Outlaw USS January 28, 2014 03:06PM
Is it true that Mike Novinger's uss tractors were kicked out of the class because of the cube limits and overhead cam?

Re: Outlaw USS January 28, 2014 05:26PM
As far as I know (and I may be wrong feel free to correct) over head cams are allowed and the limit is 650 cubic inch, not sure of Mikes displacement but I know his Massey has a john deere block in it, so with the Outlaws that tractor to my knowledge is not allowed because the rules still state that the sheet metal must match the block manufacture but his John deere (dominator deere) should be legal assuming it's under 650 ci.

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 12:21AM
From a reliable source outlaws went to no overhead cams.

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 12:38AM
At the meeting in November they changed the USS class to a 504 ci push rod only for the motors. There numbers are pretty good currently and Mike only attended 1 event I believe and was not a paid voting member.

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 01:04AM
Numbers good? Depends on what you classify as good numbers. Mike Novinger is a great guy and what a bunch of crap! Maybe there's a reason he only pulled once...the tractors had mechanical problems last Summer and harvest had messed up most of June's pulling!

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 01:43AM
Novinger's rigs are a class act, maybe too much so for the Outlaws?

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 04:15AM
This is the one class that the pullers in the class let anything go as far as overhead cams, cubic inch because the class needed numbers and the class was about done with only 2 or 3 tractors in it just 4 years ago. The weight was higher back then and Cornhusker Deere got sold with big cubes and they lowered the weight to what NTPA has on their circuit at 6500 lbs. Then the Cockerham Moline has not pulled or joined Outlaws for a couple of years with the overhead cam and last year Novinger with bigger cubes and overhead cam pulled very little and did not join Outlaws either and has in the past left a 2 day Outlaw event and hooked the second day somewhere else. Now the class has good numbers and decided that fair competition rules would make it grow even more.

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 04:23AM
So the USS is really just the up to date LSS class??

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 05:19AM
First off, the class has no problem with Mike what so ever. When we had our class meeting at the banquet in November, we had voted to let Mike and other big cubed/overhead cam motors still pull in the class. It wasn't until later on in the day that we were notified that the board had voted out the big motors and over head cams in our class. Their reasoning was that the USS/LSS class had sufficient numbers without having an extra tractor or two in the class once in a blue moon. They figured that if our class was a 504 pushrod only class we would be more inviting to growth and other tractors around the country to come pull at our larger events.

Last year we did have some problems with numbers in the class at a few events due to mechanical failure by some fellow competitors. If memory serves me correctly, I believe we still averaged in-between five and six tractors per event. If everyone in the class is healthy we should have around eight to nine tractors at each event not including people like Elmer that show up from time-to-time. I can't guarantee anything but there should be a few new tractors (3?) in the class next year too. Last year PPL had nine consistent tractors at their champions tour events and NTPA had seven consistent tractors at their grand national events. Point being, I don't think the Outlaw USS/LSS class is doing that bad for a fairly new class around the midwest area. Most of the tractors in the LSS class are from the Wisconsin and Kentucky area.

Completely irrelevant but another thing about what all went on in the meeting. A couple years ago the Outlaws banned the use of air ride suspension on their pulling vehicles. At the meeting our class had voted to allow air ride in our class and were going to try and get it to be allowed in all component chassis classes. With the rides we sometimes take in the LSS class we thought it would help save our chassis. We also thought this would help pullers like Mike Wilhite, Bob Barbee, Larry Phillips, and etc. to come pull with us at times. However, the board members didn't go along with our proposed rule change.

Thanks,
Justin Hoffmann

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 05:46AM
That line of crap that Outlaws tells about the classes being run by the pullers is so much garbage....sounds good when you keep blowing your own horn but the truth is the board [1 guy] makes all the rules

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 06:10AM
The outlaw board is all pullers, hench the pullers make the rules.

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 04:59AM
Unlike Outlaws you can use diesel in both the LSS and Open-Unlimited SS classes on both NTPA and PPL. What Outlaws LSS class now is really a LLSS and I'm not sure if the LSS in Outlaws could beat some of the top LLSS that are running in other organizations

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 08:05AM
I have not see many if any diesels in either the NTPA or PPL LSS or Unlimited classes. Same with the Unlimited class with Outlaws you will see none, even though they can run in the class if they want to. On the other hand the Outlaw LSS class has both diesel and alcohol in the same class and plenty of both. I do not think any of the LLSS tractors with a single turbocharger at 360 alcohol or 470 diesel can run with most of the 504 multi turbocharger tractors in Outlaws. Like Hoffman said in a few years the Outlaw class has doubled and will be about the same numbers as NTPA and PPL, which it was a new class at PPL which has a bigger pool of tractors to draw from back east. NTPA on the other hand has had that class for years and is way down in numbers. Outlaws must be doing something right if the class has doubled while some associations are seeing a decline.

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 08:38AM
They have some light limited supers run with them time to time. There about fifty to one hundered feet behind the true light supers depending the track.

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 08:44AM
the question was CAN diesel hook with NTPA-PPL alcohol classes, YES they can

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 11:01AM
No, there usually aren't many diesels hooking in the NTPA or PPL Light Super Stock Classes. Yet, only a few years back Esdon Lehn just missed winning the Championship on a diesel. This past summer Joe Degenhardt had a very, very respectable 5th finish on a diesel in Tomah:
http://ntpapull.com/pullresults/2013-TomaWI-02-SSL-GN.htm

He backed it up with a 6th the next day:
http://ntpapull.com/pullresults/2013-TomaWI-05-SSL-GN.htm

There's a mindset that a diesel can't compete in the NTPA and PPL LSS class and yet "Diggin Hard" proved that it's still possible to beat some of the best alcohol tractors in the nation.

Back on topic... I think the Outlaws made a great decision to bring their class inline with PPL and NTPA. I think it will be much better for the class in the long-term. It's unfortunate that it leaves a few great tractors out of competition, but the class and the sport need to look long-term and look at what's good for the whole rather than what's good for a few individuals.

I also agree with the class on letting air-ride frontends in, I only hope the board will re-think their ban on them next year. With ski bars they are limited to 4" of travel and you can't really use the system to cheat effectively. If I was building a new tractor there is no doubt in my mind that it would have an air-ride front. I think the Outlaws have this class headed in the right direction.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 01:00PM
I don't believe that you can't compete but you better have extremely deep pockets to take a diesel and run the complete lss gn tour. Having talked to several that have spent a boat load of money to compete at the top level and they are now running alcohol. Maybe someone somewhere will step out and prove it can be done but even the king of smoke gave up on the effort.

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 01:08PM
correction
Unlike Outlaws you can use diesel in both the LSS and Open-Unlimited SS classes on both NTPA and PPL. What Outlaws LSS class now is really a LLSS and I'm not sure if the LSS in Outlaws could beat some of the top LLSS that are running in other organizations
im pretty sure "the weapon" and "haleys comet" would not have any trouble beating any llss in the whole country maybe even give em 50 feet

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 04:09AM
Then why didn't they rename it LSS?

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 04:22AM
Outlaws LSS class is ag rearend only and has both diesel and alcohol, where as the USS class is all alcohol and component with both classes having the same engine rules. Outlaws USS class is the same as NTPA and PPL Light super stock class. I think the Outlaw USS class name came from when it was like NTPA and PPL Unlimited super stock class when it was at the higher weight. All classes have limits, drawbar, weight, cubic inch, tire size, wheel base and on and on, even if they are named Unlimited Super Stock or Unlimited Modified.

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 05:13AM
That is such lame excuses! Mike hasn't dominated as much lately. Outlaws lost a good guy that has been around the sport for a long time! Shame on the Outlaws for that! Hope it bites you in the ass!

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 05:17AM
?
Then why didn't they rename it LSS?

Precisely....Its sure not a USS class..

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 05:43AM
Well like it or not , it is what it is !, I do enjoy the "limited" unlimited ss tractor the outlaws have to offer , did Novinger dominate ? No I don't think so I'm not a john deere guy but it was nice to see him out there more tractors is always better!

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 06:06AM
The pullers in the class had some good ideas that they voted in. The board on the other hand prefers to keep others out.

They can name the class what they want yes, but they have a LSS class not an Unlimited ss class, it's confusing to fans as well as pullers who may want to come from other parts of the country to pull.

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 10:26AM
It is not confusing to the pullers and more are likely to come as the rules are closer to NTPA and PPL. Remember what the Meese tractor did to the class with ATPA and at Louisville. It wasn't Meese,s fault, but ATPA's fault for grandfathering him in with the only overhead cam engine and it killed the class that really gave ATPA their start. After winning Louisville easily four times in a row they cancelled the class. Fair rules for everyone will win out in the long run.

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 05:49AM
they can call it whatever they want, its their club!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 11:23AM
It still makes NO sense to me to outlaw any tractor that adds excitement, numbers and FANS to the sport. So they have now outlawed both of MIke Novinger's tractors which are very popular, the Cokerham Moline which only pulls ocassionally due to mechanical issues and the John Deere from up north--can't remember his name. IF any of these tractor's had showed up and kicked everyone's butt time after time much like the Meese's did to everyone a few years ago you "might" have room to make some changes but to do so now really does not compute!!

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 11:51AM
Did ppl outlaw Mikes massey? I'm not trying to start any $hit. Just heard that. Just wondered if it was true or not?

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 03:32PM
He has never been able to run with PPL or NTPA in the LSS class as they have the same engine rules as Outlaws. He can run in their USS class against other overhead cams, 650 cubic inch V8 engines at the higher weight. He should have supported outlaws more, but now he is limited to run with the Nebraska Bush Pullers for a lot less money. That me be the only association left that allows that kind of setup at that light weight.

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 12:02PM
The outlaw bashers are going to blame outlaws no matter what. If he had come to all or most of the pulls and won you would be on here bashing outlaws because he won so you outlawed him. Now that he has not joined for two years and only came to 2 or 3 pulls that's not right either. If he had been a member and supported outlaws the pullers or board would have most likely looked at it differently. Novinger hooked quite a bit last year, just not with outlaws. I think PPL, Nebraska Bush Pullers was his first choice and then Outlaws was his third choice. He pulled at these the same weekend outlaws had a pull with his class and that is fine, His choice.

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 11:47AM
Wow are you guys that are complaining really that dumb? It is really good reading. I just don't understand how people get so dumb. Jake well said It's obvious you understand the long term. Rage on there dumb and dumber we need some more.

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 12:22PM
Dear Mr. Wow,

Thanks for adding such a brilliant dissertation and enlightening all of us "dumb" people just because we offered an opinion. To quote the bible for you "When a wise person debates with a fool, the fool rages and laughs, and there is no peace and quiet. Proverbs 29:9. You can continue to rage and laugh at your expense!!

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 12:38PM
I have to agree with lots of smoke! I just have one question. Vern is that you? Even a devil worshipper can not argue with that! lmao

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 03:13PM
One thing is certain. No matter what class it is, Outlaws do not like "outsiders" hooking and maybe winning some of that great purse money. Lots of smoke nice Bible quote.

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 03:38PM
My suggestion is to join Outlaws and play by the rules and then you would not be an outsider wanting to win that great purse money. My $.02 worth.

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 04:27PM
We can always count on Tony!

Re: Outlaw USS January 31, 2014 10:48AM
Their GRRRREAT!Tougue Out

Re: Outlaw USS January 29, 2014 10:59PM
That policy is only good over the course of one season. After a successful season as an outsider you will promptly be voted out by the board. Hard to play by rules that change to protect those on the inside....

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,959, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,042.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009