Lost Another Puller- Harold Volland (Columbus, Indiana) March 10, 2014 11:43PM
I heard yesterday that we lost another puller. Harold Volland from Columbus, Indiana died Sunday afternoon. He was 82 years old. He was very active in pulling from 1969 to 1989, starting with county fair pulls and progressing to NTPA, Indy Super Pull, and the Southern Circuit Champion. Harold pulled an Oliver 88 along with team mate Dennis Lucas pulling an Allis Chalmers.

Obituary: [www.jewellrittman.com]

I was looking thru my older pictures just last week for pictures of Harold and Dennis but did not find them yet. If someone has pictures, could you post them please?

Re: Lost Another Puller- Harold Volland (Columbus, Indiana) March 11, 2014 01:15AM
I hate to hear this,I didn't think he was doing very good,Margaret always sent me Christmas Cards every year .I owned the WD45 that him and Denny pulled.Harold was a great guy and good friend,helped me a whole lot in the early days,Thanks for the memories,you will be missed.Kent Anderson

Re: Lost Another Puller- Harold Volland (Columbus, Indiana) March 11, 2014 10:46AM
Sad to hear. Definitely one of the more successful Oliver teams.

Re: Lost Another Puller- Harold Volland (Columbus, Indiana) March 11, 2014 05:02PM
Very Sad News Indeed....When we first built our single turbo 88 on gas, we got the TO4 charger and intercooler off of Harold back in the mid to late eighties. He was a super guy and the Olivers "Pete" and "RePete" were one of my most favorite tractors to ever run the light class....Still remember those white steering wheels on both the 88's and I think on the WD 45 also....God Speed Harold....RIP

Dan Dunham

Re: Lost Another Puller- Harold Volland (Columbus, Indiana) March 18, 2015 02:43AM
Hi. My name is Patrick volland. I am Harold's oldest grandson. I saw this article a while back shortly after he had past but never had the courage to comment on it. For a while now we have been curious on the where about a of both Pete and re Pete. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Lost Another Puller- Harold Volland (Columbus, Indiana) March 18, 2015 03:31AM
Hi Patrick your grandpa Harold's two tractors are in Farwell Nebraska owned by Terry Berggren of Shade Tree Repair. Terry has been busy building a new engine for one of them. Give Terry a call he would enjoy talking to you. Have a good day! Sincerely Rod Psota Crazy Horse Pulling team !!

Re: Lost Another Puller- Harold Volland (Columbus, Indiana) March 18, 2015 05:13AM
Do you have any info that I could use to contact him?

Re: Lost Another Puller- Harold Volland (Columbus, Indiana) March 18, 2015 08:14AM
(308) 336-3281

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,955, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,038.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009