Stupid Question March 17, 2014 11:31AM
Im looking for an oil filter for my motor. I want to run the style like what a light or heavy super stock runs where they are like 6-8 inches in diameter and about an inch or two thick. I have been looking everywhere and cant find one. I dont know what the actual name is. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Re: Stupid Question March 17, 2014 11:55AM
Is this what you are looking for ? you need a 60 micron screen for engine oil

Re: Stupid Question March 17, 2014 12:05PM
I have 7 of them. See For Sale page.

Re: Stupid Question March 17, 2014 01:53PM
Will it work on a prostock?

Re: Stupid Question March 17, 2014 05:54PM
With two different tractors running two different style of oil filters (one has the large System One, the other has a holley/oberg style), my personal preference is the holley/oberg style. There are pros and cons for each.

System One
Pros
-prefilter screen
-large filter surface

Cons
-difficult to drain the oil
-difficult to take apart
-leaks

Holley/Oberg
Pros
-relatively large filter surface for the compact size
-many mounting possibilities
-easy checking

Cons
-I question the ability for oil to flow
-one nut to hold the pressurized unit together

After fighting and battling the System One, I can see in the near future a holley/oberg style of filter on both tractors. In the end it is whatever you prefer, which I can tell you have already opted for the holley/oberg style.

Re: Stupid Question March 17, 2014 11:53PM
The reason I said The System One was better is because it won't plug up on shavings and stop oil flow like an Oberg style can. Talk to Rodney at D&R about this. As for leaks I haven't had any problems in 2 years. I did strip the short factory nuts that hold the screen on but solved that by putting tall nuts on them. Hope this helps.

Re: Stupid Question March 18, 2014 02:31AM
I'm just curious, where are your System 1 filters leaking from. We currently have five of these on our modified and twd trucks without any issues. Remote location and the larger 1 1/2 threads. They have been on for over 4 years now. Very happy with them.

Re: Stupid Question March 18, 2014 04:25AM
We also have a system one on our TWD and have no issues with leaks. They are a little messier than the Oberg type filter and the Oberg is much quicker to check.

S'no Farmer

Re: Stupid Question March 18, 2014 06:20AM
The System One filter on the one tractor is the large truck type style. The mounting base is a two piece design. The top is removable to check a prescreen. Between the two pieces of the base there tends to be slight leakage.

Re: Stupid Question March 18, 2014 09:38AM
Ok... Which system has the prefilter in the filter base... That has the large truck type filter?

Re: Stupid Question March 17, 2014 12:12PM
Ebay search Holley/Oberg

Re: Stupid Question March 17, 2014 02:46PM
What is the point of this style compared to a spin on filter?

Re: Stupid Question March 17, 2014 03:12PM
The advantage is that you can pull it apart quickly to see if you have any problems with bearings or other engine issues. You can do this between passes.

S'no Farmer

Re: Stupid Question March 17, 2014 03:46PM
The System One setup is better, but it isn't cheap.

Re: Stupid Question March 18, 2014 09:47AM
We have System 1 on ours and love it. Easy to pull top off and inspect prefilter after a run and no leaks or issues with ours.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: Stupid Question March 17, 2014 05:54PM
I have a few of the 9 inch Oberg style filters with the square cast aluminum body for $450 shipped.

Re: Stupid Question March 20, 2014 01:40PM
I seen a filter set up that I want to find out about. The filter housing has a removable screen filter and there is a large spin on filter under that. Who makes these? or where can I find one?

Re: Stupid Question March 20, 2014 01:52PM
Riverside engines has one , with the inspection screen on top of the base , of a spin on filter .

Re: Stupid Question March 20, 2014 04:16PM
BlueBomber
I seen a filter set up that I want to find out about. The filter housing has a removable screen filter and there is a large spin on filter under that. Who makes these? or where can I find one?
Pretty sure that is the System One setup. There is a pre screen in the top of the housing. The bottom looks like a spin on filter. It has a screen inside that you can clean. Never have to replace an element. Mine holds 3.5 quarts of oil.

Re: Stupid Question March 20, 2014 11:26PM
I have those ones with the pre screen and the spin on filter sells for $350.00 plus shipping

Andy Keyes

262-206-1297

email rlpinc@live.com

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,677, Posts: 229,779, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason