making manifolds February 02, 2014 09:55AM
Plan on making new intake and exhaust manifolds, It's for a LLSS alcohol with the turbo out front of the engine. Any one care to share there art work?

Re: making manifolds February 02, 2014 01:56PM
Here is a picture of my new exhaust header I am building. Almost finished.

Re: making manifolds February 03, 2014 02:28AM
I have heard you need to make all the exhaust tubes the same length. Is this true for Naturally Aspirated, Turbocharged, or blown motors? I dont think the same holds true for the induction side but you would want them close to the same length.

Re: making manifolds February 04, 2014 12:33PM
Looks good, I see log style on prosocks, what would be better? Header or log style exhaust?

Re: making manifolds February 09, 2014 05:05AM
Nobody else wants to show off there work?

Re: making manifolds February 05, 2014 12:04AM
What material are you using?

Re: making manifolds February 05, 2014 11:21AM
I had a log style manifold. I am changing my turbo placement and intake so I decided to build this. Not sure if it will make a difference but it's what I wanted to try.

It is made out of 304 stainless and used 308L filler rod to weld it. If it was for a Diesel engine I would use 321 stainless to stand up to the added heat. You can buy good stainless tube from Stainless Headers Inc.. They also have premade collectors or will make custom ones for you.

Re: making manifolds February 03, 2014 01:08PM
If you go to the photo gallery on this site you will find pics of Jason Hootmans old Six Shooter being built. On the last page of pics are the intake and exhaust he built for that tractor. He does them differently now. Look him up under Hootman Custom Tractors.

Re: making manifolds February 04, 2014 08:40AM
Check your inbox, I sent a Pm to you

Re: making manifolds February 09, 2014 02:16PM
5.9 cummins header

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,722, Posts: 229,850, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,976.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro