fastest ring gear for a case February 09, 2014 12:16AM
does any one know the rear end ratio Ive been told the 30 series are faster 1030 being the fastest

Re: fastest ring gear for a case February 09, 2014 12:38AM
It depends. There are three different combinations. All have the same ring gear they just changed the pinion tooth count. 4.8 tooth ring gear with either a 9, 10 or 11 count pinion. I don't know how to identify that in serial tag or anything other than pull apart and counting.

Now a question for everyone, along the same lines. Does anyone know the spur/bull gear ratio? I don't have my rear and trans apart yet so while it's cold and snowy I am trying to figure some ratios myself. I am starting to work with a 401 chassis.

Re: fastest ring gear for a case February 09, 2014 01:41AM
I am no case man so I am not sure about the accuracy of this info but I will tell you what I know. I did some work for a guy where we were mixing and matching some gears from a 730 and putting them in a 400. The gears were very similar if not identical so these 2 tractors are quite similar. I also made him a couple new gears. I believe the bull pinions have 15 teeth and the bull gear has 70 teeth. The ring and pinion was 9 and 48 teeth.

Re: fastest ring gear for a case February 09, 2014 10:09AM
Thanks for those numbers for the bullgear.

Re: fastest ring gear for a case February 10, 2014 01:00AM
Are you saying case used same ring gear and all you have to do is change the pinion shaft?
If that is right how do they do that? would not the diameter be different on the pinion gear with less teeth?
I am confused. Not the first time.

Re: fastest ring gear for a case February 10, 2014 01:33AM
That is how I understand it. I have spoken with a couple of different Case guys via Yesterday's tractors and did some part checking and that is what I came up with. I am assuming one of two things that I have not confirmed with any of the usual experts. One that there may be a different carriers or adjustments that would move the ring gear into or away from the pinion centerline or they are shimmed.

As I said, I haven't had mine apart yet to confirm or received any info from the experts. I am still doing quite a bit of research. If I get info from anyone or have an AHA moment. I will pass it on.

Re: fastest ring gear for a case February 09, 2014 01:40AM
I think the 1175 is really fast.

Re: fastest ring gear for a case February 09, 2014 02:10AM
70 series is 4.67 & i was always told 30 series was the same, Jr Machine's comments confirm that ratio. the 9 tooth pinion/48 tooth ring gear setup is definately the most common in the 30 series & was the only ratio used it the 70 series(as far as i know). 1175 used a 3.42 ring & pinion, a 2.31 side gear ratio & the planetaries were 4.18.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009