brand of double cuts March 06, 2014 03:49PM
Y does it seem everyone is using firestones to make double cuts can u use kellys or goodyears or is there a reason for this

Re: brand of double cuts March 06, 2014 03:57PM
Not sure but I think it's because of the 23 degree angle of the bars on the Firestones. Mark will know.

Re: brand of double cuts March 06, 2014 07:37PM
Yeah you can make just about any tire that has enough casing into a double cut but the Firestones just work better and of coarse they make the PULLER tires.

Re: brand of double cuts March 06, 2014 11:37PM
OK I have 2 sets of Kelly tire on the farm I run as duals and when u put them up to a Firestone they r a lot bigger both being 20.8/38 was thinking of having one set cut thought the bugger tire would be better

Re: brand of double cuts March 07, 2014 07:48AM
You can cut any tire and make something out of it BUT...to get a true double cut there has to be enough rubber across the whole tire.One example.You cannot get a double cut out of a Field and road 151 style tire.No rubber between the bars.Remember double cuts are actually cut into the casing.Doesn't matter how much bar is on it.Then you have some tires where the angle is really steep.Again no rubber.then you have the curved or squiggle bar.By the time you straighten it out there is no bar left.Firestone with it's 23 degree bar has rubber in the casing.(most of the time)!!!

Hope this clears some questions up.
Mark Hawthorn
608-558-2316

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,956, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,039.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009