Massey Ferguson Pro Stock February 07, 2014 08:10AM
Does anybody know if the Massey Ferguson pro stock tractor named "Trailblazer" is still pulling, they used to show up at ITPA hooks but I haven't seen them in a long time. That is awesome looking pro stock, thanks for any input.

Re: Massey Ferguson Pro Stock February 07, 2014 08:13AM
They are on Facebook and still hooking by the looks of it?

[www.facebook.com]

Re: Massey Ferguson Pro Stock February 07, 2014 08:15AM
Thanks I will have to check them out on facebook!!!

Re: Massey Ferguson Pro Stock February 07, 2014 08:47AM
the tractor was at Monroe wi last September and made a very nice pass. I think took second place

Re: Massey Ferguson Pro Stock February 07, 2014 10:30AM
It will be in Louisville next week. Pulls Friday night so it may be in broadbent Thursday and Friday.

Re: Massey Ferguson Pro Stock February 09, 2014 08:35PM
That was the first time I'd seen the tractor, that pass was one of my favorites of the year. At the line the driver dumped the clutch, the tractor pretty muched jumped off the ground. The track wasn't hooking well later in the day and the tractor was just screaming down the track, thought it was gonna blow, but it held up. Hope to see it again next summer at a BSTP event.

Re: Massey Ferguson Pro Stock February 07, 2014 02:08PM
Seen it run a few times over past few years and They seem to have trouble keeping it together. Does anyone know why? Maybe they need a new mechanic, cope never seems to have any problems running.

Re: Massey Ferguson Pro Stock February 07, 2014 02:13PM
Look back over the years at Cope's, he has been pulling that same tractor for a long time, and it just became competitive and reliable in the last couple of years. I would say it just takes time to get the bugs worked out when you are doing something different than everyone else.

Re: Massey Ferguson Pro Stock February 07, 2014 03:41PM
Pretty sure Luke Miller tunes Danny Kuhns Trailblazer.The tractor maybe doesn't quite run with Warpath, but it isn't far behind. From what I've seen and heard Millers set ups are pretty impressive. Just like MF Fan says Carlton didn't get his tractor where it's at overnight. I think a few years back Warpath shot the rods out on the starting line in Louisville almost before the clutch engaged. I've got to compliment anyone trying to run something different in this class. Both Masseys have came along way from where they were a few years back. It's real advantage to be able to buy your performance at the store like the red and Green tractors can. Don't want to beat a dead horse but these Massey guys did it themselves and should be proud. One other thing I've noticed about Carlton's driving style when the tractor is about to spin out he backs out of the throttle easy and doesn't let it scream as it spins out-smart driver.

Re: Massey Ferguson Pro Stock February 07, 2014 03:46PM
Just posted on their Facebook page

Re: Massey Ferguson Pro Stock February 08, 2014 12:58AM
Im pretty sure they have made some changes lately like new bamber cylinder heads

Re: Massey Ferguson Pro Stock February 08, 2014 09:02AM
They have some great photos of the Massey on their facebook page, I hope they make some ITPA hooks this year especially Waterloo, IL.

Re: Massey Ferguson Pro Stock February 08, 2014 01:09AM
Another real strong off color pro stock is Hoyt's Nut Case from Pa.. Kris has stayed with the case block and has done a real good job with it. He will tell you it's hard to keep a case block together at 680cu. Won the USA East Smoker series this year.

Re: Massey Ferguson Pro Stock February 08, 2014 10:58AM
Your reading my mind.I was thinking the same thing.The Hoyts have had dependable tractors for 30+ yrs.

Re: Massey Ferguson Pro Stock February 09, 2014 07:25AM
jd43
Another real strong off color pro stock is Hoyt's Nut Case from Pa.. Kris has stayed with the case block and has done a real good job with it. He will tell you it's hard to keep a case block together at 680cu. Won the USA East Smoker series this year.

Is he running an aftermarket block ? Thanks.

Re: Massey Ferguson Pro Stock February 08, 2014 03:04PM
Kuhns once again pulled at the Sandlwich, IL Grand National in 2013. Placed 6th and 15th in a tough class of 26.
Check out their pulling form on my website at DaveDannPhotos.com
Sandwich, IL 2013

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009