Iowa St Fair March 12, 2009 06:42AM
DES MOINES - The line-up of Grandstand acts for the 2009 Iowa State Fair has just been released.

Here's a list of dates and ticket prices:

August 13: Steven Curtis Chapman and Jeremy Camp, 8 p.m., $27

August 14: Gary Allan w/special guest Chuck Wicks, 8 p.m., $32

August 15: Peter Frampton w/special guest Gin Blossoms, 8 p.m., $32

August 16: Big and Rich w/Cowboy Troy and special guest Candy Coburn, 8 p.m., $38

August 17: Bret Michaels (special guest to be announced), 8 p.m., $32

August 18: Deery Brothers Summer Series for Late Models, 5:30 p.m. Hot Laps, 6:00 p.m. Races, $15 adults, $5 children ages 6-11

August 19: Grand Outlaw National Tractor and Truck Pull sponsored by Iowa Farmer Today, 2 p.m., $20 Adults, $10 children ages 6-11

August 20: Shinedown (special guest to be announced), 8 p.m., $27

August 21: Brooks and Dunn with special guest Jamey Johnson, 8 p.m., $40

August 22: Demolition Derby, 10 a.m., $12 adults, $5 children ages 6-11

August 22: Kelly Clarkson (special guest to be announced), 8 p.m., $38

August 23: Journey with special guest Heart, 8 p.m., $45

Tickets for all concert and track events will go on sale Saturday, April 11 at 10 a.m. through all Ticketmaster outlets, online at ticketmaster.com or by phone at 1-800-745-3000

Re: Iowa St Fair March 12, 2009 11:49AM
Other than Big n Rich and Brooks n Dunn, looks like all the other music acts could be at the "free stage".

Re: Iowa St Fair March 13, 2009 02:55AM
Iowa state fair pull,used to be a top notch grand nat'l NTPA pull and it has now turned into a one afternoon not even prepare the track pull,is this progress

Re: Iowa St Fair March 13, 2009 03:14AM
Nebraska State Fair has fallen further yet IMO.

Re: Iowa St Fair March 13, 2009 04:35AM
Yep, and even with the move Grand Island unless the state fair board takes lessons from Iowa in a few years there wont be a state fair in Nebraska. I have pulled at the state fair with a state group and now because of poor choices they cut all the state groups.and just run outlaw. Dont get me wrong I am a Outlaw fan but the pull last year lasted about a hour for each session. When everyone got to go it was about a 3 hr show per session.

Re: Iowa St Fair March 13, 2009 05:34AM
ntpa suck and is a joke

Re: Iowa St Fair March 13, 2009 08:12AM
OH and how many years has outlaw pulling been on TV. broadcast nationally. none thats right

Re: Iowa St Fair March 13, 2009 08:16AM
Complain about Outlaw numbers? Go ahead get Region 3 down to Des Moines then you for sure would complain about numbers. They have a good show, leave it alone

Re: Iowa St Fair March 13, 2009 08:25AM
that would be RN 5

Re: Iowa St Fair March 13, 2009 08:37AM
It is amazing what you call a good show,was it the rubber burning off the tires,or the black marks on the track that you liked the best,a good show it was not.

Re: Iowa St Fair March 13, 2009 08:28AM
if the ntpa sucks so bad then why do most organizations use part or all of their safty rules. maybe thier payouts arnt as much but if you win the points in the ntpa i think its more of a prestigious thing than winning out law points just my opinion from a loyal fan.

Re: Iowa St Fair March 13, 2009 01:02PM
I'd say ppl is gaining on ntpa in the prestige dept, way ahead of where they were, when they were atpa. They have safety inspections and inspectors too! outlaws just gets stuck back aways because a few keyboard pullers harp on every little thing they hear from someone, who heard it from someone else, so it has to be true!

Re: Iowa St Fair March 13, 2009 07:38PM
Or they are right there watching it happen and PAYING attention.
JUst cuz you look at the world from your head stuck in the sand, and follow along with the other ignorants, don't mean the rest of us have to.
It is happening in the white house, AND with the outlaws.
Both with good ideas, but no concept of how to balance a check book, or use common sense.

Re: Iowa St Fair March 14, 2009 02:20AM
Isn’t ntpa going to put limits on there pro class to or didn’t that pass.
At least outlaws are not afraid of changes. In the prostock class the box turbo is not a small turbo. Some of the prostock tractor last year thought they gained power with the box turbo. I think that the box turbo makes that class more interesting because you’re not going to have the guy with biggest check book win all of the time.

Re: Iowa St Fair March 14, 2009 02:31AM
dirtslingin deere places well at cloverdale

Re: Iowa St Fair March 14, 2009 04:02AM
Congrats to David!!
But the DIDN'T use the "little" Outlaw turbo.
Guaranteed, cuz they don't even know what one it'll be yet, for sure,,,,,,,,
Speaking of the one with the biggest checkbook,,,,,,,,

ATTN: outlaw rules March 14, 2009 04:59AM
Forgot about the NTPA GN hooks in Troy MO and New Hampton IA + the RN5 hooks at West liberty, Monticello, Dubuque, and Waverly. Outlaw doesn't have all the hooks in there own territory. just to let you know

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,737, Posts: 229,873, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,986.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM