Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 03:54AM
The pull started and hour late at 8.30 and ran until 3:20. That's 6 hours and 50 min or 410 minutes of pulling, with 135 hooks ran and 38 hooks postponed until this morning. But 173 hooks were planned, 2 tracks equaling roughly 86 hooks per track.

Even if you ran 86 hooks on each tracks averaging 4 minutes a hook on both tracks (which is fast) and started at 7:30, the pull wasn't even planned to get over until just short of 1:30 am.

135 hooks were ran and it took 410 min. Over 6 minutes a hook, which I don't think is bad I can live with that if I am watching. I just might not watch until 2:30 am.

What is an appropriate time to expect spectators to stay and watch? 3,4,5 hours? What is a realistic min/hook # to shoot for? Cause if you know your goal is to be done in 4 hours and are shooting for 4 min/hook then you also know you can only schedule 60 hooks per track.

It seems the pull would have been a good one to see but there was no room for any hiccups. And it still wasn't going to get over until 1:30am if started at 7:30 pm shooting for 4 min/hook going into the night. It seems to me that going into last nights session there is no way this was going to be done before 2 am if started on time with the hooks they had sheduled.

Pro Stocks and LSS, 2 of the greatest classes we have today, were both pulling after midnight and until 3:20 am.

This is not to knock Klint and the job he's doing because I am still wishing I could have went, but just trying to break down the numbers and understand the thought processes promoting a pull like this.

On a side note the night session ran late because they averaged 5.87 min/hook , 148 hooks scheduled, 74 / track roughly, 435 minutes in the afternoon session. It started at 12:15 pm and ended at 7:30. Alot of pulling yesterday, 12:15pm - 3:20 am. No one can say they got short changed on the ticket prices for the amount of hooks you got to see.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2009 04:14AM by AV.

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 04:07AM
I can't remember how fast Outlaws rips them off outdoors (easier to do fast), but isn't it like 2 min/hook? I know Doug has said before, but I can't remember what it was.
Hard to work around that fast indoors. 4 min/hook sounds reasonable.
Sometimes takes a SF that long to get backed up to the sled!!

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 04:12AM
I am not knocking the pull, but it seems to me that that is just entirely too many vehicles for one session, I mean if you had a family you would never have lasted that long in the stands. It would be awesome to see that many vehicles, but lets be realistic, comfortably 3 and a half to 4 hours is about as long as you would be comfortable sitting at one time. If you didn't want to reduce the number of classes then just reduce the number to 12 for each class, then take the top six to move on to the finals.

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 04:27AM
Time was the worst issue of the evening and a little smokey, but there were some top notch pulling equipment there. I really wanted to see The Bomb knock off Edson in the LSS. Not knocking Lehn, it just would have been neat to see.

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 01:17PM
There were many issues with this event. To start, there were WAY to many pulling vehicles. You could not even see the arena from the street because of all the haulers. Some of the pullers were unloading in the parking lots of the gas stations and hotels on US231. That was a long hike to the track. Second, spectator parking was a joke. The muddy field was treacherous do to ruts and washouts. I recommend people bring a 4 wheel drive next time, your gonna need it. Third,the evening show started late. Were they really thinking they would get all classes from the afternoon show done on time. Even if things went flawless anyone could see that was not possible. With this being an invitational event it was possible to control the amount of pullers. We drove 5 hours to see the evening show. When we arrived at the spectator parking I could see it was going to be a nightmare. It reminded me of Gordyville the first year. I parked in a muddy cornfield for that event. Same thing as here, too many pullers and spectators for the facility. I have not been back to Gordyville since. I thought this new facility was the best thing since Christ walked on water. I was wrong, yet another facility that could not handle this event. If you are going to hold an event of this size then have it at an appropriate facility, for example, back at Freedom Hall or Fort Wayne. There is adequate facilities for everyone at those arenas. Ample parking for pullers and spectators, in blacktop parking lots, as well as indoor pit areas. I will never go to another Whats Smokin show again and I am a former puller myself. It is obvious that somebody didn't have their head on straight for this show. Very disappointed. I didn't even stay for the night show. The announcer said they would be pulling until midnight. You could see it would be at least 2:00AM and I see it was after 3AM and everyone still had not run.

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 07:08PM
Whatssmokin is trying to make everyone happy. Give him a break. Otherwise, go put on your own pull. And if you can't do that, then do us all a favor and shut up.

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 07:22PM
Wow, a guy can't voice his opinion? Did you go?

To: hey now March 15, 2009 08:32AM
How is postponing the last two classes till the next afternoon trying to help the people (like me) that were already there, and can't make it back to the next day to finish watching what they paid $25 bucks to see.
PLEASE explain this to me, I can't figure it out

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 15, 2009 01:22PM
Dear Keyboard Puller,
Wish you worked for the government, we wouldn't have any problems!!
Yes, there were problems at Cloverdale and they were all ready trying to figure out how to fix them when you got there!!! I am just glad someone had enough sand to front the money and time for an undertaking of this size. Yes you drove there and bouoght a ticket, but you didn't make the commitment of wheather it would work or not!! There are a lot of areas in which it can improve and yes there was too much show, but do we leave your friend or neighbor out of the show or mine? You need to remember an old Indian proverb, let me not judge another brave until I haave walked a
mile in his mocassons!!! The only person who doesn't make a mistake is the guy who isn't doing anything!!! And finally the good book says, let he
that is free of sin cast the first stone!!! and to you Mr. 1175,I can only assume you are aformer puller, because you were getting beat and no one could please you then either! Well I won't need a secrat code name, I am the announcer who can't pronouce your name , town or state, don't know anything, and should let your buddy do it. Bulldog Art Downs

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 15, 2009 03:37PM
Thanks to all you announcers, you did a great job.. hope you get some sleep now.. Smiling

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 04:37AM
Fastest I have seen is at Hinton in 2008. Was supposed to be 2 sleds 2 tracks, ended up with 1 sled, and they had to make do. 3 min 30 secs/hook and was done before midnight with 80+ hooks. That's probably a number I wouldn't use to plan a pull, that's very fast and no hiccups.

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 06:28AM
The issues were alot of things.. first the pit area is nice on the inside with the staging, there is no truck parking to speak of around the building, and the spectator parking was just horrendous!! We walk out of the arena at about 3:15.. and then had to stumble in the DARK to our cars, and try to make it out of the rutted, muddy field. I have been to alot of Klint's pulls, by far this one was one of the worst with the back up, and the parking, and all of the other little problems.. We came especially to see the Pro Stock class, and we ended up missing most of it, cause we were just plain tired.. We drove all day to get there, and then had to wait forever for it to start, and they still didn't finish all the classes last night, were starting at 10 am today.. as of right now it is 2:17 pm.. and we haven't even left our motel to head to the afternoon session, which we have tickets for.... Yes there is a ton of iron here, but if you are gonna call it an Invitational then invite a set amount per class and be done with it. I'm a pull fan just like everyone else, but come on, how long do you expect us to wait...?? I understand this is the first pull here, but its not Klint and the crews first pulls to promote.. by now I think we should at least know how long it should take.

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 07:15AM
i think that two grading tractors for two tracks and one roller is shorting things a bit they had to do alot of waiting for the track crew wich isnt the track crews falt they did an excellent job they were just over worked, sitting in the stands it seemed like we were waiting forever to see pullers come down the track. and not bashing trucks but listening to them pull all day and night in that arena was horrible, the ceiling is to low to listen to them all day in my opinion. lots of great iron though.

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 08:33AM
your right about the trucks, you only need one class worth to go to the restroom, get drinks and something to eat. Hope you get to see the smokers so you can feel that you got your moneys worth.

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 08:57AM
7810, us truck guys could say the same thing about the tractors,

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 09:21AM
The thing that I didnt like the most was the 4x4 trucks would start in the pit and drive to line up by the sled.Everyone of them would do there mexican tune-up deal adding alot of fumes.I also worry about one sticking wide open and running over people.A few years ago that happen in Missouri and after that for a few years someone would walk behind holding the kill rope.Seemed like a good ideal,dont know why they quit that.

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 09:42AM
4x4 if you say that the tractors are so loud that they give you a headace you must have sensitive ears, and therefore i dont see how you could listen to the trucks. i dont see the whole crowd holding their ears when the tractors drive by. i just think that they should have all of the trucks during the same sessions on bothe tracks for people who want to see trucks and then have all the tractors at the same time thats it, that way you dont have to sit there all day long and listen to the trucks just so you can watch the tractor classes is all, if it were outdoors it wouldnt be an issue. i like to watch trucks just as much as anyone else but in a arena like that is just a little much having them all day and night. sorry if i offended you.

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 09:56AM
I think 4x4 was meaning that he he could say the same about tractors in that he has to sit through them to watch the trucks. I like whe one track is trucks and the other is tractors. I don't like class of over 25 fwd espcially super stock fwd or whaatever they are called.

Jesse Post
JP Pulling Productions

JP
 FacebookJP Youtube

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 11:39AM
oh i got ya, i see what you are saying, that is why i think that they should do all of the trucks one day and then do all of the tractors at a differant time, maybee do the trucks during the afternoon sessions or thusday night or something, so that way everyone can go and watch what they actually want to see if you know what i mean.

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 11:48AM
I don't like that idea. I wish they would have pulled twds then minis then fwd last night on the truck side. THen pros, ltss, limited pros and sf on the tractor side. I like the GN classes. With superfarm and fwds being my least favorite. But some people like different thigs so you can never please everyone.

Jesse Post
JP Pulling Productions

JP
 FacebookJP Youtube

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 11:55AM
Thats Right Jesse and 7810,

It's not that I don't like the tractor classes but we have the same complaint that you have about the trucks, there are too many classes that look identical, and the fans can't tell the difference in a Limited Pro and a SF, and all the same tractors just come back and add weight or drop weight and run 3 and 4 times in the same night. I totally agree there are too many truck classes also, have one PS4WD, one MOD 4x4, one MOD 2WD, etc. I just think these classes have gotten out of hand....

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 02:34PM
I think that the best for all would have an all pickup show (and all types of trucks) and then have an normal (like gordyville show) pull so it wouldn't hurt both types of fans! It would be interesting to see which pull would gross more $.

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 03:03PM
From a promoters prospective it makes more dollars to have both at the same show.

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 03:24PM
Jesse Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think 4x4 was meaning that he he could say the
> same about tractors in that he has to sit through
> them to watch the trucks. I like whe one track is
> trucks and the other is tractors. I don't like
> class of over 25 fwd espcially super stock fwd or
> whaatever they are called.

Hmm, SS4wd did not have "over 25". Thursday night 470 SS4wd had 20 and Friday 530 SS4wd had 24. Funny u gripe about the trucks, but it was the number of tractor classes and number of tractors in each class that caused the sessions to go for so long.

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 03:30PM
Bob, if they would have towed us and provided us a place to warm our motors, I don't think any truck driver would have complained. We are no different than the tractor guys, we didn't want to put a cold motor under load either.

What I found interesting was the tractor drivers and crew didn't mind leaning all over our trucks and scratching our paint, but sure don't like it when someone leans up against their rigs.

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 04:10PM
As far as fumes go thursday night was going good until the alcohol tractors started up. Well I take the back the diesel trucks driving to the sled and driving off the track put a lot of diesel in there also. Everyone has there own likes and dislikes. I hate diesel smell and you hate the wonderful sound of a engine turning 8000 rpm. Then again when those tractors backfire they make a bigger boom the any gas truck.

Now my favorite thing is sitting and watching 15 out of 20 tractors in a class get 50 feet snap and pop then sneeze that is one heck of a show. I will never understand the excitement in that.

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 04:34PM
just about as much fun as watching all four tires on the ground going down the track. If someone was leaning on your truck it would have been another pickup puller or drunk because no tractor puller watches pickups

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 05:08PM
At least all those 4 wheels go down the truck under there own power and not on the hook Winking I believe some of those beauty queens need to spend less on paint and more on how not to snap crackle and sneeze.

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 15, 2009 04:39AM
Sorry but thats wrong, it was the tractor guys that were pitted next to me. When I asked them to step off my truck, they apologized and moved over by their tractor. But again the question, why did they assume it was ok for to lean all over my truck. Next time, I'll return the favor and see how they like it.

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 15, 2009 10:13AM
I would just asume that your truck not be at a tractor pull, It sucked that i had to watch the same stupid class of trucks pull 1st friday and sat when the only diff was the tires, they should pull all 4wd trucks LAST so the place would be about empty by the end of the nite.

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 15, 2009 10:21AM
I guess you noticed the trucks going down the track instead of waiting on the tractors. I don't like tractors and didn't watch them so I can't really complain about them could care less or not that they were there. If you don't like the trucks keep your eyes on the tractor side Winking

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 15, 2009 01:26PM
Good grief... don't be such dunderheads. You need BOTH trucks AND tractors to make the show appealing. While I pull a tractor, I don't disrespect the truck guys and would hope they do the same towards me. It takes both to make the show a success for the fans... and aren't they the ones we are really pulling for?

Now, for the others who just complain without offering suggestions. Get over it! Be constructive and positive in your complaints - they will be considered much better than the bitchin' I've seen on here. Grow up and offer constructive critiques, not "I won't go again" and "I'm so disgusted". That's what my second grader does - I'd hope you'd be better than that.

We drove more than 800 miles one way to participate, spent all three days there with our families and had a great time. Are there issues that need to be addressed? Of course... think Klint doesn't know about them? Think again. We had a great conversation with him during the event and he told us some potential changes he'd like to make. The construction and the heavy rains didn't help a bit and I'm sure Klint had control over those two issues... :-)

Overall, I'm glad to see the event occur and I hope Klint sees through the bitchin' and holds the event again with some modifications. We'll be back... we'd like to see more of you there.

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 15, 2009 01:53PM
If you want contstructive criticism, look at my 2 posts at the bottom of this thread. There are several suggestions as to what could be done to make a better experience for spectators and pullers.

One thing that has been mentioned regarding entries- set a cutoff date like JR did with the Harrisburg pull. For example, the actual entry list on the website for Thursday night shows 54 trucks in 3 classes, and 62 entries in 4 classes on the smoke tube track.

While 62 entries with the limitations of an indoor event may push midnight at even 4 minutes a hook and a 7pm start, that would still get over before midnight with a little time to spare for weight changes and dropped test passes (and I wasn't there Thursday so I don't know what time it got over, but heard it was after midnight). The entry total for Thursday was not unreasonable.

The #s for Friday per session, were way too much though. I stated this below, but I believe it would be better to either limit the # of entries per class to 15-20, OR, he could do what he did at this pull, but only run 3 classes per track instead of trying to run 4.

And to Art Downs, about telling my neighbor he can't run, well, Louisville has done that for years and they seem to have an event people want to run at. I like to listen to you announce. I wish you'd come over to the Hoosier State sometime. Maybe you and Duane Edwards could tag team and work a pull together.

Perhaps one idea would be to leave the hot farm, pro farm, and limited PS for Gordyville. The the other track, perhaps 2 mini classes instead of 3; perhaps only 1 SS FWD class and 1 Mod FWD class... maybe the 650 and under guys could get an extra hundred pounds over the over 650 guys, or something like that.

Bottom line, between PS, 10 Limited Pro, 9500 Limited Pro, Super Farm, Pro Farm, Hot Farm, or LSS, Regional LSS (imo a BS class) or LLSS, or several different variations of SS or castrated Mod FWD, there is some whittling down that could be done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2009 01:54PM by The Original Michael.

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 16, 2009 05:01AM
Michael, I didn't include you in my comments -- which is why I started "Now, for the others who just complain without offering suggestions..."

However, my question now is: How many people who are complaining here have actually e-mailed or called Klint with their issues? I'll bet less than 10%. Don't be such a coward behind the keyboard. If you have a gripe, let those in charge know DIRECTLY. I did, and I received a decent response. Try it, you might like it.

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 15, 2009 01:34PM
great tuck show!!!!!!!!!!!! go to gordyville & watch yor tractors all day

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 12:17PM
Yeah with Outlaws you would be done with the entire show in about 40 min. with 10 hooks at 4 min. each. NO wait a min. it would be 1hr. and 20 min because we would have them all go out the gate and in a pulloff to make the show long enough.

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 02:06PM
If ya ever need a ride.we got room for 2 in our trailer. Just no sharp sticks

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 02:44PM
I drove 5 1/2 hrs to watch the Friday evening session with some friends from Indy. For the first time at the venue I thought they did a good job. They do need to limit the #s per class. Also if their not going to run under a sanction body they need to lump the class's better. I don't meen to wail on the hot farm/profarm/ ss 4x4s. Their very good entry level classes, but when you also want to invite the best of the best in the LSS, 10pro, LMTpro and such your going to have to cut #s somewhere.

Parking was bad but I drove my little Focus hatchback into the field right passed the construction area with very little problems. What was funny was all the chipped out diesels making rutz. Sorry guys but remember the more you tear it up. The worse it is for the next guy.

Overall not a bad event. I really hope they do it again. They have some bugs to work out. Cant fault em at all on the quality of tractors they brought in. Had fun!!

Re: What Klint can and can't control March 14, 2009 04:44PM
I was there Friday. Went for Friday night. Afternoon show didn't get done until 7:30 or so, when the evening start time was 7:00.
The actual time of the first hook Friday night was closer to 8:45. After the afternoon session, the building was cleared. Here are my thoughts, trying to be fair. Also, when I use Klint's name, I am also referring to track officials, etc. I don't know everyone's name. Just like the people in Washington are now the Obama administration, Whatssmokin is the Klint administration, lol.
When the Whatssmokin people read this, please accept as constructive criticism. I know more hours were worked than you can imagine. Remember that if nobody cared, nobody would complain. We pulling fans and even moreso pullers are passionate about this sport, so any praises or criticisms are a part of that passion.

Things Klint can't control

- the weather. Duh. The fields where people were parking were muddy and rutty, but Klint can't control whether it rains or not.

- the building. From a spectator point of view, I was not a big fan of the columns, but that's a nature of the building. Depending on where one sat, or the angle one was sitting from the starting line, the tractor/truck as it was taking off may have been hidden behind a building support. That's not something that can be controlled, it is what it is.

things Klint may have some control over

- the dust. The difficulty people sitting 250 and farther down the track of seeing the start was partially fumes, but it was also dust.
The pullers and crew can vouch for this. The tractors and trucks in the pits, around 6-7pm, looked like they had been sitting in a garage for a year with all the dust on the vehicle hoods. I realize the surface is what it is, but could water or something be used so there is not so much dust accumulating, and also obstructing the view?

- Only 1 entry door. If people trickle in, it's not a problem. When you have a line stretching from the door out onto the road waiting to get into Friday's evening session, that is A) annoying, Cool dangerous with all the vehicular traffic. You are setting yourself up for a losing lawsuit if someone ever got hurt by a car or hauler waiting in line on the road, regardless of whatever disclaimers there are. Solution, if possible, have 2 ticket entries. I'm putting this on under the "may have control" category, because maybe due to the nature of the building, this is the only feasible way even if it is inconvenient.

- ventilation. Part of the reality is Whatssmokin can only make do with the ventilation system in place. However, things like opening doors, traffic flow, v8s warming up outside for example, trucks and alky burners shutting off like the diesels and not driving off the track, while little things, may combine to help lots on ventilation and breathability.

- parking. Klint doesn't own the facility, nor the surrounding grounds. However, there are things that can be done to help, including limiting # of entries (more on that below), and a better organization of parking haulers, etc. I know lots of people are griping about the parking, and it is a legitimate criticism. However, to be fair, until the haulers and fans started showing up, there is only so much you can guesstimate. If there is a future event at this facility, I believe the parking for both pullers and fans will be vastly improved in the future. The parking doesn't so much concern me as other things since that is one element that can be improved, now that there has been an actual event to see what works and what doesn't.

Things Klint can control

- the track length. Yes, it was technically 300 feet, but that was a massive sandpile. The sandpile could have been a little smaller, or the starting line moved back, so that a 300 foot pull didn't put the vehicle in danger of damage. And, as noted on Fonda's board, that SS FWD that went 299'8 actually was in the sand. If the sand pile could be a little smaller, or the start line moved back even 10 feet, this would greatly help. Yes, I walked in the pits. There was plenty of room to move the start line back a few feet.

*** The big one *** entries
I admit, I wanted to see the 33 LSS tractors. That's the biggest amount of entries for an indoor pull in one class, but since LSS is one of my favorite classes, I didn't complain.
However, in the big picture, Klint was trying to run Bowling Green types of numbers per session with a lot more limititations than BG. Examples include at BG, the diesels can drive off the track. At BG, there are 2 separate track prep crews, instead of one alternating from track to track. At BG, there is a lot more room.

Friday night smoke tube track entries- 20 LPS, 33 LSS, 24 PS, 23 SF. That's exactly 100 for one track. That's actually more than BG (58 super farms plus 28 LSS only equals 86 entries).
What concerns me as a fan is that this is not a new phenomenon. Remember Gordyville this past January? Friday afternoon session, with a smoke machine problem, ran almost to the evening start time (maybe past it), and fans were standing out in zero degree weather.
My solution would either be A) limit entries to 20 per class tops, OR Cool instead of running 4 classes on one track, follow Louisville's lead and only run 3 on one track. HAD the pull started at 7 as advertised, and had the LSS, PS, and either LPS or SF been the only 3 scheduled classes, it may have been possible to run 77 vehicles in 5 hours to get it over before midnight, for example. One fan's advice: Learn to say NO, or limit entries. And, while the street stock FWD or Pro Farm guys do appreciate a place to pull, perhaps Gordyville is a better event (at least for pro farms).

Re: Cloverdale by the numbers March 14, 2009 09:41PM
I went just got home at 5:30am. I slept 3 hours in two days. We watched every hook friday and saturday, went down on the track pulled the smoke tube for half of the afternoon session and all of the evening session. All on three hours of sleep. If you are not willing to help at the pull then don't complain about the job others are doing. If it lasts too long dont stay. No one is holding a gun to your head making you do the things you are whining about, if you dont want to do them then dont. If the shows with tons of pulling are lasting too long for you then dont go. The show will go on with or without you. Thanks Klint had a great time will come to many more of your shows.

wrong, sir March 15, 2009 12:28AM
I wondered how long it would be before the "if you don't like it don't go" or "what pull do you promote?" chorus would chime in.

While your dedication is admirable, is telling a family man who spent $100 on 2 sessions a day for him and his wife, plus kids and concessions on top of that "if you don't like it, don't go", really an intelligent response? Or, was that a product of 3 hrs sleep over 2 days?

LOOK at the comments on both this and Fonda's board?
Tell me, how many people were there at 3:20 am Saturday?
How many of those same people, not counting pullers and crew for SF and FWD mods, where there at 10am sharp on Saturday?

I bet not all that many. People are voicing their opinions. This is a message board where people have the right to do that.

If you truly want all the people who had some issues with the event to not go, then guess what, you will get your wish. The event will not continue, and nobody will go.
As I mentioned in another post, we pulling fans are passionate about the sport. If we didn't care, then we wouldn't spend the money we do on tickets, etc, and we wouldn't bother to voice our opinions on forums like this. Yes, there have been a lot of complaints. However, there have also been many suggestions on how to improve the event.

If nobody cared, then nobody would offer constructive ideas regarding parking, # of entries, etc.

And, thank you for pulling the smoke tube to help the show come off.

Re: wrong, sir March 15, 2009 12:55PM
Well said

Re: To Klint and Crew March 15, 2009 03:20PM
Klint:
We all noticed that you were short handed, and that was part of the slow down of the show... Why not put something on the website a couple weeks ahead of time, asking for volunteers who are also spectators. get a list together like OK we need this many tube pullers, this many track people, get some local antique tractor guys as pull around tractors. Get an idea before 3 days before, so that the same people are not doing all the work, and by Sat. night can barley keep going. The classes were impressive, I hope you can get all the little things fixed, and WE WILL ATTEND AGAIN.. because we are PULL FANS!!! We are tired, but we had one heck of a show for under 100 bucks a person!! See ya next Winter, bring on SUMMER!

Re: To Klint and Crew March 16, 2009 03:28PM
thanks AGGIRL us guys from ohio will go to ALL of Klints pulls and stay till all hours of the morning. i stayed at Gordyville till all hours of the morning and loved every minute of it.(as posted before). Bring on the pullin, the late nights, the tube pullin, and great times. We love pullin and will do what it takes to make it happed without complaint. Thanks Klint

To all the complainers!! March 17, 2009 01:10AM
Everyone seems to be whining like babies.Angry Have they ever put on an indoor tractor pull? Did everything go as planned?? Klint puts a LOT of hard work into every pull he ever puts on. But he can't please everyone! (Even though he tries his hardest!!). Regardless of hook time, the amount of tractors / trucks, smoke inhalation, fumes, parking and whatever else people are griping about-Klint and all the crew worked themselves to death! Instead of complaining, everyone should be patting Klint on the back because he put on one hell of a pull!!Winking

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,759, Posts: 229,920, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,094, Posts: 226,019.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM