Turbo size February 03, 2014 05:41AM
If my current setup is producing the desired psi, is there any reason to move to larger chargers? Will they flow more air at the same psi? Thanks

Re: Turbo size February 03, 2014 05:51AM
A bigger charger would create less back pressure on exhaust therefore less EGT. But bigger is not ALWAYS better when it comes to turbo size.

Re: Turbo size February 03, 2014 06:04AM
there's a LOT that goes into that, but a bigger charger will definitely move more air. note though that it will be harder to light and keep lit. If you can't keep it spinning you will probably hurt yourself more than you'll help. changing turbos will send you back to the drawing board on tuning your motor.

Re: Turbo size February 03, 2014 06:17AM
If my current exhaust pressure is already less than my boost, will moving to bigger chargers seriously make lighting difficult?

Re: Turbo size February 03, 2014 03:37PM
You can sometimes change ex housing to get the pressures like you want

Re: Turbo size February 05, 2014 06:39AM
What is your current setup? Its hard to answer not knowing what you are starting with.

Like the person above me stated there are multiple exhaust housing for most turbine wheels. Then if you still can not get the right combination, there are multiple sized turbine wheels for most every turbo charger, making for several different combinations to best fit you engine.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,844, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,971.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro