Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 03, 2014 03:30PM
I can see it now. 6" inlet charger on that new billet block screwing the dyno to 4K HP! The BBJDs won't know what hit them. It's gonna be cool to be a red guy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2014 03:27AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 03, 2014 03:39PM
First of all better check the legality of a billet block in the pro class. Second of all Steve Boyd could buy Harts and It would be another day at the office. Golden Rule he with gold wins. Keep livin in a dream world guys.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2014 03:26AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 03, 2014 03:56PM
Couple more years of $4 corn and $400 land rent might prove your statement to be more then short sided
not to mention it's really hard to buy what isn't for sale...
Harts have proven what they can do on the track there is no reason to think prostock will be any different

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2014 03:29AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 03, 2014 04:03PM
4 dollar corn does not slow guys like Steve Boyd down and most everything has a price.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2014 03:30AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 03, 2014 04:14PM
Harts may be the hot ticket now. But as always the past has proven there will always be a trend. Will see how long it will last for there sake lets hope it's longer than there chargers do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2014 03:30AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 03, 2014 10:55PM
Mr. Boyd is a business man first and foremost. You are the one dreaming if you don't think $4 corn will slow things down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2014 03:31AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 03, 2014 11:23PM
Boyd's are businessmen but farming is not the only business they are in very successful trucking and excavating companies as well

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2014 03:31AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 03, 2014 11:58PM
yeah right
First of all better check the legality of a billet block in the pro class. Second of all Steve Boyd could buy Harts and It would be another day at the office. Golden Rule he with gold wins. Keep livin in a dream world guys.

Billet blocks r legal. Bill Gates could buy Boyd's and Harts if he wanted. But only if they were for sale ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2014 03:26AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 04, 2014 07:55AM
funny how somebody drug steve boyd into this conversation. when I look back at the original post there was nothing even remotely close to anything that had to do with him

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 04, 2014 04:59PM
Sully that person didn't even know billet blocks were legal. Just another keyboard pulling name thrower.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 05, 2014 01:43PM
wear can you run a billet block? only in diesel super in ntpa under 540 but you cant in pro stock. what page in ntpa and ppl rule books?

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 05, 2014 02:09PM
Did you try a 2014 book?

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 05, 2014 02:23PM
PPL is allowing recasted blocks, no aluminum, in the Pro Stock class for 2014. The specs for the block are in the 2014 rule book.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2014 03:28AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 06, 2014 12:03AM
arent we talking billet blocks? recast and billet aren't the same!!!!!

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 06, 2014 01:25AM
Would you prefer a billet block to a recast block? Would you make it out of aluminum or steel? which would cost more? would it make a difference in performance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2014 03:28AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 06, 2014 04:04AM
billet steel is best but its NOT legal yet. probably in 2015 or 2016.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 06, 2014 07:56AM
What the hell is a "Recasted Block" or a "Recasted Head"?? If your attempting to refer to a custom aftermarket block or head, there's nothing "Recasted" about it. Listening to most of you, You'd think you were referring to retreaded tires or something. Do any of you understand what IS, IS? Where can I get my block recasted? That should save a lot from buying a new one.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 06, 2014 03:35PM
confused
What the hell is a "Recasted Block" or a "Recasted Head"?? If your attempting to refer to a custom aftermarket block or head, there's nothing "Recasted" about it. Listening to most of you, You'd think you were referring to retreaded tires or something. Do any of you understand what IS, IS? Where can I get my block recasted? That should save a lot from buying a new one.
Recast seems to be the slang term for all the improved cast versions of oem parts.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 06, 2014 07:26AM
Another one
Sully that person didn't even know billet blocks were legal. Just another keyboard pulling name thrower.

Maybe you can pull your billet keyboard! Cause you CANT pull a billet block in prostock!!! What was the name of your tractor?

Cal Naughton, Jr - "Remember that time in tenth grade when we got kicked out of class for playing with Matchbox cars? Who's the retard now?"

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 06, 2014 04:20PM
Cal Naughton, Jr
Another one

Maybe you can pull your billet keyboard! Cause you CANT pull a billet block in prostock!!! What was the name of your tractor?

Cal Naughton, Jr - "Remember that time in tenth grade when we got kicked out of class for playing with Matchbox cars? Who's the retard now?"
What is the connection between Matchbox cars and billet blocks?

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 06, 2014 02:34PM
I was just a keyboard puller who did not even know billet blocks were legal. Who is the keyboard puller know?

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 07, 2014 12:57AM
"funny", i'm confused what you're talking about. Billet blocks are only legal in diesel super stock. nothing else. definitely not pro stock.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 07, 2014 04:39AM
I was watching a video from 1986 Indy Super Pull 9000 Superstock class a red tractor was taking off and Dave Grimm was announcing that this tractor was pushing 1700 hp. Today that's a weak 4.1 limited pro stock! Never say never!

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 06, 2014 06:16AM
What he said ^^^^. Billet is not legal in pro stock YET. Huge difference in billet and recast. Billet is machined out of a solid piece of metal. Cast is melted and poured.
and back to the original post, it doesn't give the red guys an advantage just would level the playing field between colors. no one color would be making more power than another.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 06, 2014 12:56PM
Can't Wait
I can see it now. 6" inlet charger on that new billet block screwing the dyno to 4K HP! The BBJDs won't know what hit them. It's gonna be cool to be a red guy.

Huh,........................ and I thought it was already cool to be a Red guy ! Cool

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 06, 2014 02:22PM
I ASSUMED everybody knew the difference between billet and recast. You know what they say about assume. Just threw that out there for people that didn't know. I personally think Rodney's block will have a big impact on the Pro Stocks. The old style blocks have reached their limit. The Hart block will do more of the same ASSUMING it becomes legal.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 08, 2014 07:13AM
You mean Rodney from D&R .Most in my area go to Hyper and get his recast block. Is this something new better?? Just asking didn't need a silly response.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 08, 2014 07:36AM
Yes

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 08, 2014 09:32AM
I'd really like to see the machinery that these steel blocks are going to be manufactured on. It will take some serious iron to carve that much steel out of a billet. Billet cranks, and heads are one thing, but there are issues to deal with, making a block that can not be done with joe blow machinery.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 08, 2014 10:18AM
So now what is next in the DDS 400 psi boost ???. Fix the blocks then they will push em harder then whats the next weak point to go Boom!!

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 08, 2014 11:15AM
checkbook

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 08, 2014 11:26AM
racehorses
checkbook

BahahahahahaSpinning

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 08, 2014 01:02PM
Harts did it all in house.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 08, 2014 01:10PM
Fayette and take a tour. It is worth the trip.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 08, 2014 02:01PM
I have little need to tour any of these shops. They have nothing that's that incredible. If they are making steel billet blocks on those HAAS machines in their photos..... They have my sympathy.YawningYawning

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 08, 2014 02:12PM
When you buy your ticket to watch you will see if what they have is great or notThumbs Up

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 08, 2014 02:49PM
Sorry but there is no guarded secrets to making a billet block. They have been made for 100 yrs. It's not rocket science. All you need is someone to buy them that has no respect for his money or how he got it. Most of you juveniles have no idea where most of the pulling parts have come from, or who thought them up. The hot dogs of today are just running with things that were drawn up and discussed many years ago. Most of these brilliant revelations had to wait till the money and the rules were in place to use them. It really amazes me when some guy with a lot of easy cash miraculously becomes a go to guy for technology.

If I really had the time and wanted to beat my head into a concrete wall every day, I would start making blocks tomorrow. I just prefer not to endure all the puller drama.

If y'all think these engines are so state of the art, you should buy a ticket to see the 2014 Formula 1 engines. They are V-6, 1.6 litre and make 500 hp per litre. They have turbochargers every bit as big as what Harts build and some of them are running 2., 1 on each side.

You don't even have to buy a ticket as they are already on display on the net and you can see every part in them. No witchcraft or top secret BS about them. To believe that tractor engines secrets need to be guarded in Ft. Knox is silly. When tractors gurus can put 16 tractors within 1 inch then we'll talk.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 08, 2014 03:14PM
I would disagree! You seem to enjoy the drama. Otherwise you wouldn't be on here wasting your time speaking of what you do not knowWinking

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 08, 2014 03:40PM
So just give it a shot at trying to enlighten me. I'm sure there's little that you could offer.

???
And as far as a 5 axis? a 5 axis what? There's a lot of variation with saying 5 axis. If they are going to "manufacture" them they will need more than some 5 axis, whatever.These guys and the rest of you forget there a lot more people that are in the manufacturing business than you seem to accept.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 08, 2014 04:06PM
Why would you need a 5 axis ??? A 3 axis will be just fine. A Haas machine will handle steel fine also! Its all about tooling. Tool path operations and feeds and speeds. As long as the operator knows what he's doing it doesn't care what its cutting whether it be a Haas mori seiki or mazak

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 08, 2014 04:26PM
I'm pretty sure there's at least one that is going to attempt it with a 3 axis vertical. When they get done buying the necessary tooling and making the fixtures they would be far better buying the proper equipment with enough capacity to do it right. Let alone trying to deburr that hunk of metal. Making more than a couple with a 3 axis vertical is fantasy.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 08, 2014 04:51PM
That's why they invented the horizontal

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 09, 2014 12:38AM
??

And as far as a 5 axis? a 5 axis what? There's a lot of variation with saying 5 axis. If they are going to "manufacture" them they will need more than some 5 axis, whatever.These guys and the rest of you forget there a lot more people that are in the manufacturing business than you seem to accept.

Nobody said they were going to manufacture the billet blocks. Did you stop to think maybe they just made one for themselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2014 03:54AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 09, 2014 12:44AM
They have built five.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 09, 2014 04:34AM
was told
They have built five.

Better check on that again

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2014 04:37AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 08, 2014 03:47PM
lol
I would disagree! You seem to enjoy the drama. Otherwise you wouldn't be on here wasting your time speaking of what you do not knowWinking

But I don't have to listen to all you guys on the phone Monday morning and every day next week. These parts probably could be made for half of what your paying if it was not for your attitude. It has drove a lot of sources away, probably long before you.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 08, 2014 04:13PM
See you do like it.

Really its simple, you pay the man his price to do it or you pay the price to do it yourself.Thumbs Up

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 08, 2014 05:48PM
I would hate to be as sour on the world as you seem to be. Nobody said the blocks were state of the art, only much stronger. The Harts run a very successful business that their Dad started from the ground up. It seems maybe you are jealous of them? I don't understand why people can't be happy for someone else's success.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 08, 2014 02:28PM
The one they made on the HAAS was aluminum. That little machine could not handle a steel block.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 08, 2014 03:24PM
Check your source. The just bought a 5 axis machine and it was a steel block.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 08, 2014 01:03PM
Smokin Red
You mean Rodney from D&R .Most in my area go to Hyper and get his recast block. Is this something new better?? Just asking didn't need a silly response.
Rodney put a lot of time and thought into his block. Some really bright people had input on it. It doesn't require a deckplate or girdle. It's a really nice piece. What else would you expect from D & R!

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 09, 2014 06:28AM
Is this block steel or aluminum and how pricey is it. It would take quite a chunk of stock to begin with.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 09, 2014 07:11AM
D&R's # is listed in the builders directory. Give them a call, they can best answer your questions Winking

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 09, 2014 08:48AM
I will Monday morning . Talked to em both before. Seem to be decent guys

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 07, 2014 12:45AM
After seeing the weak points in an OEM block pro stock and super stock should have went to a recast block years ago. Rodney's new block fixes those weak points and then some 4000 hp not far away!

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 06, 2014 04:12PM
When prostock was "invented", it was the "cheap" way to get into tractor pulling. 24.5x32 tires and 1 turbocharger was going to saaaaaaaaaavvvvvvvvveeeee pulling! lmao

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 06, 2014 07:32PM
So what's not holding up on the stock blocks? I've seen the turn buckle supports on them. I know they are running 672 CID. I also know they don't last without the turn buckle supports. So what's up?

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 06, 2014 11:51PM
With a billet head and unlimited single bbjd has a clear advantage because of bore spacing.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 07, 2014 01:02AM
the blocks are ground out to clear the cranks they lose too much structural integrity. The turn buckles are only a bandaid to help hold them together.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 07, 2014 03:44AM
There will be no prostock reach 4000HP. if you are getting 3000HP your doing damn good

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 07, 2014 03:54AM
propuller
There will be no prostock reach 4000HP. if you are getting 3000HP your doing damn good

They are well over 3000HP now. Smoking

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 07, 2014 06:33AM
when you say well over 3000hp that's a little vague. what kind of torque numbers are you talking. that is the better question. give them 5000 hp and endless torque if you want, it all has to get to the ground on 24.5 tires. who cares how much power Joe has if he buzzes the tires 200ft and ends up dead last. (sorry if I offended any joes out there!)

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 07, 2014 07:14AM
what are the supers makin for hp,esdon,blagraves,shramek etc

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 07, 2014 08:24AM
Sully
when you say well over 3000hp that's a little vague. what kind of torque numbers are you talking. that is the better question. give them 5000 hp and endless torque if you want, it all has to get to the ground on 24.5 tires. who cares how much power Joe has if he buzzes the tires 200ft and ends up dead last. (sorry if I offended any joes out there!)

No offense taken Sully. What i'm saying is in response to propuller that the top 10 prostocks are doing better than damn good Winking I know you have some prostock friends who can divulge the torque numbers, they are very impressive to say the least. Getting that power to the ground is key you are right, and you can bet plenty of attention is being paid to making that happen because hp numbers are going to continue to climb.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 07, 2014 07:56AM
Billet blocks are allowed in small block JD and IH in PPL now! The rule listed on the website is not updated.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 07, 2014 03:38PM
propuller
The Red blocks won't live very long much over 3K HP. The parts are available now to make 3500. Now that there are stronger blocks available you know the numbers are gonna go up. That's why the chassis shops are so busy.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 07, 2014 12:12PM
here's another funny
When prostock was "invented", it was the "cheap" way to get into tractor pulling. 24.5x32 tires and 1 turbocharger was going to saaaaaaaaaavvvvvvvvveeeee pulling! lmao

It saved it,.................................prostock class is the most asked for to any promoter

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 07, 2014 01:12PM
I have it on good authority that the most requested class (at least in NTPA) is NOT the pro stock, but actually the Super Stock diesel.

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 09, 2014 03:06PM
funny fanatic
here's another funny

It saved it,.................................prostock class is the most asked for to any promoter
Yeah, then I guess the promoter better not complain at ANY pull when they only have one show up! lol

Re: Billet blocks in Pro Stock March 09, 2014 11:32PM
national level numbers are excellent, state not so much, but hey there's the 4.1 class and the lite pros Thumbs Up.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009