An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 25, 2014 12:11PM
Who would put an 830 JD sheet metal on a diesel smoke blowing prostock tractor?? An 830 doesnt do that from the factory,, guess someone had way too much time on there hands

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 25, 2014 12:23PM
I would bet he knows how to spell wondering though.

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 25, 2014 12:25PM
Why not last 830 I saw had six cylinders and besides its not like they disparaged the looks of one.

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 25, 2014 12:32PM
Yeah I know what you mean why not go with something different like 1066 IH or a 4440 Deere none of them out there

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 25, 2014 12:36PM
I would imagine the next one you build would allow you to build one however you like! Assuming your speaking of Lance Little's True Grit people either seem to love it or hate it, I happen to like it and I'm a red guy! If u like it enjoy it, if not be seen not heard !Winking

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 25, 2014 12:52PM
I was planning on running 830 sheet metal on my LLSS I'm trying to build. Why not look different and stand out rather than do what everyone else does

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 25, 2014 01:38PM
In my opinion on a LLSS you should go with 620/630. More appropriate for a small tractor.

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 25, 2014 01:48PM
Deere Puller
In my opinion on a LLSS you should go with 620/630. More appropriate for a small tractor.

I agree that would be neat.

BTW how many tractors do you see that blow smoke from the factory like a pro stock lol?

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 26, 2014 10:04AM
AAR
Deere Puller

I agree that would be neat.

BTW how many tractors do you see that blow smoke from the factory like a pro stock lol?
About the only ones I can think of would be some of the older Masseys and ACs. Some of them put out a pretty good cloud.

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 25, 2014 01:50PM
I have to agree with you, 620 or 630 sheet metal on an LLSS would you really cool. It would go right along with the alky Super MTA sheet metal of the tractor that pulls in mid-south if memory serves me correctly.

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 26, 2014 12:05AM
I'd do 830 for 2 reasons more room and we already have 2 830s in the collection so need a 3rd. In-laws have 28+ restored 2cyl JDs.

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 25, 2014 02:17PM
Not to pile on but, I love the 830 sheet metal. I also love the binder lite alky mta. As a fan it is fun to see variety, even if they are quite similar to their class mates under the skin. Keeps it interesting, and after all its got a bunch of people talking. And love them or hate them, that type of conversation (a good type of drama) it's good for the sport.

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 25, 2014 02:23PM
The Super MTA pulls Battle Of The BlueGrass. It's a true M. Ted & Tony or Binder Lite built it.

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 26, 2014 04:32AM
It's the only 830 I like cause it don't go pop pop pop pop I'm a red guy but Lance Little was thinking outside the box and that is great!

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 26, 2014 10:41AM
bill
It's the only 830 I like cause it don't go pop pop pop pop I'm a red guy but Lance Little was thinking outside the box and that is great!

Lance " is" outside of the box,....Grinning unless he's in the penalty "box",.......Hot

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 26, 2014 10:23AM
the 460 utility esdon built and the 9600 ford of pizziec( im sure i spelled that wrong) are two of the best looking along with lances old school is cool,speigelbergs massey is nice also

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 26, 2014 01:33PM
Isn't there a 450 IH out there also? I thought I seen one on a video once, if not that would also be a neat one to build. We may have been JD people if the 830's would have run like True Grit does, my Dad always said the reason he wasn't a JD man is because the old 2cyl JD run in one place for to long and the Farmall M didn't!!

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 26, 2014 01:28PM
I was at a pull this last summer and saw a 730 with a turbo 6 in it looked great. Dont know who it was but i think they pulled with Illini state pullers

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 26, 2014 02:42PM
Is this the one your are talking about?

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 26, 2014 02:50PM
could be not a real good pic dosent look healthy in that picEye Popping

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 26, 2014 03:18PM
Best pic I have of it.

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 27, 2014 05:21AM
RYAN68
Is this the one your are talking about?

That is one of the Altaus Farms tractors, it does pull in the ISP too hot to farm. I was the pull-off tractor since I had already pulled earlier in the order lol!

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 26, 2014 03:20PM
As a 2 cyl puller and builder, I have for the last several years wanted to put new style "plastic", lol, on an "A" or "G", just to be different...imagine seeing the new style hood and front, and it going pop,pop, pop.

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 26, 2014 03:36PM
i run a 706 in r open farm class. not a big fan of green paint but I will say lances 830 sure looks nice. im like of old school so I like the 9600 ford lehns 460, I think there is a pro stock 1206 that runs with the outlaws. I think theres a 1456 diesel super out there. nice to see something different other then a 1066 4440 7240 7800. keep the crowd think what is next. I really like it when the tractors like the 830 or 460 get out then end just like the a 8410 or mx305 even though under the hoods r the same componets

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 27, 2014 04:20AM
I bleed green, but must say hats off to the guys (of all colors) who are building these great tractors with the retro affixed sheet metal, it looks so cool. It just brings even more imagination to the sport. How can you not like it?

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 27, 2014 04:43AM
e=dieselrig]
I bleed green, but must say hats off to the guys (of all colors) who are building these great tractors with the retro affixed sheet metal, it looks so cool. It just brings even more imagination to the sport. How can you not like it?[/quote]

well said!!!!!!

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 27, 2014 11:41AM
I think it's great. Hope more of them are built in the furture.

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 27, 2014 12:58PM
I like the different looks and so do the fans. I want to put M sheet metal on my sons tractor that im building.Has anyone made fun of the multi engine tractor called funny farmall?

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 28, 2014 12:39AM
The 830, Esdens 460, marks 9600, but what about the 6000 commander, cool tractor and won louiville.

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 28, 2014 10:56AM
Clearly ate up boys with way too much time and Daddys money! Stay on the farm boys

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? February 28, 2014 12:29PM
Awesome ^^^^

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? March 01, 2014 10:08AM
Watch the Pro Stock finals video to see how many people are standing up and cheering for the 830. NEAT MACHINE!!!

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? March 02, 2014 10:11AM

Here is a pretty sweet orchard puller. Don't know much about it but it looks pretty sweet.

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? March 02, 2014 10:15AM
My bad the link didn't load the first time, look up 4man-motorsports on Facebook, it was just posted today. An m with orchard sheet metal

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? March 02, 2014 12:37PM
This tractor?

That is a Cooperider from Glenford, OH.

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? March 02, 2014 03:12PM
Yeah, that's the one. Thanks for getting the picture up, I thought that was pretty unique, never seen anything quite like it before. Jake

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? March 03, 2014 06:34AM
How can u like an orchard tractor doing that ? It makes no sence ! They did not do that from the factory why would anyone think this is a good idea?

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? March 03, 2014 06:59AM
I agree, looks stupid .

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? March 03, 2014 07:05AM
This guy must not understand pulling period ^^^^

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? March 03, 2014 08:38AM
Really???
How can u like an orchard tractor doing that ? It makes no sence ! They did not do that from the factory why would anyone think this is a good idea?

Did any of the "factory" tractors do stuff like that? I think not. So that statement would cover all tractors.

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? March 03, 2014 09:24AM
Really???

If it doesn't make sense, then don't watch the Pro Stocks, Open Supers, Diesel Supers, Light Supers, etc etc...
Do you get my point?

A lot of the tractors that we watch pull on a weekly basis didn't do what they do when they came out of the factory. Do we still enjoy watching them? Yes.
I, for one, love pullers that think outside of the box when it comes to selecting their models.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? March 04, 2014 09:12AM
AMAN

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? March 03, 2014 01:03PM
I agree with you John Murray.

It is nice to see some different sheet metal on the track. I love the 830, beautiful tractor.

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? March 03, 2014 01:52PM
I read the replys to this post and one thing bothers me. One of the posts talks about wasting daddys money, that is stupid the tractors mentioned are not built with daddys money. I know of the brothers that are pulling the tractor with the 730 sheet metal and know the men who built that tractor made the money through lots of hard work. If all someone has to do is run someone else down keep your stupid thoughts to yourself

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? March 05, 2014 02:48AM
Tractors like Todd Cooperiders' O6 IH and Lance and Chris' 830 shouldn't elicit the question of "why?" but "why not?" Anyone who is thinking outside the box may get an equal chorus of cheers and boos, but they deserve respect for trying something different.

I've kicked around the thought of a MM UOPN (an open station UDLX). That would be cool to see on a pulling track, with a ton of rake and some tastefully enlarged rear fenders.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? March 05, 2014 12:45PM
I love the looks of the old tractors also ! But isn't the cutoff date 1960 or newer for component tractors ? You could build a Farmall M or 450 but wouldn't it be limited to using a stock block and frame ?

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? March 05, 2014 03:18PM
I cannot see what, about using antique sheet metal has to do with innovation in a motorsport, tractor pulling included. It's as much an innovation or thinking outside the box as Courtney Force posing nude for a sports magazine. The reality of this current brainstorm is a "look at me statement" It's how people get people to look at them. What's next? Maybe a Prairie Tractor, like a Fairbanks or a Big 4,,,,,how about a Mogul? It looks more to me, that these guys are running out of ways to keep their popularity going. Maybe one of them is gonna be riding a wrecking ball next. Lets just hope this ego thing does not destroy too much valuable old tin.

If tractor pulling is at the point where it needs to become like a circus, it has bigger problems than you realize.

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? March 06, 2014 01:03PM
Mr. Thinker, My personal take on Lance Little's 830 is I LOVE IT!! It is different and it opened a lot of eyes. What a beautiful machine--I think. There are a lot of us older folks who enjoy the old look and as Pro Stock--Oh Yeah!! I do think that makes Lance an innovator but more than anything it is something different and maybe just maybe that tractor is drawing some fans to the pulls that may not ordinarily attend. That does not make the tractor a sideshow at the circus but maybe it is an attraction within the circus. An attraction draws people and that turns into money and profits for the promoters which could lead to bigger payouts for the pullers.

Courtney Force's pictures may have nothing to do with the drag racing sport but I bet you there are some more people in the stands because of her. Now we just need a cute blonde to drive the 830!!

Thanks Morgans for the site!!!!

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? March 06, 2014 03:07PM
Lots of smoke
Mr. Thinker, My personal take on Lance Little's 830 is I LOVE IT!! It is different and it opened a lot of eyes. What a beautiful machine--I think. There are a lot of us older folks who enjoy the old look and as Pro Stock--Oh Yeah!! I do think that makes Lance an innovator but more than anything it is something different and maybe just maybe that tractor is drawing some fans to the pulls that may not ordinarily attend. That does not make the tractor a sideshow at the circus but maybe it is an attraction within the circus. An attraction draws people and that turns into money and profits for the promoters which could lead to bigger payouts for the pullers.

Courtney Force's pictures may have nothing to do with the drag racing sport but I bet you there are some more people in the stands because of her. Now we just need a cute blonde to drive the 830!!

Thanks Morgans for the site!!!!
I hope you like my alky burning IH 806 then also!

Re: An 830 JD pulling a prostock class ?? March 07, 2014 12:04PM
Yes indeed. I grew up farming and worked beside Gerald Jarett, Rusty Severe, Shorty Kirkpatrick and others in the late 60's and early 70's so YES I can appreciate a good old 806. Good 4020 would be better but-------------we'll save that for another day!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009