Deere Traxx February 13, 2014 12:05PM
What happened to Deere Traxx tonight? Was in the lead at 248, well into the sand pile and not on the leader board anymore. I never heard any dq announcement.

Re: Deere Traxx February 13, 2014 12:08PM
Was told he was disqualified for not obeying the red flag.

Re: Deere Traxx February 13, 2014 12:31PM
What a joke isn't that what ur suppose to do there seen pics of weds night tractor in sand did they get dq

Re: Deere Traxx February 13, 2014 12:38PM
That was bs!

Re: Deere Traxx February 13, 2014 12:43PM
Anyone have a video how soon did they throw flag u can't just stop on a dime

Re: Deere Traxx February 13, 2014 01:08PM
Congrats to greg and russ! Hit the pile, thats why its there!

Re: Deere Traxx February 13, 2014 02:06PM
Deck dq'ed also?

Re: Deere Traxx February 13, 2014 02:09PM
I see Deck's "One Bad Apple" got a DQ, any reason for that one?

Re: Deere Traxx February 14, 2014 12:46AM
Why not deal with the wristband issue separate from the puller? If that is how they do business what would keep some one from going to a puller they want to loose and offering to take their helmet directing the tow vehicle ect. Thus getting that puller DQ ed.

Re: Deere Traxx February 13, 2014 02:21PM
After seeing how renegade Deere was done on we'd nite, was red flaged and was just short of pull off by letting out. I wouldn't have let out either . Russ had a great run that's just bs .

Re: Deere Traxx February 13, 2014 03:28PM
He got kicked out because a friend volunteered to help get the front end fixed. Problem was he came out of the stands and didn't have the arm band. Heard that's y

Re: Deere Traxx February 13, 2014 04:12PM
And that's never happend before? I bet it was Chad and if I know him he would have bent somebody to help Russ and TRAXX. That guy in the red jump suit is lucky them TN boys are nice cause they don't play. DEERE TRAXX IS A WINNER and top notch crew and family. They have worked hard and would help any puller in need. This needs to be a lesson to all pullers that Louisville is just a who you are pull case there have been many times when a supper or pro broke people come out of the woodwork to help. Russ you the man keep your head up and just keep kicking that a$@!

Re: Deere Traxx February 13, 2014 04:14PM
total horse sh-t That pull is way too political and the officials are way too full of themselves . I heard they had a big skirmish outside over this. I mean really full pull was 245 and he goes 248. You can Bet if they flagged him and he shut it down and did not make 245 they would not have given him a full pull

Re: Deere Traxx February 13, 2014 11:29PM
dang and I was even wearing my deere traxx shirt and I don't do that lightly, Jeremy if u need a little help let me know.

Re: Deere Traxx February 13, 2014 04:11PM
Here's the deal guys.... The fire was started when Russ stuck it deep into the sand pile @ the NFMS (every tractor puller's dream). Fuel was added to the fire when myself & another crew member made a mad dash to the end of the track to see how bad the damage was & what it was going to take to fix. If the DQ was indeed caused by my presence, I'm a big boy & take full responsibility since I was only doing what any friend would do in that situation. However, I volunteered myself & for the official to get anal retintive towards Russ was uncalled for. There is not one person who would EVER turn down a chance to bury a tractor in the sandpile in freedom hall if the chance arose. There needs to be a clearly marked Full Pull line. But that doesn't excuse the fact that I acted un appropriately & that the official acted like a jerk. But at the end of the day, we are all still friends who can learn & laugh @ our mistakes.

Cody Adgent

Re: Deere Traxx February 13, 2014 04:18PM
I agree with Cody full pull should be 10' before the sand pile Period

Re: Deere Traxx February 13, 2014 04:29PM
If everyone just wants to hit the sand pile why even bring a sled to the event? Seems like a lot of front ends have been busted to hell over the years just to make the crowd happy.

Re: Deere Traxx February 13, 2014 04:44PM
As a bystander at home watching and listening to the pull, seems that the sled operator isn't doing the best job of setting it. Maybe time for a change? Some really good sleds and operators in Jefferson City MO.

Re: Deere Traxx February 13, 2014 04:55PM
I don't blame Russ for burying that son-of-a-bitch in the sandpile--especially with the pick-a-distance policy of the Farm Show crew. It's more about the show, than it is the competition.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Deere Traxx February 13, 2014 04:55PM
They would not like that. He sets the sled for HP and a driver. Not race tractors. He also sets a sled for the puller. Two passes at max per night.

Re: Deere Traxx February 13, 2014 05:00PM
They don't have all these problems at Gordyville. I know Klint is a busy guy but I bet he would help out if asked.

Re: Deere Traxx February 14, 2014 04:20AM
Another thing to think about,if you disagree or say anything to any official or anyone in charge at l-ville about a B.S. call,you more than likely won't get to come back.

Re: Deere Traxx February 13, 2014 11:23PM
the settings last night were actually fine. freeze would have been one of three in a pulloff. sounds perfect to me. that was really an uninformed comment. either way back in the good Ole days remember when they did put a chalk line down for a full pull? the farm show crew has gotten away from safety and common sense by telling bauer to leave it loose so a little extra excitement can be created. you know pulling is going backwards when safety and common sense are sacrificed.

Re: Deere Traxx February 14, 2014 12:34AM
The sled settings last night were perfect.

People are complaining that it's unsafe, and then they are complaining that he shouldn't have been DQed. He was DQed because he didn't obey the Flagman and it was a safety concern that was specifically addressed in the drivers meeting. Scott Doty does an excellent job flagging the finishline and I think they made the correct call throwing the flag when he did. Hopefully this will let pullers know that they are cracking down on deep sand runs. I think the guys without wristbands made the situation worse and it was just a perfect storm and it made the decision easier for the committee. I was a tough choice but it was the right call.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customerā€™s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Deere Traxx February 14, 2014 03:26AM
I have to disagree with youon one count Jake. After I watched David Seifert not make the pulloff the night before after being flagged,if you get the red flag and still have momentum you should be in no mater what your distance is. I suppose I can see a driver wanting to get a little deeper just to be sure. It does seem that that may not have been the reason for the DQ but who knows for sure.

S'no Farmer

Re: Deere Traxx February 14, 2014 04:06PM
Sieferts were flagged on their first run but not the second. On the run after the reset they spun out and weren't going any further. I'm very happy that they made it into the finals since they had to run twice but it wasn't a flagging issue that stopped them at 0.04' short of the fullpull line. It's a shame Esdon broke but I'm glad to see another Deere in the finals.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customerā€™s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Deere Traxx February 14, 2014 01:08AM
Anyone who thinks it was the right call is a dink and this leaves another black eye for the sport! Biggest b.s. I ever heard. Morgan if u think it was the right call t hen why do they have to hit th sand to make a full pull. That seems like the bigger problem to me! Right call was made, what an arrogant thing to say!

Re: Deere Traxx February 13, 2014 11:18PM
I been around since traxx first came to tennessee,I use 2 never miss a pull but work and other things pulled me away. As I sit here and think about all the conversations Russ and I had about stick n the sled in the sand pile at freedom hall this makes me sick, almost to tears. I debated go n to Louisville this year but opted for bowling green ohio instead. Mr official that screwed someone near and dear 2 my heart let me say it's good I wasn't there cause I'm not as civil as the ones that are there. I would have gladly made bail after i beat on u for a few mins.
JEREMY KEELE

Re: Deere Traxx February 14, 2014 01:21AM
First, how can a pull be operated, especially inside with a sand pile at the end, without a clearly defined full pull line. Otherwise, it is mayhem along with a lot of unneeded and uncalled for BS of all sorts, that has been so clearly demonstrated the past two nights and past few years.

If Doty was the one that got anal with Freeze, then something absoulutely huge happened for Doty to even say anything. I have worked with him for decades. He is so quiet, humble, modest and super fair in the assessment of the pull and thus the ruling along with being a great sportsman.

I also know Freeze a little bit, who is a very good guy, too.
So does that mean Adgent and his buddy really 'rocked the boat' in more ways than one for this confrontation between Doty and Freeze? Or was it some other official that got onto Freeze? It was good that Adgent had the guts to come on here and sign his name.

Sounds like this prestigious glorified brush pull has gotten to the point of needing to be boycotted by the pullers not even sending in any applications.

Re: Deere Traxx February 14, 2014 01:39AM
One thing for sure, people are passionate about pulling! Indoor pulls are tough because of the short tracks. There's a fine line between safety and excitement. Take it from a puller, its a heckuva rush to get in the sand pile.

Re: Deere Traxx February 14, 2014 02:11AM
He was not dq'ed for the sandpile he was dq'ed for two people coming on the track to help. straight from the horses mouth

Re: Deere Traxx February 14, 2014 01:39AM
Until a full pull distance is established the flagman CAN NOT flag you until forward motion has stopped!!! There should be a full pull line marked and established prior to the start of class. Then the flagman could red flag you when you pass the full pull line. The indoor sand piles started out at as a safety feature and now they are used to enhance the show at most indoor pulls. Red flagging people so they can coast into the sand is a dangerous game to play and will often be unfair. After Red Rock and Deere Traxx pulled that far the class should have started over to establish a safe full pull distance.-- Andy Evans

Re: Deere Traxx February 14, 2014 01:47AM
If you watch the video below at around the 8 second mark you can see how they used to have a chalk line for the front of the sled to cross that meant full pull. That left the tractor a few feet short of the sandpile and in my opinion made and would make the puller and flagman's job a lot easier.

video: [youtu.be]

Re: Deere Traxx February 14, 2014 04:10AM
That should be set before the first tractor hooks. The diesel super class ran about 4 tractors on Wednesday before they set the full pull distance. Sieferts was at 244.96 when they finally decided on 245, what a bunch of bs! Then Esdon is heading over top of the sandpile, they shut him down and he barely made it in. I wouldn't think it is very hard to measure the footage you are working with before a tractor would even hook and establish a distance with some safety footage for some safety at the end. A 240 foot full pull mark would have been a pretty good spot.

Re: Deere Traxx February 14, 2014 04:56AM
Why does the tractors at Gordy seem to stay on top the sand verse's the Farm Show's
drive thru pile for most tractors?. I wasn't there,no dog in the race,but I think Sieferts
run was red flagged too soon and missed the full pull group. I'm just going by info I have
read or heard. I do NOT believe every puller wants to be deep in the sand as someone
said in this message thread. I can see maybe a first time NFMS puller testing the sand
out, but is the chance of a engine getting sand sucked in just isn't worth the crowds drunkin
cheers..
. Just my opinion, but I think the full pull mark should be pre determined at say 230 to 235
feet and if the puller wants to show boat, let him play in the sand. Also I think the flagman
should be able to over ride the measurement if the puller was flagged too soon or let off the
throttle a split of a second too soon. Most anyone who has been around this sport can
tell if the vehicle is headed for a full pull or going to snuff it out 5 foot short. OK I have rambled
on too long and my opinion doesn't matter anyways. Randy.

Re: Deere Traxx February 14, 2014 04:15PM
Randy,The sand pile at Gordyville is actually dirt from what I've heard. I agree that Seifert was flagged so he should have been in regardless of his distance.

S'no Farmer

Re: Deere Traxx February 14, 2014 04:25PM
I spoke with tons of people in the pits today and not one thought he was flagged on his second pass. Now I know that eyewitness accounts are only 67% accurate so it will be interesting to see a video of this run to see what really happened vs. what we all "remember". (If somebody took video on their phone of the second run please post it here or put a link to it)

Thankfully David didn't have to make three passes to get in the finals, but I'm sure he would rather made it in a different way.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Deere Traxx February 15, 2014 04:11AM
Jake, I must have missed something,I'm thinking about the first pass I must have missed the second. My bad on that sorry about the confusion.

S'no Farmer

Re: Deere Traxx February 14, 2014 01:52AM
Anyone stop to think that the sand pile deal could be a mandate from someone above a person in red coveralls? Potential...and I repeat this...potential damage to the facility and liability issues are what could make or break this event. Fair board members, who ultimately say if this event is conducted or not, are going to be sticklers on those things.

In the end, issue was addressed before the pull, and the circumstances caused the final outcome. Having said that, I can't say as though I would have done anything different if I were in the shoes of ANYONE who was in this situation. If I said I wouldn't have buried tractor in sand pile, or jumped on track to assist, or do my job and enforce rules that are clearly outlined, Id be lying . Humans being human.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Deere Traxx February 14, 2014 02:05AM
I agree Bryan that is probably from the higher ups on the food chain and the flagman is left holding the bag.. They want a great show by tractors landing in the sand but yet not hurting anyone or the facilities. That is a very very very fine line and you can't have the best of both worlds!!!! If a safe full pull mark was established prior to the start of the class all this BS would be eliminated. The very best of the best tractors would still find some sand to make the management and crowd happy. Andy Evans

Re: Deere Traxx February 14, 2014 03:05AM
As an earlier post said, If I dont like a tractor, owner, or driver, all I have to do is jump out on the track to get them DQ'ed? Well now isnt that something to think about.

Re: Deere Traxx February 14, 2014 04:58AM
Bryan, no one has questioned why the sand pile is there. That is not the issue. But to think that today's quarter million dollar machines must have to leap upon and possibly or likely, cause damage to the vehicle and or engine(s) is absolutely insane and ludricrous. Just for the sake of winning!? What a horrible way to have to win a pull nowadays.
Adgent and buddy, I assume, apparently did not have wrist bands. If so, they deserved getting hollered at. Adgent should know better. After all, it is only logical that the wounded tractor has to get picked off the sand pile first and secondly towed out of the facility according to the established Louisville rules of how they move the pulling vehicles around the limited space. Once the tractor is back to Broadbent, then everyone, including Adgent and buddy, can go see and assess the damage.

I really feel sorry for Russ Freeze to have to have this crap happen to him!

Re: Deere Traxx February 14, 2014 08:37AM
I agree, Cody knew better & if you read his post, me manned up & accepted that fact. Knowing all of those guys, it's amazing how they are always willing to help each other & their fellow pullers at anytime. It is very obvious that their only concern was getting the tractor fixed so they could finish the job. That is the only reason Whitt wasn't at the dentist office this morning after he showed his A$$. Heck, ask the fat guy who took those Tennessee boy's seats last year if you don't believe me! The whole NFMS committee has become very arrogant over the years & it is time for the guys who drag these high dollar machines to their show in the middle of the winter to stand up to their Mickey Mouse antics. Just remember that this just happens to be the only brush pull going on this weekend, it isn't the Super Bowl. The way they talk down to the pullers who make their show is unacceptable at any level.

Re: Deere Traxx February 15, 2014 12:44AM
Agree very rude place to be. All pullers should boycott them next year

Re: Deere Traxx February 14, 2014 05:56PM
if it was me I would have went right into the pliƩ of sand and not had to think twice on it. form being at the farm show twice and talking to other people down there it looks like u they favor some tracotrs more then others. if your cooght cheating after the pull then y the hell did they insect it b4 the pull. and for the guys that want to help him maybe they should hand out more wriest bands for the or let you have extra crew come down on a deal like that. seen more the one guy with the tractor on the floor b4 too. id say russ had the longest pull there for he won the class. if its going to get to be hit the pile to win it the set that damn sled to stop then at 240 and the next one at 239.11 that makes for good show I think but hey what do I know.

Re: Deere Traxx February 15, 2014 12:23PM
It would had been nice to hear the announcer say " ladies & gentlemen, Russ Freeze & the Deer Trax has been disqualified for pulling too far & having too many friends".

Re: Deere Traxx February 15, 2014 06:23PM
[www.youtube.com]

Re: Deere Traxx February 17, 2014 08:32AM
I wasn't going to comment but I must respond to Close listeners comment. It would have been very considerent of the pull committee to allowed the announcers to make comment to the DQ so that everyone would have had some ideal as to what happened but instead went home wondering what the hell happened (I know everyone where we sit was wondering what the real story was), but no the pull committee is so polictical that it instructed the announcers to not say anything concerning the incident. I'm assuming that is also the reason there was nothing said concerning the incident with the Mod 4x4 hitting the wall. What Close listener said would have been nice for the announcers to have been able to say and it is so true but I'm sure there were plenty of things said behind the scenes to arrive at the final decision.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009