Cloverdale, big tumbs up!!! March 16, 2009 09:44AM
Big thanks to Klint and the rest of the crew for doing this pull, I knew alot about the place before we got there and kinda of expected this to be dicey, and they were on the parking deal, BUT, if it had not rained a great deal before the event, parking would of been much better, No one expected the turn out i feel, it was great to see all the folks and pullers that were there!!!
Like any other new event, stuff happens. I know we enjoyed our selves and thank Klink and Brook Tucker and all the helpers for making this happen!! And thanks for having the mini-rods, some real nice action with them!!!
Thanks and bunch!!!
Perry Butson

Re: Cloverdale, big tumbs up!!! March 16, 2009 11:54AM
Congratulations on your 3 ride, runner up finish on the Ethanol Express in 1,950 minis, Perry. That first hook was quite the ride with you sliding the mini-rod sideways to avoid going up the sand hill.

Re: Cloverdale, big tumbs up!!! March 16, 2009 12:17PM
I couldn't agree more!

Jay Butson

Re: Cloverdale, big tumbs up!!! March 16, 2009 12:23PM
copy that 10-4 ! ! !

Re: Cloverdale, big tumbs up!!! March 16, 2009 03:36PM
I feel great to finally be somewhere that people are positve for great effort. Thanks to all who support the events.

Re: Cloverdale, big tumbs up!!! March 17, 2009 01:22AM
Thru out the weekend every time I saw Klint I'd thanked him for putting on this pull. I know he'll get the bugs worked out next year. I'm one of those 4x4 guys I pulled 540 Mod and 530 Super Stock in the Truck Called ShaZam. I enjoyed the time I spent there and well do it again. If limiting the class to 15 or 20 entreis I'll be one of the first to have my applacation in before Dec. 15th.

So Klint if your reading this .. Thanks once again from the guys up in Wisconsin, I know it will be better next year.

Daniel G. Homa and ShaZam

www.wumpapullers.com

Re: Cloverdale, big tumbs up!!! March 17, 2009 03:26AM
Good pull overall. Klint said at the drivers meetings that they were aware of the problems, so give them a chance. Yes the rain did really mess things up. My suggestions for next year are 1. Stick with the 20 vehicle per class limit, 2. Save the South and West area next to the building for the spectators. I know the pullers don't want to have their haulers farther away, but if the fans have to walk a long distance, then they won't come back either and no fans means no show. There has to be some sort of compromise on parking the haulers and the fans. Another option is have a couple of guys on 4 wheelers parking haulers so there is some sort of order and they are the only ones that can say who and where a rig is parked. That way no one ends up blocked in. Maybe designate an area for haulers there for the weekend and another area for haulers there for a sesson or 2.

Re: Cloverdale, big tumbs up!!! March 17, 2009 05:22AM
All good ideas. I was there all day/night Friday and yes there were many problems, but this place has too much potential upside to let it die on the vine. All of the problems are correctable. And this venue is the only place I currently know of that can very easily run 2 tracks 300' long, indoors. The iron that was there in the 1st year tells you that there is plenty of support from the pullers. I am guessing there were probably issues when Tomah, Bowling Green, Louisville, etc... put on their 1st pull too. The key is to not get discouraged and bash everyone, just learn and improve and build for a bigger and better next year.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,961, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,044.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009