N carolina area tractor pulling February 15, 2014 01:39AM
Hey everyone, the family and I have been thinking of moving to N carolina. It has come down to the wire for us to decide. Whats down there for tractor pulling ? I have a white 2-70 iam putting together with a cummins swap for the light classes. I asked this question on another forum and only came up with antique clubs. I have searched around online and not found much. We were thinking of moving somewhere between or around charolette--greensboro areas. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks !

Re: N carolina area tractor pulling February 15, 2014 02:48AM
Try straight diesel they have hot farm and super farm classes.. Light classes are hard to find down here....Also Carolina truck and tractor pullers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2014 02:54AM by turbo460.

Re: N carolina area tractor pulling February 15, 2014 04:33AM
Yea it doesnt look good for me lol I dont want to haul my white across country if there are no classes to pull in.

Re: N carolina area tractor pulling February 15, 2014 04:34AM
Sorry double post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2014 04:35AM by MikeR.

Re: N carolina area tractor pulling February 15, 2014 10:35AM
A lot of M`s with 5.9 cummins may be a little tough to compete with them? Not sure how light you can get your White...Seems like 7000 is the lightest I have seen any type of hot farm class.

Re: N carolina area tractor pulling February 15, 2014 11:21AM
look at UPOC at TPULL.com

Re: N carolina area tractor pulling February 15, 2014 12:12PM
7000 would work if they have it down there. I have a 8.3 cummins and have been setting it up for that. Depending on tire size I should be able to make 5500 or so with a 5.9 and 6000 or so with the 8.3. Even if I have to change to a 5.9 to make rules iam sure I can get it to give the farmalls a good run.I have no idea what the tracks are like down there. Maybe you can get away with a 20.8. I seen you pmed me your number turbo460. I will give you a call tomorrow.

I checked out the tpull website earlier and actually emailed them to see what classes they run and also ordered a ntpa rule book because I am not real familiar with all of there classes.

Re: N carolina area tractor pulling February 16, 2014 07:05AM
UPOC is NTPA. You probably need to look at Carolina Truck and Tractor pullers or CATPA.

Re: N carolina area tractor pulling February 16, 2014 12:32PM
Thank you. I checked out there site. Looks like they run a 7500lb hot farm which may work for me. Are there many brush pulls down there in the nc-sc area ?

Re: N carolina area tractor pulling February 16, 2014 03:26PM
Mike R, thanks for the interest in NC pulling. I'm a founder of Carolina Truck & Tractor Pullers, as far as tractor classes, right now the only 2 that are running regularly are the 10,500 Hot Farm & the Super Farm/Light Pro Stock classes. We do have the 7500 Light Hot Farm class in our rulebook but very rarely have much intrest from promoters for the class because of the low numbers. CTTP runs in western NC, Southwest VA, & Northwest SC, which if you are looking at the Greensboro area is right in the neighborhood. For the type of tractor you described above, Carolina Antique Tractor Pullers Assoc. would be your best shot, but they run mainly in eastern NC. If you would like to discuss your tractor & classes more in-depth, please don't hesitate to give me a call, I will try to point you in the right direction. (919) 548-4667

Re: N carolina area tractor pulling February 17, 2014 10:59AM
Well the long and short of it looks like I need to get a bigger rearend so I can run some of the heavier classes. Thank you for the reply Logan. I just didnt want to bother hauling this rearend down if there is no place to pull it with the combination I want to run. Hopefully I will be seeing you at one of your pulls real soon !

Mike Reed

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009