Western Farm Show Crowd February 21, 2014 12:24PM
Why are there so many empty seats here at the pull tonight?

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 21, 2014 02:11PM
Saw a video posted on FB and wondered the same thing. Can't blame it on weather this year. Maybe the crowd will show up tomorrow night.

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 21, 2014 03:17PM
What happened to tapped out? Picked it to win ?

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 21, 2014 03:53PM
Entertainment purposes only lol Grinning

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 21, 2014 04:32PM
We thought we would go Saturday night and see what kind of entertainment we could arrive at. Don't expect to much so maybe we won't be to disappointed. We will see I guess.

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 21, 2014 11:41PM
Thought it was the biggest Friday night crowd they have had. For sure the best track and pull. Big building and I think they said it holds 17,000 people so it is always going to look pretty empty. I would say they might have had 2000 people plus another 500 in suites and the halls. Just a guess but at about $22 bucks a head maybe 80 to 100 grand. Talked to a lot of people going to night and sure are running pull better.

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 22, 2014 12:04AM
Best pull they have had at the farm show. I have been to every session, except Friday night last year with the snow. Lots of excitement with pull offs and trucks and tractors hitting the sand pile. Track was awesome killing some tractors right before the sand pile. Pulling finish order wasn't decide by when you hooked as early and late hooks both won. Light super class was the best they have had and the new class of smoker tractors put on a great pull. Heard the bottom ring holds about 5000 people and maybe half full but hard to tell with a building that big. Couldn't ask for a better pull than what our group saw last night and everyone looking forward to tonight.

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 21, 2014 11:58PM
Better check your math. 2500 people @ $22 is $55,000.

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 22, 2014 12:07AM
Some people cant count or add but good pull last night. Best track they have had for sure. Lot of them tractors ran out of ponies.

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 22, 2014 12:47AM
Glad to hear the track was better and they are running the pull better.

As a puller and promoter, I appreciate every puller and promoter that tries a new venue and indoor pulling has really started a comeback the last decade. Gordyville, Eastern Extreme event in PA, Ohio, Nebraska.

Nothing happens over night when building a brand. That is what we are doing, bringing pulling back to the masses. I have always wondered why the crowd isn't bigger there as well, I want promoters to make money. This is the first year I have missed the pull in Kansas City. I do know the Sat night crowd in the past has always been twice of the Friday night crowd. Let's all stay positive, keep having fun and helping promoters get bigger crowds so eventually they can pay us more to do our hobby. If you haven't yet, post your pulls this year at www.beermoneypulling.com

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 22, 2014 01:30AM
Prob has something to do with anyone ages 4 and above cost $27, lil bit steep for this part of the country, my opinion

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 23, 2014 01:00AM
Very nice crowd Saturday night and over all a pretty good pull.

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 22, 2014 01:48AM
Funny how some of the first negative post on this thread was from the same old boys that have been praising everything that PPL does and bashing everything related to Outlaw for the past 3 months. Wouldn't put much stock in what they have to say if they were even at the pull. Good pull last night and any association would be hard pressed to put on as good of pull as we saw last night. I thought for $22 it was much better than what I paid last week at Louisville and everyone got a free program that walked through the door. Sure this pull has lots of sponsorship and all the suites were full with lots of banners and the big screen was great as usual. Thought the crowd was pretty good for a 6:00 start on Friday and just kept getting bigger as the might went on. Looking forward to tonight.

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 22, 2014 09:32AM
I thought maybe the numbers of entries would be a little higher.

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 22, 2014 10:21AM
PBR event at the Sprint Center tonight is not going to help attendance.

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 22, 2014 11:14AM
I'm not positive but I think they limit entries to a maximum of 10 per class.

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 22, 2014 03:32PM
You know what's funny about the two outlaw bashers at the top of the page is they have never pulled with outlaws ever in their life.

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 22, 2014 03:37PM
Who's bashing?

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 23, 2014 02:39AM
Well here goes, as I say on a earlier post I went there Saturday night not expecting much ,but I did get a very pleasant surprised. The Pull was very well put on and they run 5 class with basically 50 hook and were out of there around 10:30ish, couldn't ask for a better finish time and I am going to congratulate Doug for a show well run. They had one pulloff with 2 tractors and the rest worked out fairly well I thought, if they had reset the sled it would have still been 50ish hooks. Much better show than past years and I'm looking forward to next year but was hearing rumors that they way be tearing Kemper Arena down to build a better arena? any confirmation to that? This is a very positive event for the Western Farm Show and I hope it continues to happen at least in some form. Numbers on classes and total hooks were about right for the ideal getting done time. The one thing I think they need to do is open the doors to get in to the seating at 4:00 instead of 4:45 to 5;00 like they did Saturday. I also want to commend the Bungart sled team for a job well done and done in a very profession manner,(I won't name names because I would miss someone) CONGRATS for a job well done, I know it didn't come easy and required about a week or more worth of effort. I'm saying it may have very well been one of the better WFS pulls since the reincarnation of this event.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2014 03:19AM by farmall puller.

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 23, 2014 10:10AM
The Kemper family is wanting it tore down and a new facility built to be used strictly for ag related events. They have already raised almost 10 million dollars but the city is having trouble coming up with the rest. The new arena will only seat 5,000 people if they build as planned

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 23, 2014 02:49PM
CONGRATULTIONS TO SCOTT WHITWORTH & THE WHITWORTH PULLING TEAM .THEY HAD A GREAT SHOWING FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE WESTERN FARM SHOW WITH SCOTT PUTTING THE AGRILOGIC COOL CAT IN THE SAND PILE WITH AUTHORITY .THEY HAVE TRAVELED A LOT OF MILES TRYING TO MAKE THEIR TRACTORS RUN .IT LOOKS LIKE THEIR PERSISTANCE IS GOING TO PAY OFF . IF ANY ONE HAS A VIDEO OF SCOTTS PASS PLEASE POST IT. I THINK 2014 IS GOING TO BE YOUR YEAR. GOOD LUCK. DUKE

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd March 12, 2014 03:59AM
AgriLogic has a video of Scott Whitworth's winning pull on their Facebook page. www.facebook.com/agrilogic. If you don't do Facebook shoot me an email and I will get it over to you. erader@agrilogic.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2014 04:08AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd March 12, 2014 05:45AM
you don't need facebook to view that video, anyone can go there and watch it. i only bother posting this because everyone makes it a huge deal saying "I don't have facebook" when they obviously aren't even bothering to click on the link. otherwise they'd realize they can see pretty much all of these videos.

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd March 12, 2014 01:57PM
Glad to see a company support the sport we all love. Hope this opens doors to grow the sport. Lets support a company that supports us.

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 23, 2014 05:33PM
I have seen it on BeerMoney Pulling Teams facebook page

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 23, 2014 11:49PM
I know that there is the arena downtown at the convention center. Is there another large stadium in KC? Haven't been then in a few years.

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 24, 2014 12:38AM
Good pull both nights! I wish somehow they could fill the spots of the pullers who couldn't get their equipment ready. I know of a couple guys that sent their money in and it was returned. To bad they couldn't have a list of replacements and make the pullers that are signed up to verify that they are going to be there. JMO, but still a good show!

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 24, 2014 02:11AM
some of the entries listed to pull never sent in an app to pull.

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 24, 2014 02:49AM
The track is a power track like Louisville and within 20 to 25 feet of being the same length. This will be a must see pull now and I bet in a year or so they will have to open up the top section. Great pull and the powers to be have this pull going in the right direction now with the changes they made. Bid crowd at the western farm show this year and they have to be pleased with the pull and what it brings to the show.

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 24, 2014 02:16AM
I like the new setup they ran at the farm show. About 8 to 10 per class and a total of 50 hooks each night made heck of a difference. Kind of like the finals at Louisville both nights. I know of some that got entered in just the last week or two because others could not get parts and some break at Louisville and not enough time to fix. What a difference in the track and I remember the first year no smoke machine and 180 feet was a full pull in the sand and the pull got over about 1:30 in the morning with less hooks than they have now each night. What a difference now with power track and it is now 220 feet for a full pull in the sand and they hooked around 45 hooks and were done by 10;30. Made a big difference in the this pull and I bet the crowd will get bigger ever year now. Biggest Saturday crowd this year I have ever seen at the pull. Hats off to everyone that that made the changes and made it happen. Looking forward to next year.

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 24, 2014 01:49PM
i for one loved the show for starters we didnt have 15 inches of snow this year lol the weather was great the attendance was great it was a very well run show from everything from the track crew to the sled operator to the track itself they opened up more areas for ventilation saterday night which helped a lot the show was over around 1030 both nights all in all thank you to everybody involved for a well run show and see everybody next year

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 25, 2014 02:49AM
No doubt this was the best western farm show pull they have had since they started 4 years ago. Everyone was talking about how good Friday night pull was at the farm show on Saturday and didn't hear any negative comments. I think they have got their act together at the pull and Saturday night pull was just as good. I think this pull will get a lot more people to come next year. Have not been to Louisville pull in 3 years mainly it just cost to much for tickets, travel and hotel rooms. I enjoyed this pull just as much and a lot cheaper. Want to give a big shout out on the free program we got at the pull. That has to be the best program I have seen and my kids have wore it out looking at it. I think that program at Louisville was 5 bucks when I went last and that along with the fact we have got our ticket from one of the exibitors at farm show the last 2 years makes it affordable to take the whole family with out selling the farm. Thanks to all involved with the western farm show. Good job.

Re: Western Farm Show Crowd February 25, 2014 11:01PM
Good to see the different FFA groups at the pull on Friday and Saturday night. You do not see that much at Louisville anymore since the admission price got so high.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009