Safety at the Farm Show Pull February 17, 2014 02:15PM
If safety is the real issue what about the mod on saturday night that started in reverse? Was there anything said or done about a real safty issue that could have been a bad outcome of a rule that there is no discussion needed? There is no need to know who it was but that is a real problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2014 06:41AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Safety at the Farm Show Pull February 17, 2014 03:38PM
yep i saw it first hand it started in gear and he pulled and no dq.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2014 03:40PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Safety at the Farm Show Pull February 17, 2014 03:44PM
I split this thread off because it seemed like a different topic than the original one.

I didn't see it happen but an incident like that would seem like a serious safety concern to me. Those are the things we need closer tech inspection on before someone gets run over. A DQ would have been justified to me. Thanks for bringing it to everyone attention.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Safety at the Farm Show Pull February 18, 2014 04:42AM
Everyone is saying about safety and the committee not making the right decisions........how about the finals for the modified class??? did anyone see top gun fire his tractor up in the staging area and it was in reverse and slammed into the bleachers behind him where people were sitting???? that is a huge safety matter. as pullers we are preached to about safety and having neutral safety switches....where was the ol mighty committee on the super teching????? I was very disappointed. a super farm plowing through a sand pile to a jersey wall is the least of my worries rather than a high powered modified backing over top of me.

Re: Safety at the Farm Show Pull February 18, 2014 04:49AM
Im pretty sure everyone seen that mess up. It was bad enough everyone in the stand let out a big sigh! I was wondering the same thing. No neutral switch? How did that pass tech? Why wasn't something said about that? That was way worse in my opinion than the sand show.

Re: Safety at the Farm Show Pull February 18, 2014 05:12AM
In reguards to checking the reverse switches....I can tell you that when they tecked our tractors...we had to put the tractor in R and make sure that we had our light. Then bump the starter (it should not have worked) then put the tractor in N and bump the starter (it should work)....If I was a betting person...that is how it was done in all the classes......however any thing that moves, can fail

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2014 06:42AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Safety at the Farm Show Pull February 18, 2014 06:56AM
I was right behind him when that happened and thank god I was watching and didn't have my leg hanging out or it would have crushed it. In defense of nfms they did have the seats and railing in place on the bleachers between me and the mod. No body was hurt but it could have been bad. I am alive and not hurt and it is a pretty cool nfms story to tell. My brother in the row in front of me was taking video and the whole bleachers shook. Ill see if I can post the video.

Re: Safety at the Farm Show Pull February 18, 2014 12:04PM
Curious to know. If he had backed into one of his fellow competitors tractors how the context of this subject change . No one was hurt luckily.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009