Diesel Super Stock class February 12, 2014 01:03PM
You can see why the Diesel Super Stock class is going downhill in numbers. Out of 16 tractors in Louisville in the first round only 8 out of the 16 didn't break and 6 didn't make it past 200 feet. In the pull off the only tractor that ran won and 1 couldn't make it to the sled.

Re: Diesel Super Stock class February 12, 2014 01:06PM
And Region 3 and 5 are gaining numbers with more new tractors being built.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: Diesel Super Stock class February 12, 2014 01:07PM
then go ahead and build one and show us how its done.

Re: Diesel Super Stock class February 12, 2014 01:13PM
He just built a new one last year smart ass!

Re: Diesel Super Stock class February 12, 2014 01:16PM
Wasn't talking about AV was talking to the other guy that thinks its so easy to keep a DSS running and compete

Re: Diesel Super Stock class February 12, 2014 01:19PM
Ahh gotcha sir my apologies!

Re: Diesel Super Stock class February 12, 2014 01:15PM
I was looking at the results and was confused. 6 in the pulloff and the winner wins by 34 feet?? four were over 200 feet but resurrected redneck blows them away?? that doesn't happen with these modern day sleds normally..

Re: Diesel Super Stock class February 12, 2014 01:37PM
I have no idea on the conditions of Schaendorfs or Blagraves, but on a 245' track if you bounce or have to hit any brake 10-20' could get chopped pretty fast.

And coming back sometimes motor setups react differently to the heat.

Is that the case here I have no idea, but on a short track things get exaggerated really quick if things arent perfect.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: Diesel Super Stock class February 12, 2014 01:51PM
I run a diesel super it is more challenging than you know. Until you do it for yourself you have no idea. Back when I ran one 3 in turbo I thought it was easy too. Then I jumped in. WOW what an education I got. Spark plug tractors you can over rev them and pull them down to tight, if the fuel is set right you don't hurt them. A diesel if you over rev it,it breaks and if you pull it down to far it makes parts. Get a bad track then your just %$cked. I just remind myself every pass that if I break something major, REAL TRACTORS DON"T HAVE SPARK PLUGS !! It is a lot harder than it looks. Please do not slam these guys they are the best in the business or else they would not be at the NFMS. Esdon makes it look easy but he has 30 plus years experience. That would be why they call him THE KING OF SMOKE!!!!

Re: Diesel Super Stock class February 13, 2014 02:00AM
They made that class look stupid. Parked tractors in crooked. And then you had to drive into and almost through the sand pile to qualify. No reason to wreck everything before the finals. And then Ross's tractor got the red light and spun it through the sand pile into the baracade. Nothing against them but that was a little too far. One thing to coast into it another to not let off. It seemed like the sled got changed in the pull off. But they didnt restart the class. One of my favorite classes to watch. Don't know if the track bites that much more or if everyone runs that much better. Bet Von wishes he had another weight in for the start of the class.

Re: Diesel Super Stock class February 13, 2014 04:22AM
Truthfully I thought the sandpile was susposed to be a backup but at all of the indoor pulls a Full Pull anymore is half way up it. Personally I think we need to go back to that way of thinking. These guys spend way too much money to put it in the sand and miss the pulloff by inches. But that's just my opinions.

Keith Ford Photography
[www.facebook.com]
keithfordphotography.zenfolio.com

Re: Diesel Super Stock class February 13, 2014 02:33AM
Hey diesel man, check your history books. I'm pretty sure there were spark plugs in the first "real" tractors. JD-D, F-20, hart-parr, ect.
Oh and by the way, real SUPERSTOCK pullers dont bitch about what fuel/ignition system beat them! They go back to the shop and build a way to beat whoever is best in that class and not take the chickensh!t route and pull Diesel only!!!! Its SUPERSTOCK for cryin out loud! Grow a set!!!

Re: Diesel Super Stock class February 13, 2014 02:42AM
You think ross dont know what he's doing? sieferts were flagged and ended up short of the pulloff. I think if it were me and i have prepared this long for one night i would make damn sure I get into the pulloff! Blame the organizer of the event for making a pulloff at 245 which is in the sand, no reason for these tractors hitting the sand!

Re: Diesel Super Stock class February 13, 2014 02:49AM
I was not bitching about anything. I was pointing out they are the best there is our they would not be their. As I said it is not easy. I like diesel tractors some do not. Don't be so uptight.

Re: Diesel Super Stock class February 13, 2014 09:34AM
Sieferts did get flagged and he was into the sand but they were not letting him in. But the king had issues and loaded up. So he is in for the finals. At Louisville you go by their rules and how they want it to go. Not fare but its the way it has always been. Ross's are great ppl. Its just that you shouldn't have to drive all the way through the sand plie to get into the finals. Full pull should be before the pile. Everyone likes to see them park it in the beach. But getting up to it and having to drive through it are two different things.

Re: Diesel Super Stock class February 13, 2014 11:00AM
I would agree through the sand and spinning the tractor out with the weights on the baracades didn't impress me. I also thought not making Sieferts pass a full pull wasn't their finest decision. Our seats are in 308 so I don't think I'll ever get run over but the last thing I want to see is a tractor wedged under that platform beyond the sand pile. What was with all the smoke after the mods pulled? They aren't our cup of tea so we go out for a refreshment and when we came back in you couldn't see the other side of the building. It never cleared any during the rest of the show.

Re: Diesel Super Stock class February 13, 2014 11:40AM
The guy in the sand pile needs a reality check,, dumb way to end a good run, ignorant jackass

Re: Diesel Super Stock class February 16, 2014 04:29AM
They had the sled set a lot better for the finals. The last jump from the sled when the weight box topped out sure broke some drive lines. One major power track! They even parked all the tractors up to the sled without having them point at the side line. Lot better and much safer show! Congratulations to becks on their win!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,785, Posts: 229,971, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,049.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009