diesel fuel lubrication March 13, 2009 04:14AM
I have stuck a few plungers in my p-pump and wondering if there was a good lubricant for the fuel. I have tried lucas, standadyne, and hydralic fluid. I have heard of people using tranny oil. Is there a tranny oil that works best?? Type atf, type f, atf plus?? Any other suggestions. Thanks for the time and help and thanks for the ad space!!!

Re: diesel fuel lubrication March 13, 2009 04:38AM
biodiesel at 5% is better than any commercial product according to several tests

Re: diesel fuel lubrication March 13, 2009 05:09AM
might also check all of your pressure settings,have heard of some pressures that are to high that might cause the plungers to stick. Make sure that everything is big enough to handle your fuel load( lines, injectors)

Re: diesel fuel lubrication March 13, 2009 06:37AM
Try Cenpeco diesel additive, we use it in our pickups and i run it in my limited diesel seems to work ok

Re: diesel fuel lubrication March 13, 2009 07:16AM
some use 2 cycle oil . who builds your pumps

Re: diesel fuel lubrication March 13, 2009 08:05AM
Schied Diesel Service

Re: diesel fuel lubrication March 13, 2009 09:27AM
we have also stuck plungers on pumps that scheid built. do not like the way they do their plumgers,they do not have a luberication groove in them. I will not run their pumps, but they have verry good injectors.

Re: diesel fuel lubrication March 13, 2009 12:56PM
How much 2 cycle oil do you use per gallon? Do you use synthetic or regular? Thanks

Re: diesel fuel lubrication March 13, 2009 03:33PM
we dont use it have not had problems since changed companys. i have been told a small bottle to 5 gallon. call columbus or fair valley performance

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009