9000lb modified farm and 11,500 Too Hot To Farm rules update for SW WI February 07, 2014 02:24PM
A few of us promotors sat down the other night and hashed out some rules for the 9000 modified farm class and some updates for the Too Hot To Farm class for the 2014 upcomming season.
These rules will be inplace at events such as Cuba City, Potosi, Lancaster, Platteville, Etc..

Modified Farm Pulling Rules
9,000 lbs. And 3,000 RPM Max

1. 3000 RPM Max. RPM pickup required with lead wire installed externally upon the frame of the tractor. Lead wire must be without breaks or connections between pick up and 3 pin connector. 3 pin connector need to be mounted on the rear of the tractor at an easily accessible location.
2. Safety Equipment-
• Wheelie bars to be securely mounted to the rear of the tractor
• Tie bars - recommended
• Safety blanket or Clutch housing scatter Shield
• Steel flywheel - recommended, but not required
• Dead man throttle - recommended, but not required
• Air shut off located at the back of the tractor
• Must have fenders
• Roll bar or roll cage highly recommended, but not required
• Cross bolts mounted in exhaust pipe – 2, 3/8 grade 8 bolts
3. Stock OEM manifolds
4. Charger limited to one
5. Cubic inch limited to 540 cubic inch with factory components
6. Limited to an A pump except if the application comes stock with P pump
7. Tire size limited to 18.4 – 38. No Altered tires allowed
8. May run a OEM intercooler - no ice box
9. 11-14MPH pace. This class will have a pace drawn from a hat by the first puller of the class. All speeds will be used before speeds are returned to the hat. Example – If at the Cuba City pull the first puller draws 12MPH the class will be 12MPH. The next pull the first puller of the class will choose a speed from the hat from 11, 13, or 14MPH. If the puller chooses 14MPH the third pull using these rules will allow the first puller of the class to choose from the hat containing the speeds 11 or 13MPH.
9a.If the promoting location chooses to have a second too hot to farm class; the promoter may choose to use another speed from the hat or a speed of their choice if any.
10. Weight limit will be 9,000 lbs.
11. Drivers must be at least 14 years of age with driving certificate and parental consent
12. May use water injection and water only.
13. Diesel fuel only
14. All other general tractor pulling rules and common sense apply.

2014 Southwest Wisconsin Too hot to Farm Tractor Pulling Rules
All rules must be met upon the first pull of the 2014 pulling year or will not be allowed to participate.

1.3000 RPM Max. RPM pickup required with lead wire installed externally upon the frame of the tractor. Lead wire must be without breaks or connections between pick up and 3 pin connector. 3 pin connector need to be mounted on the rear of the tractor at an easily accessible location.

2.15-18MPH pace. This class will have a pace drawn from a hat by the first puller of the class. All speeds will be used before speeds are returned to the hat. Example – If at the Cuba City pull the first puller draws 16MPH the class will be 16MPH. The next pull the first puller of the class will choose a speed from the hat from 15,17, or 18MPH. If the puller chooses 18MPH the third pull using these rules will allow the first puller of the class to choose from the hat containing the speeds 15 or 17MPH.
2a.If the promoting location chooses to have a second too hot to farm class; the promoter may choose to use another speed from the hat or a speed of their choice if any.

3.11,500# will be the weight of the class at all locations
3a.If the promoting location chooses to have a second too hot to farm class; and wants a different weight they may choose +/- 500# of the original 11,500# class. Example the second class could be 11,000# or 12,000#.

4.Tires will be limited to 20.8R38 or 18.4R42 tires. No Altered tires will be allowed

5.Intercoolers will be allowed, but only using an OEM manifold and running engine fluids. NO ICE BOXES! Example- if an IH chooses to install an intercooler off a DT bus engine or equivalent that was an IH part number this will be allowed but no aftermarket intercoolers or headers.

6.Water injection is allowed using water only. Location and number of nozzles for injection is not restricted

7.Must have clutch housing safety blanket or Scatter shield! Steel Flywheel recommended!

8.Must have Kill switch / Air shut off located out the rear of the tractor

9.Cross bolts mounted in exhaust pipe. 2 - 3/8” grade 8 bolts making a crossing pattern mounted within 1” of each other. The closer to the exhaust wheel of the turbo the better.

10.Engine size will be limited to 540ci with factory components(head/block/etc)

11.Wheelie bars to be securely mounted to the rear of the tractor

12.Only one fuel is permitted.

13. Tie Bars and roll bar are recommended but not required

14.Drivers must be at leased 14 years of age with tractor driving certificate and parental consent.

15.All other general tractor pulling rules apply

2014 changes include rules or parts of rules #s – 4,7,8,10,&13!

Questions or concerns can be directed to myself or one of my fellow promoters.
Thanks Brian Mueller
608-732-0653

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2014 02:15PM by Mueller.

To the top so hopefully all have seen this! February 11, 2014 03:36AM
Just bumping this up so hopefully everyone sees this.

Re: 9000lb modified farm and 11,500 Too Hot To Farm rules update for SW WI February 11, 2014 08:20AM
What about the already 541+ cube tractors already pulling from last year? I know of at least two for sure!

Re: 9000lb modified farm and 11,500 Too Hot To Farm rules update for SW WI February 11, 2014 08:42AM
grandfathered?

Re: 9000lb modified farm and 11,500 Too Hot To Farm rules update for SW WI February 11, 2014 08:50AM
I heard that they would be grandfathered in and don't know why someone would want to start pulling if the rules are only for some.
Why would someone want to pull against 619 BBJD 570ci IH when the rule says 540ci. Why have a cube rule if you are going to allow some to run big cube?

Re: 9000lb modified farm and 11,500 Too Hot To Farm rules update for SW WI February 11, 2014 12:22PM
almost all of the too hot to farm will be out. that's what I like about watching pulling around here. as long as them or their buddy is winning we leave well enough alone, but now we have new tractors that kick ass, lets change the rules after these guys just dumped their bank account into building a competitive tractor for the class. Good thing it wasn't me, I would beat some ass.

Re: 9000lb modified farm and 11,500 Too Hot To Farm rules update for SW WI February 11, 2014 12:32PM
More rules that don't get enforced. Play favorites for some. Why just you run and hope you brought enough? That is real tractor pullin!!!!

Re: 9000lb modified farm and 11,500 Too Hot To Farm rules update for SW WI February 11, 2014 01:18PM
I pull too hot to farm and nothing really affected me besides being short of cubes so I don't know who will be "out" as you say

Re: 9000lb modified farm and 11,500 Too Hot To Farm rules update for SW WI February 12, 2014 05:51AM
The idea of a 540 limit was to prevent big cube engines from being built and pushing out the little guys. 540 was used because of the v8 masseys in the area.

As for too hot to farm the 540+ tractors have been discussed and we only truely see one consistantly. In which he did not dominate the class The 5020 has been told that he is grandfathered under the terms of not making changes to his machine. The 6030 doesn't compete at our events due to installing a 3speed with too high of gears.

Brian Mueller
(608)732-0653

Thank you for any input you've made and a special thank you to the guys that can actually have a account or post thier names.

Re: 9000lb modified farm and 11,500 Too Hot To Farm rules update for SW WI February 12, 2014 07:25AM
Cummins repowerd,WFE ( MM and Oly's), in or out?,

Re: 9000lb modified farm and 11,500 Too Hot To Farm rules update for SW WI February 11, 2014 02:15PM
Are they gonna check cubes at the first pull or whenever a new tractor shows up?

Re: 9000lb modified farm and 11,500 Too Hot To Farm rules update for SW WI February 11, 2014 02:32PM
There is a big difference between pulling in a class and trying to pull in a class

Re: 9000lb modified farm and 11,500 Too Hot To Farm rules update for SW WI February 12, 2014 01:34AM
Sorry to change the subject on this but what would be a good gear on an international to be able to run the 12 and 13 mph? i know hi second works really good for a 10mph but for a 12 mph its kinda slow and if you go to high 3rd low side of torque it will still run 14.6 mph and i'm not turning enough rpm's to keep it lit when the pan drops. do yall get a different gear cut and put it in first gear slot, if so what ratio do you use?

Re: 9000lb modified farm and 11,500 Too Hot To Farm rules update for SW WI February 12, 2014 02:26AM
U can get a 2.5 gear but i think u would b btr off spending ur $ on more hp

Re: 9000lb modified farm and 11,500 Too Hot To Farm rules update for SW WI February 12, 2014 04:07AM
I thought the pace was enforced to even up the field and it did a decent job- now you should have a 466 and under class and over 466 and let them run- sounds like a waste to build 540 engines and split gears to pull pace-

Re: 9000lb modified farm and 11,500 Too Hot To Farm rules update for SW WI February 12, 2014 10:23AM
I feel as a spectator that the new cubic inch rule for the 2hot class is a mistake and it starts to move the class in the wrong direction. I would rather see the pace slowed down down a mph or 2 if the pulling distances are spread out too much. Cubic inch rules are never enforced the same on all competitors no matter who runs the event. I always thought that it was more of a run what you brung class and that what made it stand out from the rest and special. On a typical year i attend around 20 or more pulls and this class has become one of my favorites to watch and i enjoy it more then watching bstp 466 or 640 because they have mostly the same winners event after event. In 2hot the winner circle is changed up almost every night when the pace changes. Thank you for allowing to voice my opinion as a fan!

Re: 9000lb modified farm and 11,500 Too Hot To Farm rules update for SW WI February 18, 2014 06:54AM
I think the cubic inch limit wont change much, really more to stop p pump 619s being built, I'm sure if a an oly with a 636 shows up they would let it pull. And don't cus these guys out for favoring there friends, I just was on vacation with one of the rule makers that ruled my 10 year old face cut tires out. if this class were to start over I would make the rules IH Deere AC 466, Case 504, Ford 474, Massey Oliver MM 640. Not sure what I would do with the big blocks, but imho I love pulling and BSing with Ronny and am more than happy he is grandfathered in. I would like to run against Kamps at 18 mph before I die but I doubt we will see that happen. I'm Real puller and Friend of all. Feel free to call I Just had a herniated disc surgery and am on the couch for a week if you wanna talk pulling. Wyatt Blackford 319 721 7225

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,797, Posts: 230,004, Members: 3,341.
This forum: Topics: 37,104, Posts: 226,075.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009