Where does the NFMS $$ Go? February 16, 2014 02:06PM
Could someone shed a little light on where the profit from the NFMS goes? Charity? Escrow? Someone's Pocketbook? I've spent my share at that place over the years & I'd just like to know who benifits from it.

Re: Where does the NFMS $$ Go? February 16, 2014 02:18PM
The Commonwealth of Kentucky through the Kentucky Fair and Expo Center "owns" the event and the NFMS pull committee is hired on their behalf to produce the show. Revenue (ticket sales, that $4.25 Coke that cost less than $.25 to produce, etc.) goes into the state coffers. Hope that clarifies things.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Where does the NFMS $$ Go? February 16, 2014 02:27PM
I always find it amusing when Butch brings up the Tampico pull that is solely funded by food sales while I'm sitting in a (tightly squeezed) seat that cost me $45 and watching more people walking the steps with drink caddy's of beer than tractors down the track.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Where does the NFMS $$ Go? February 16, 2014 02:22PM
The pull is own by the state of Kentucky. It's not owned by the committee, it's not owned by Syngenta. It's not owned by any individual. It is wholly own by the State and operated by the Kentucky State Fair board.

Your money goes to the State. Plain and simple.

I hope this helps clarify and end any confusion.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2014 04:20PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Where does the NFMS $$ Go? February 16, 2014 02:29PM
Thanks for the info Jake & Bryan, you want to comment on the rumor that the state is bidding out the show for 2015?

Re: Where does the NFMS $$ Go? February 17, 2014 05:48AM
as in the pull committee won't be in charge of it unless they win the bid?

Re: Where does the NFMS $$ Go? February 17, 2014 02:59PM
Jake and Bryan are bring quiet on this.

Re: Where does the NFMS $$ Go? February 17, 2014 03:38PM
I can't comment on a rumor that I've never heard before. Honestly I'm not really sure what you mean... I'm not really sure what part of the pull they would be bidding out.

Sorry I'm not much help on this one, if you have any more details please feel free to share them here.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Where does the NFMS $$ Go? February 18, 2014 04:05AM
First Ive heard on it too, I did some news research on the deal and nothing turned up except for some monies coming into the KEC general fund to compensate for lost revenue to the Yum Center. A search of "Kentucky Fair Board Meeting Minutes" also came up dry, as that's where you would see any changes being discussed. I am as interested as anyone in any changes to the pull thats for sure.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Where does the NFMS $$ Go? February 18, 2014 11:36AM
if the pull goes to bid how do we get the minis in?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009