llss ih build February 06, 2014 07:11AM
if I wanted to build a ih llss to run bob what would it cost roughly,and how much much hp u think it have? I ask for the purpose of seeing the great answers u gave the deere guy. ive tinkered with building one of these for two yrs but my dad says it way to expensive. we run a rd ih in mod antique and this aint cheap either,but if I could sell it id build a llss. just hoping for some good sound advice and good quality info ,while in house bored to death thanks lee blandford

Re: llss ih build February 06, 2014 07:49AM
The cost will depend greatly on how much of the work you do yourself and how much others do for you. It is very easy to get $40K into an LLSS with you doing the fabrication and wrench work.

Re: llss ih build February 06, 2014 09:30AM
With good parts in it you better have 50 to 60 laying around to get a sniff at the top of the pack

Re: llss ih build February 06, 2014 11:14AM
well a little to steep right now id say then,boy at 16 n needin a ride id say that's a bucket lister. I seen hot farms advertised some clubs for 15 -25 k how well would they compete? seems their either a dud or a bargain?

Re: llss ih build February 06, 2014 01:32PM
If your not one to think you have got to have custom sheet metal .data loggers .puller 2000 tires ,And a JMS custum built engine you will be fine start building

Re: llss ih build February 07, 2014 03:43AM
Hillbily harvester has it right, just keep the budget in mined you don't need all the hi dollar parts. Tractor pulling is for fun, not the money.

Re: llss ih build February 06, 2014 03:39PM
Well depends on alky an diesel but all together between 20-50k for fun or to be competive depends a lot but we are in the building of one right now an at the end of all of it a diesel an competive around 45-55k

Re: llss ih build February 06, 2014 01:34PM
You could put together a decent light one for 20k. I've done it. Just a fun running. You can always upgrade down the road.

Re: llss ih build February 06, 2014 02:49PM
first things first, diesel or alky?
alky; pick up a cheap 5.9 and put it in a 656/686 put on a hx 60 and buy a cheap hilborn pump and a cheap set of tires on steel rims use the stock head and valvetrain and have some fun [needle that rearend] counterweight the crank and use hardened stock rods. youll need to make an intake for that head
diesel; pick up a cheap 466 use the 656/686 rear. use same turbo tires rims ect as above and put some money in a good pump. harden the rods and get a decent set of pistons there are plenty of good stock manifold choices so use whateve is cheapest to start out.
you should be able to buy almost everything here if you do some searching.

Re: llss ih build February 06, 2014 05:04PM
if you are going to build an ih just use the dt360 engine

Re: llss ih build February 07, 2014 01:27AM
if you have a 470cid limit the 466 is by far cheaper and more power than the 360.

Re: llss ih build February 07, 2014 07:58AM
thanks i like good info and i would do most myself and id be less than thrilled with it half butted ,but not top of line either. id like to get one sooner or later maybe another yr or two LEE B

Re: llss ih build February 07, 2014 09:21AM
Start building, don't wait till you have all the money, it will never happen, and it will take twice as long as you think. Start getting parts you can find a deal on.

Re: llss ih build March 07, 2014 12:06PM
If you are still wanting something for BOB, I will sell you mine. The price will be less than 30 thousand. It has never pulled and just likes a little paint work at this moment. It has an 806 engine converted to alcohol, hx60 turbo, airies pistons, vogel cam, roller rockers, all new atlas gear package, 4 disk clutch, all sfi too much to mention. Call 270 566 2901. I am only married to my wife and I have already been through a couple of them. LOL Cash talks and the bull walks.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,778, Posts: 229,950, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009