Heavy duty rocker shaft/system for SBJD February 10, 2014 05:15AM
I am looking for a set of heavy duty rocker arm hold downs for a SBJD. I need a heavier shaft and some type of support that keeps the shaft from flexing. They do not need to be roller rockers and I am able to supply the rockers if need be. I am also able to run a plastic valve cover to add clearance for the apparatus. They would be installed on a 404 CI running 3500 rpms. I am having trouble with breaking the stock hold downs and having the end rockers work their way off the shaft. Who would be the best builder to get in touch with? Also, I do not want to break the bank with the purchase. Looking to keep the cost under $1000. Thanks for the help.

Re: Heavy duty rocker shaft/system for SBJD February 10, 2014 05:54AM
Riverside(REI) has the items youre looking for. his number is in builders section. The heavy hold downs you just use 3 stock cast ones and ditch the 2 aluminum ones.

Re: Heavy duty rocker shaft/system for SBJD February 10, 2014 06:34AM
VGM Has what your looking for with a billet bridge call Bryce 641-799-4452

Re: Heavy duty rocker shaft/system for SBJD February 10, 2014 07:08AM
Here is a set that I made. I don't have any more right now but I could make you some. These really support the shaft and go out past the end rockers so they can't fall off.

Re: Heavy duty rocker shaft/system for SBJD February 10, 2014 09:34AM
J&R what your number looking for set to fit the big rocker arm shaft

Re: Heavy duty rocker shaft/system for SBJD February 10, 2014 11:05AM
Look up Murphys motor service, he has that setup in stock.

Re: Heavy duty rocker shaft/system for SBJD December 27, 2016 12:06PM
The original shafts were longer. The ones Deere sells now are too short for the outer clamp to grab. Could build some stubs to press in the shaft. Or does any one sell a longer, and maybe stronger shaft? Thanks

Re: Heavy duty rocker shaft/system for SBJD February 10, 2014 11:39AM
I would recommend J&R machine. Nice guy and good service.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,762, Posts: 229,923, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,094, Posts: 226,019.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM