New York SS pullers of the past. March 15, 2009 07:50AM
Bored on a Sunday and got to thinking about some of the SS tractors of the past. Even recent past. Where are these guys/tractors now?

Bob Robinson-Jasper
Pete Paddock-Foolish Highlander
Dave Galley-Hobby Horse

Ltss Farmall 460 from WNY

Are there any others that anyone could think of? Are there people with SS sitting in there barns or sheds around NY? Would love to hear stories and see some pictures.

Any puller chassis from years back that would make good Superfarm tractors? Wish we could see some ressurrected onto the track this year?

What new can we expect to see out in NYTPA and ESP this year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2009 07:53AM by nyspullnut.

Re: New York SS pullers of the past. March 15, 2009 08:08AM
bob sold his to somebody i think in Indian Pete has in pieces Dave still has his in the shop

Re: New York SS pullers of the past. March 15, 2009 08:11AM
The Highlander is still in the area. I'm not sure what the plans are for this year, but maybe we'll see a return in 2009? One tractor that I remember from years ago was the JD Old Hickory(out of Galway???) or something like that. Any idea what happened to that tractor??

Re: New York SS pullers of the past. March 15, 2009 10:04AM
old hickory is jasper i believe bob robinson from glaway

Re: New York SS pullers of the past. March 15, 2009 11:28AM
Does anybody know where the IH tractor called Pure Luck went too. think it was owned be the paynes.

Re: New York SS pullers of the past. March 15, 2009 11:40AM
last i heard it was for sale and they were working on an alky. not sure if it sold or if they are even still working on an alky

Re: New York SS pullers of the past. March 15, 2009 11:02PM
what about the Red Baron from Richfield Springs, I'm a john Deere man to the end, but that red one would really run.

Re: New York SS pullers of the past. March 16, 2009 11:08AM
Please dont bash the spelling
A few to start

Bill Cummings
Chester and Jeanie Synder
Nick Palladino
Gary Overton
Paul & Willie Hayes
Gary Wingate
Bob Raycraft
Stew Kenny
(Tiny) Harold Dahlgren 1206IH
Andy Cabot
Bill Rockefeller
Ted Dibble
Pete Smith
Dave Galley
Jim Buckley & Jr
Tom Hayes
Dave Shoemaker
Mike Reed
Jim Jackson
Gordan Markwell
Richard Rogers
Bob Robison
Ander Bedard
George Lampilla
Don Skellie
Mike Ferry
Ted Mahlik
Shorty Laclair
Frank Fredricks
Dennis Rickett

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2009 11:18AM by Hphparts.com.

Re: New York SS pullers of the past. March 16, 2009 11:21AM
Charley Rossier

Re: New York SS pullers of the past. March 16, 2009 01:36PM
John & Chuck Erickson (The Gambler) 180 ac

Re: New York SS pullers of the past. March 16, 2009 01:59PM
Ron Santamore
Bill Delarm

Re: New York SS pullers of the past. March 16, 2009 02:17PM
Tom Dickerson

Re: New York SS pullers of the past. March 16, 2009 11:09PM
Ralph Koopman

Re: New York SS pullers of the past. March 17, 2009 12:06AM
deeranged? i remeber him great thread guys would love some pics of these guys

hphparts love your new team site by the way

Re: New York SS pullers of the past. March 17, 2009 10:04AM
Thanks we have a new Web team/ team members working on it.
We also have a new t-shirt comming out with another PR team member working on them.

Re: New York SS pullers of the past. March 17, 2009 10:37AM
What are some of those guys upto now, and where are their tractors these days?

Andre March 17, 2009 10:38AM
Do you have some old photo's of your tractor and some of the others?

Re: Andre September 26, 2009 03:37PM
A photo of the Iron Eagle 33 years ago before side shield with 2 innercoolers, P pump and 2 turbo's

Re: Andre September 28, 2009 02:43PM
Some more...

Snyders

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2009 02:53PM by Andre Bedard.

Nick Palladino March 18, 2009 03:24AM
Attached is a picture of Nick Palladino's old Oliver 880 at Syracuse and a picture of what it became last year as an electronic fuel injected methanol LLSS with Western New York Pro Farm Pullers. The tractor retired in 1987 and I finally took it out of the barn last winter. First year was tough but we are looking forward to a good 2009, Dad will be at some of the pulls, he is doing well and still running his farm.

Dan Palladino

Re: New York SS pullers of the past. March 18, 2009 05:50AM
That 1066 from Richfield Springs was Gary Wingate. The tractor was called The Red Baron and it REALY RAN!

Re: New York SS pullers of the past. March 18, 2009 03:58PM
does anyone think that tom dickerson will return to pulling and build again ??? people always say that pullin cant be got out of the blood once its in ya

Re: New York SS pullers of the past March 17, 2009 09:17AM
Garry Overton is still in competition along with his son Jeff, they compete with single engine mods in Quebec, Ontario & northern NY.

Re: New York SS pullers of the past. March 20, 2009 03:06PM
Dont forget Bill Gabel with FATHERS PRIDE ( still being pulled today with WNYPFP as a LLSS) also Colin Broughton . Also Charlie sullivan & Edwards. Dave Shoemaker. Warren Skellie. John Shaul .

Re: New York SS pullers of the past. March 16, 2009 11:33AM
I heard that Paynes were sick of the politics in the new york state club and sold there new component to Ross Castner and dont know about the tractor they were running believe they still have it.

Re: New York SS pullers of the past. March 19, 2009 06:03AM
Bill Cummings still has his Ford - Frustration sitting in a barn , and last summer going through Pennsylvania we stopped and saw Chester and Jean Snyder , they still had The Blue Mule (Ford 9600) in a barn . Chester had it to a local pull and got in an exhibition hook .

Re: New York SS pullers of the past. March 18, 2009 09:25PM
on ebay,for about a month,there has been a ford 9000 dss for sale.on the side shields it says ny points champ '80-81 i belive.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,731, Posts: 229,864, Members: 3,332.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member WestonFarms