V scraper to maintain track March 09, 2014 01:10PM
Our club is looking for a V scraper to help maintain the track. We may have a fab shop that can build us one as a donation but we need
plans or photos so he has something to work from. Does anyone have anything or know of anywhere we can find some plans?

Re: V scraper to maintain track March 09, 2014 02:17PM
Here is a pic I took at NFMS in 1996 of the one they were using.

Re: V scraper to maintain track March 09, 2014 02:40PM
Be sure to have at least 3 holes for the top link to accommodate different tractors hitch designs and heights. 4 holes is even better. Blade has to be level front to back when working and the top link is the only way to level it.

Re: V scraper to maintain track March 09, 2014 10:53PM
Cody has one on here page 4 for sale cheap.

Re: V scraper to maintain track March 10, 2014 02:58PM
I sold the one on the for sale page, but I have one the local antique club used that I'd sell for $500 also. Its 8ft wide & heavy duty.

Re: V scraper to maintain track March 10, 2014 02:26PM
Make it at LEAST 8 foot wide. The minnesodanz built a couple of em 10 foot wide and it is handy taking care of the whole mess in one pass.
Make sure your attachment weldments will accept the 3point quick hitches also!
A water tank and spray bar is a must for daytime pulls.
Ideal deal would be to have the scraper belly mounted under a tractor with water tanks saddled on, then the tractor could pull the roller also. A "high crop" tractor old be ideal for that. Has to be able to turn short!
The Bungart fellers from the show me state make a dandy adjustable "scarifier" bar for installation on a V scraper also.

Re: V scraper to maintain track March 11, 2014 02:01AM
I can build you a custom one. Please give me a call or email. 412-480-9307

Re: V scraper to maintain track March 10, 2014 03:56PM
dave haley has a great design,he uses a 460 with a v8 in it and a farmall m with a 4bt,belly scraper,adjustable,with down lights and pulls the roller.look on youtube for pulls in eastern ohio.im sure someone close to him can get pics

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,748, Posts: 229,892, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,087, Posts: 225,995.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM