am wrong how come ha ha hasn't replied. someone should tell earl about all this i know he doesn't do internet. i am sure he would laugh about all of these keyboard pullers with no tractor.

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT February 15, 2014 02:34AM
reminds me of smokey and the bandit BUT DADDY BUT DADDY HENERY IS GETTING AWAY SHUT UP YOU DUMMY.

Re: NewYork DIESEL AND ALCOHOL CLASS SPLIT February 15, 2014 04:48AM
WOW. That was awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Re: NYTPA Split February 16, 2014 04:04AM
This is not an easy subject for the club to deal with.
These machines can be budget busters. Generally he who has the deepest pockets will dominate.
Henry & John Belfance have very capable Diesels that can win any given day.
Warren Buffett could even the playing field by donating $1mil to each team. It still comes down to competitors playing their best game, getting along with each other. Putting on the best show they can, for the FANS!
i would be glad to campaign a tractor. Just know I can not afford it!!
In times like these it is a wonder there are as many machines out there.
You need to pay to play! And it might be some wells are not as deep as they used to be?
I am fortunate enough to be able to turn wrenches on the Oliver and have had the experience in the past on Super Allis.
Enjoy being part of the sport. The only good answer is to keep spending money. Or blow smoke with the Super Farms?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009