How cold is it? January 28, 2014 12:18AM
I had -25 at 5 am when I got off work in Mt.Vernon,Ohio.

Re: How cold is it? January 28, 2014 12:51AM
Was that actual temp or wind chill?

Re: How cold is it? January 28, 2014 01:04AM
ACTUAL!!!Well according to the bank and the thermo in my truck.

Re: How cold is it? January 28, 2014 01:11AM
3 below in central Missouri. Actual mercury thermometer.

Re: How cold is it? January 28, 2014 02:11AM
-14 here in southeastern ohio. Not sure what the wind chill was.

Re: How cold is it? January 28, 2014 02:36AM
-24 in north central Wisconsin wind chill is in the -40 range

Re: How cold is it? January 28, 2014 02:39AM
had -20 this morning but no wind at least

Re: How cold is it? January 28, 2014 10:16AM
Showed -22deg in Barberton OH this morning. Zero wind. 5th wheel plates on trucks were frozen, went through 3 red airlines, fuel gelling up, washer fluid frozen in lines, grease in landing gear was basically solid, etc. I can feel for the ice road truckers.

Re: How cold is it? January 28, 2014 12:50PM
-23 east of Newark OHIO in Hanover OH Thats no wind chill Herd A person Had -29 in MT vernon OH at 5:29

Re: How cold is it? January 28, 2014 03:23PM
+22 in south Mississippi but 2 in.of ice and all interstates shut down .

Re: How cold is it? January 28, 2014 03:17PM
South Bend IN this AM at -13 raw temp, wind chill -31.
That is the sequence of the others I looked up on National Weather service data.
On Jan. 7, we were -13, - 40.

Hutchinson, MN has been blistered with nothing but a steady and a continuous bone chill recently!
Jan. 27 = - 15, -41. They were probably colder than this 3 weeks ago, also.

Googling Mt. Vernon, OH, the data is for Newark Heath Airport.
Jan. 28 = - 22 @ 7:54 AM was the coldest with the no report on Wind Chill for several hours.
Even though that is cold, you Mt. Vernonites and us South Benders look like we are in a warm spell with our fluctuating temps from night to day compared to Hutchinson.

Just checked on the Morgan's of the famed Pulloff.com reputation with the airport in Henry's backyard down there in the georgeous Genesee Valley at Dansville. They know how to live right. During the past 3 days, their coldest was this morning during sunrise at - 2 with the coldest wind chill of - 13 when the gauge worked intermittinly. But they have also had a heat wave up to 36 with light rain on Jan. 27.

Re: How cold is it? January 29, 2014 01:15PM
Check the facts for any U.S. location at
forecast.weather.gov
type in the city near upper left
and then scroll right and down some to "3 day history"
click on it and review the data.
Some of you are saying it is colder than what the recent data says.
Bottom line is, it is COLD!!! Think the overwintering bugs definitely should be dead by now.

Re: How cold is it? January 29, 2014 01:30PM
YOU must rember what it is in the town vs country 12 miles away ( same adress) wide open no pavement or houses side by side its alot colder

Re: How cold is it? January 29, 2014 02:28PM
"YOU", "buckeye buck" must remember that airports where the national weather service sets up their instruments are out in the countryside, subject to much more variability than, yes, living in town/city.

Re: How cold is it? February 04, 2014 10:32AM
Well, finally the snows coming! 10 to 14 tomorrow then a possible nor'easter on monday,then another on thursday..... Be careful what you wish for?

Re: How cold is it? February 04, 2014 12:19PM
Hey mad medicine, have you noticed your ponds getting lower in the middle?I went ice fishing on dads pond last week and it felt like the center was lower than the edge.I suppose the water in the pond keeps seeping down the water table.Not to far from you here in sw iowa.

Re: How cold is it? February 05, 2014 09:49AM
I don't think the waters seeping down, the fish are drinking it ! lol

Re: How cold is it? January 28, 2014 11:04PM
12 below, here in the mohawk valley of central New York,not as cold as last week, had 16 below, then.

Re: How cold is it? January 29, 2014 05:15AM
was -52 with wind chill at 8 am monday morning in New RIchmond wi, tuesday was -38 waiting for the heat wave........

Re: How cold is it? January 29, 2014 09:53AM
According to the national weather service Newark Ohio was the coldest place in the US including Alaska. The official temp at the weather station in Newark was -19 degrees. I seen colder down to -28 but that's not official for the weather service. Not something I want to be number one.

Re: How cold is it? January 29, 2014 11:32AM
-17 below @ 430 this moring hear in northern new england. Not as bad as few weeks ago. But this year we are getting all the shitty parts of winter and none of the good stuff,like snow. Wouldnt mind the cold if we had snow to enjoy. That damn ground hog better get spring here early!!!

Re: How cold is it? January 29, 2014 03:14PM
You can have that snow along with the cold like we have in northern WI. Here if its not snowing its well below zero im sick of this winter. Out of the 25 years of dairy farming this is the worst that i've seen.

Re: How cold is it? January 29, 2014 04:31PM
I grew up on a dairy farm. To quote Bill, I feel your pain.

Re: How cold is it? January 29, 2014 11:02PM
I hear that, Gman, cold here too, but no snow, only time we seem to get precipitation is when it warms up, then rains,gets cold again and we have ice, but no snow.

Re: How cold is it? January 30, 2014 08:54AM
Here in central Iowa we have only had a couple of 2 in. snows, its a lot drier than it was at this time last year. We are gonna need some rain this spring.

Re: How cold is it? January 30, 2014 10:40PM
at the beginning of winter we had a couple of decent snows, 6-8" maybe 8-10" but then one week it went to almost 60 degrees and rained and it all melted, now it's been cold but it hasn't snowed,warming up to the thirties this weekend, and they're calling for rain, go figure.

Re: How cold is it? February 06, 2014 01:18PM
here in central Illinois we have abut a foot of snow and -6 degrees

Re: How cold is it? February 06, 2014 01:56PM
Just cleaned off about ten inches of snow and we are back near zero again tonight.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,766, Posts: 229,932, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM