Censorship and sports March 18, 2014 03:40AM
Since we are having a very interesting discussion regarding appropriate tractor names on a thread below I thought I'd share this link that I just came across when I was checking on the days news. I'm a hockey fan, but even if you're not this story really meshes well with our discussion below:

flyers-fans-had-hockey-jerseys-censored-at-penguins-game

Old Allis Puller
beavis612
I'm glad this board is full of people with morals and ethics. Since this IS a family sport, we should probably ban ALL alcohol from these family events. We should also make sure no offensive music is played, and disallow offensive clothing worn by the spectators. I'm positive some of you "moral" people are far more screwed up than you lead on. If you don't like the names of the tractors, walk away (take your family with you) when they hook. Shield your children from the immoral names. Maybe some of you sheltered folk should just stay home at the farm.

Beavis,I have a question for you...Are you saying that any name should be allowed no matter how tasteless or vulgar it is..Is there absolutely no name that you would object to on a pulling tractor??After all this is the US and we have the right to free speech and we can say or do anything that we want no matter what...Right...

Old Allis Puller, thanks for the great question. Is tractor pulling an anything goes motorsport?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2014 04:53AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Censorship and sports March 18, 2014 05:57AM
those jerseys werent nearly as bad as the tractor names. dont know much about hockey but glad to see we have decentcy rules still.

Re: Censorship and sports March 18, 2014 01:40PM
some words arent ok.
swearing and racial words shouldnt be allowed.
graphic sexual stuff shoudnt be allowed.
its common sense and common courtesey.

Re: Censorship and sports March 18, 2014 02:22PM
Thats the problem with some people anymore no common sense or courtesey

Re: Censorship and sports March 18, 2014 03:38PM
So if someone had a all white painted tractor with KKK on the side of it would they be racist? What if KKK were the three initials of the family members who own the tractor?

Re: Censorship and sports March 18, 2014 04:19PM
Stuff like this is what holds pulling back. Professionalism is key to the sport taking the next step, take some pride in how this reflects on you personally. Both of the D21s are some of the best looking and running orange tractors out, but the names keep the back woods, red neck, hill billy aspect of pulling alive! But on another hand I spend the $ on my tractor and name it what I want, some just look bad on the sport as a whole.

Re: Censorship and sports March 19, 2014 12:48AM
This will be hard to deal with in the professional level of pulling. It may come to a rule that can be enforced at tech. inspection. If you want to pull cover the name or change it. Get rid of the testicles hanging off the hitches as well. If we want to grow the sport then we need to grow up!

Re: Censorship and sports March 19, 2014 05:30AM
In my opinion it comes down to the fact that tractor pulling is entertainment & ANYTHING we do as pullers that causes 1 person to decide not to come to any more pulls, we better be certain that it caused several more to come back. That's why starting on time, getting the track prepped quickly between vehicles, getting the vehicle hooked to the sled in a timely manner, & etc. are no brainers toward a positive experience by the fans. Suggestive names, slogans, and symbols fall into a grey area. They certainly have the opportunity to cause some family oriented fans to stay away, but there certainly is a segment of the population that gets a kick out of it. Even PG cartoon movies usually have some suggestive material that is designed to go over the heads of kids and make adults chuckle. As the parent of young boys though I know that when they hear you chuckle they know there is something more there & sometimes ask. I recall a similar, but less contentious thread on here several years ago over the udder on a Mod.

Re: Censorship and sports March 19, 2014 05:56AM
I hope we're better than anything goes, reading the other thread, one wonders. Trouble is, there's nothing "suggestive" about the tractors. They are just flat out vulgar, no other meaning to them. Look it up. And yes anybody painting KKK on a tractor is a racist I don't care what your initials are.

Re: Censorship and sports March 19, 2014 06:22AM
Here is a little food for thought. Since we have this mess going on about censorship and naming of tractors. Seems like some people are up in arms about the names of a few tractors. Offensive as some have called them. Having to explain to thier kids what they mean. I love this web site. So dont get all torqued up on me about what im about to say. On another thread, {Harrisburg Session 1 pics} , and some very good pictures by Adam by the way. Anyways, on the very first page I find 6 pictures of 2 very beautiful girls standing and modeling with a tractor. Thats not counting the second page of more of the same. You can say what you want, but seems to me that this might be offensive to some people. Why would we be using "sex appeal" to advertise tractor pulling? But then again, have trouble with some names on the side of a tractor. {Grant you, im not really a fan of those names on those tractors either.} I guess Im saying, if you censor one thing where is it going to stop? Im by no means saying what is right and what is wrong. I just thought that this was iroinic when I went to look at those great pictures. Had to chuckle to myself.

Re: Censorship and sports March 19, 2014 07:02AM
Adam has the right to photograph who and what he wants and post it on his site and only he is accountable for those photos and that site and I won't really comment other than that. I don't take those same pictures and I don't allow Adam to take those pictures when he works for us at Bowling Green (he does a great job for us by the way). They have some pretty strict rules in BG and we make sure we do exactly what they ask us.

All that aside, a girl in a tight shirt isn't really an issue to me, I could go to the Mall and see the same thing walking around with my kids (as long as everything is covered) It becomes an issue if it's a girl with no shirt... that's a completely different story. Sex appeal in fine, it's everywhere, even in commercials played during Saturday morning cartoons. I don't have an issue with that as long as it's reasonable.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Censorship and sports March 19, 2014 07:31AM
Redaintdead brought up a good point. Do you feel that your daughter would be more influenced by a picture of Danika Patrick in a bikini, bent over her race car or by a tractor with an off-color name? Not meant towards anyone just a question. I wouldn't personally name my tractors one of the so said names but I'm also not that worried about political correctness. Lot of things going on in this country and I think provocative tractor names is the least of our worries. Gays and atheists are probably already rallying because they want a booth at the NFMS.

Re: Censorship and sports March 19, 2014 12:00PM
Jake I think you missed the point to which I was trying to make. I was not offered by those pictures. Matter of fact I personally liked them. But I'm a grow man and can decide those things. My point was that if you start censoring stuff, where does it stop? Some say the pictures are different from the names. Some can argue differently. I have nothing against Adam or his pictures. My comments were not meant to be an attack in any way. Just using it as an example. Because no matter what I think, or what any body else thinks, everybody has their own set of standards. What offends me might not bother you. I hope we are still sociable towards one another. I may not agree with your opinion, but will respect you for it. Donnie

Re: Censorship and sports March 19, 2014 12:08PM
No, I got you 100% and you made perfect sense. I was saying the exact same thing as you... my standards are different than Adams, which may be different than yours, or different than what BG has for us. We live in a majority ruled republic and we all meet in the middle.

As for censoring... we already do: and on many levels. You can't legally write the F-bomb on your tractor and pull it in some states. They have laws against that. Women can't go topless in most states... we censor ton and tons of things in society every day. Some are enforced, some aren't. Some are archaic and some aren't. We censor all the time. One of the questions here is where is our line.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Censorship and sports March 19, 2014 02:53PM
The topic in this tread applies to censorship. With that being said would it also apply to announcers? Some are great at entertaining a crowed and some think they are. This winter we attended a pull and was very disappointed in one announcer that spoke very unclearly and with sexual topics. It was embarrassing and felt sorry for the older couple with there grand kids setting there looking back at them with each comment. They left in a short time.

Re: Censorship and sports March 19, 2014 03:11PM
you talking about the guy at g-ville this year? heard him and it wasnt good.hope hes not back cuz he wasnt mature or professional maybe even disrespectful

Re: Censorship and sports March 20, 2014 12:03PM
First of all I was always under the assumption that XXX was reffering to the marks made on moonshine bottles considering it is an alcohol burnner. Secondly wether or not you agree with the names on the tractors it only reflects upon the owners. For some it may reflect badly and for others it may reflect a more happy go lucky attitude. Thirdly this country was founded on freedom of speech and all these other great freedoms but that does not mean your freedoms do not have consequence's. We all have choices and we all have freedoms but that does not mean we are free from criticism or penalties.

Re: Censorship and sports March 19, 2014 07:14AM
I think sex appeal is one thing. Hell, I'm old not dead. I find absolutely nothing sexy about the tractor names though. Society kind of regulates itself to different standards in different arenas. If the jersey's were worn into a sports bar or other more appropriate setting, no problem. As mentioned on the other thread. If you go into a strip club you expect to see a striptease act. If you go to the county fair you do not. And I am certainly not in favor of banning those settings and have been inside both in my lifetime. But other things meant conjur up images of gang rapes & racial lynchings are just not acceptable anywhere, and trying to claim some other reason for them being there only makes the person who put it there look cowardly .I mean if you seriously did not know what the KKK actually was, & inadvertantly put it on a tractor because it was your initials, wouldn't you get rid of it immediately when someone explained to you what 99.9% of the population knows it means ?

Re: Censorship and sports March 19, 2014 07:32AM
Over time things like the jersey story and the ridiculously long thread about the tractors normally disappear over time as long as you don't give it too much attention.

The guys in the jersey story more than likely would have quit wearing them if no one would have said anything. I believe that the same thing would happen with the tractor names. The more attention you give a subject, the more power you give it.

Basically, don't say nuthin' won't be nuthin'

Re: Censorship and sports March 18, 2014 11:58PM
No one has answered my question...Some have said that because its just a tractor we have the right to put any name on it that we want...Are there any names that are totally off limit no matter how vulgar or tasteless that they are or does anything go now...Can we put absolutely any name on our tractor that we want because we own it and we have the freedom of speech to say and do anything that we want.....Is there a boundary we cant cross or is that boundary slowly being lifted...Can we paint a naked lady on the side shields or any sexually explicit graphic that we want..You may say that this is far out but I can see it coming..Could it get to where Doc and Greg cant say the names of lots of pulling vehicles on NTPA pulling on TV..I've noticed several that they skip over now..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2014 08:17AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Censorship and sports March 19, 2014 03:17AM
Unfortunately Old Allis Puller I think your question has been answered. Some people would have no problem with virtually anything , including naked people, genitals, racial slurs, or anything else, & in fact think it clever, take their kids over & tell them what everyone knows it means & thus start the next generation of even ruder society. My Uncle was on a Fairboard some years back. He once told me they favored grandstand shows that drew a rural audiance even it didn't quite fill the stands because they could count on a better behaved audiance. That things like security costs , publicity concerns, etc. were all considered. Fortunately I doubt us keyboarders are all that representative of the overall audiance that shows up at most pulls, but that audiance is shrinking for sure. I know the people we pull with go out of our way to engage people bringing their kids in the pit areas to get a closer look at things. Nobody would ever go out of their way to portray themselves as rude, classless trailer park trash, just because "we paid for it", was upset someone protested our tractor, or whatever it is that could motivate someone to send his daughter out on a tractor that implies she is just that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2014 08:44AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Censorship and sports March 19, 2014 10:33AM
We pullers are tight knit group that love the competion,we like putting on a show. Dont like the show, leave. Dont like the name of my tractor,leave. You pay to see a movie weather you liked or not you paid and went. We are blue collar hard working americans, that juggle jobs and family. We struggle with time and money to build, buy and travel to tractor pulls. When we pull its all worth the effort. If my tractor offends anyone oh well i named it for my reason and my reason only. Promoters and sanctions dont like it, no problem I'll pull somewhere else. Meanwhile all across this country kids are not saying the pledge of alligiance in school, kids can divorce there parents, people are walking around with tatoos that may offend people. My point we dont care whatt you think, there are much bigger problems with this country. You dont want your kids to see topless woman then dont stroll into bike rallies. We have thousands of dollars invested in this sport. Take us out of local fairs, we will go pull some in private.
Mike G

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2014 11:04AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Censorship and sports March 19, 2014 11:20AM
My rant was meant for the Allis name topic, fricckin I Pad loaded it before i closed out, see technology making are lives soooooo much easier

Re: Censorship and sports March 19, 2014 12:01PM
No, I moved it here. Your "rant" is more applicable to this thread which is a more general "name it anything"/censorship thread. Since that thread is so big... from now on I'm trying to have the general discussion here and keep new posts on that thread specific to those two tractors and those two specific names. This thread is going to be more about names in general, censorship, etc... and your posts fits this thread perfectly.

So no, you aren't going crazy and it wasn't an Ipad thing (I'm terrible on my wife's Ipad so I'm usually happy to blame it though). It was just a little maintenance by me to take the load off that post and get that topic back on topic. Thanks for posting.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2014 12:16PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Censorship and sports March 19, 2014 11:57AM
Gman also makes a good point. People are assuming a couple things when comparing tractor pulling to other highly advertised, highly aired, highly paid sports. Tractor pullers do not even come close to breaking even, if anything they are providing an entertainment at the benefit of the promoter and the spectators. People are also assuming that pullers want tractor pulling to grow and turn into something like nascar. I highly doubt any of them could care less about all the BS that goes along with all of that. It's a hobby that is meant to be fun, not a billion dollar corporation. Sorry to break hearts if anyone believes tractor pulling is going to be on prime time NBC in the future.

Re: Censorship and sports March 20, 2014 12:43AM
G Man
We pullers are tight knit group that love the competion,we like putting on a show. Dont like the show, leave. Dont like the name of my tractor,leave. You pay to see a movie weather you liked or not you paid and went. We are blue collar hard working americans, that juggle jobs and family. We struggle with time and money to build, buy and travel to tractor pulls. When we pull its all worth the effort. If my tractor offends anyone oh well i named it for my reason and my reason only. Promoters and sanctions dont like it, no problem I'll pull somewhere else. Meanwhile all across this country kids are not saying the pledge of alligiance in school, kids can divorce there parents, people are walking around with tatoos that may offend people. My point we dont care whatt you think, there are much bigger problems with this country. You dont want your kids to see topless woman then dont stroll into bike rallies. We have thousands of dollars invested in this sport. Take us out of local fairs, we will go pull some in private.
Mike G

This is the "I don't give darn about anyone but myself" attitude that is killing this country.

"My point, we dont care what you think"
You should, since it's the fans that are paying to come to the events. When you're pulling in front of 50 people, will you still not care?

"Take us out of local fairs, we will go pull some in private"
Then go. Go pull somewhere with no safety requirements, an unsanctioned, home built sled and no fans.

"We have thousands of dollars invested in this sport"
So that gives you the right to over step what is considered "good taste"?

Several years ago at a fair, I sat and watched two sherrif's deputies wrestle a shirtless drunk out of the bleachers after he had yelled obscenities at tractors, pullers, passersby (including women), the announcer, other people near him, pretty much anyone he could find. Everyone applauded as he was led away in handcuffs. After that, I said I was never going back there and haven't been back since. I'd rather stay home than watch a saturday night superstar act like a champ in public.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2014 02:03AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Censorship and sports March 20, 2014 03:39AM
I have read both topics concerning this issue and can see some valid points on both sides of the discussion. I really feel this is just bringing to light some much bigger issues in society. One side of it is the offending of people, I get that some people get offended by things and those things are different for each of us. I think that some of the names in question could have got their point across if they used maybe a little different wording and some graphics to paint a different perspective, I get that. On the other side of that argument, I'm not a very politically correct person per say, and no place in our Constitution or Bill of Rights does it say that you have the right to not be offended... I think the real underlining issue here is hard working, taxpaying, law abiding Americans are getting a little sick and tired of being told what to do! You go to work, you pay your taxes, you try to be a good citizen and there is always someone trying to tell you how to live your life. If it's not the fed taking more of your pay in taxes, it's the state telling you what firearm you can have to defend your family, and now it's some faceless person that might or might not be in the grand stand telling you, the one that spent your hard earned money, your hours, day, weeks, months, years of your life to build what name you can put on the side of your tractor or truck. Like I said, I see both sides but I think the people saying no way no how should someone name the tractor this or that are the ones that are only seeing one side. Are those same people ready to take the orders when someone else whoever it may be starts telling them what to do, when to do it and how to do it? I bet not, and if they are; are they really American? Wasn't a lot of this what America was founded on? People being tired of being told what to do without any say in it? I know this board and this discussion is about tractor pulling, but people really need to look a little more at the world around them. My first and last post in this topic is complete, my rant is over.

Re: Censorship and sports March 20, 2014 05:02AM
That is part of what America was founded on. Along with that they all had a mutual respect for one another. And thats gone now. In all that is truly the problem on both sides. If the parties coming up with the names had that respect and do it in a way the was cool or humorous they would not be offended nor would they be telling people how to do things because they would get it that the person was trying to be humorous but in a respectful way.

Re: Censorship and sports March 20, 2014 09:44AM
B Carmon offers some good counterpoints on the subject. I get it. But by the same token if a promoter or fair venue is forced to allow absolutely anything on a tractor, is it right that they could be forced into bankruptcy either by dwindling attendance or lawsuits ? Is it right that other pullers have to travel farther & farther to enjoy doing what they spent a lot of money on too ? We are a free country, but we are also a country of laws. Otherwise you have anarchy. I certainly agree we have too many laws, but many are a result of people just acting like fools. Was it appriate to throw the shirtless drunk out that "in crowd" wittnessed, or was his free speach infringed upon ? Should I be allowed to drive 65 through a school zone because my planter's down & I need parts fast ? For sure we can sometimes overdo it, but if we want fairboards to continue welcoming us back, we can not turn into one big black eye for them either.

Re: Censorship and sports March 20, 2014 12:12PM
So if you were paid a visit from a town official and they asked you to change the color of your house. Because SOME people thought it should be a different color......would you do it?
Dont forget about all the people that are still up in arms about the Washington Red Skins, even though just a few short years ago, no one seemed to care about the name back then. Whats next on the list. Packers.Yankees?

Re: Censorship and sports March 20, 2014 12:21PM
Way different bud, a better comparison would be writing a profane word in large letters across your house...... then you would hear from some officials, just quit while your behind.

Re: Censorship and sports March 20, 2014 12:31PM
So the two tractors in question have profanity on them, once again your opinion. Day time TV uses stronger words than whats on certain competion vehicles. Now go back to watching golf.

Re: Censorship and sports March 20, 2014 12:55PM
G Man
So the two tractors in question have profanity on them, once again your opinion. Day time TV uses stronger words than whats on certain competion vehicles. Now go back to watching golf.

Using this logic, can you call your tractor "Sumbitch"?
When I see Smokey and the Bandit on TV, it seems that they never censor that phrase...yet they ruin the "Barbecue your ass in molasses" line. lol

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Censorship and sports March 20, 2014 01:55PM
No G Man,way way different. To start with the doors on your property. Should you be allowed to take your door & prop it in your neighbors front yard even though he thinks it's ugly. As for the words, really, if you write out the word Tuesday, there's just only so many definitions for it. Nobody's going to buy that you actually meant fifty-five.

Re: Censorship and sports March 20, 2014 02:58PM
G-man, your house color question is a pretty interesting one (I'm actually against zoning so this is very interesting to me). So lets assume you're not in a historic district with color restrictions, or you're not in a development with similar restrictions… So you are in a nice close neighborhood with nice modest houses on small lots, you paint your house lime green, with pink stripes (something bold and offensive to many… kind of like the word S-l-u-t). Almost every person in the neighborhood hates it. It also brings down their property values because it's such an enormous eye sore.

Should the town make you change? My opinion… NO WAY.

Can your neighbors pressure you to change? Absolutely! And if you don't.... don't be surprised if you aren't included in the neighborhood block party. Don't act surprised when everyone gives you the cold shoulder because now other people think your neighborhood is a joke. I'm sure there would be some in the neighborhood that might like to pick up and move before the neighbor turn the corner and becomes trashy. That might hurt the neighborhood as a whole. Maybe nice families eventually leave before their property value drops even more and the "riffraff" moves in and they paint their house with any leftover paint they can find and a couple more houses start to look trashy… don't be surprised if the entire neighborhood hates you. You have to face the piper for your actions.
- house prices down
- house assessments down
- tax revenue for the village down
- services cut

This is exactly how some neighborhoods decay.

Was it worth it?

Thanks for the interesting post and adding to the discussion.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Censorship and sports March 20, 2014 02:01PM
G, I don't know what country or state you live in but in the US if you turn your house into an eyesore, and fill your front yard full of junk diesel pick up parts you can and will be singled out and if you don't clean up your act someone will do it for you. That's the part about freedom you seem to fail to comprehend. What part of freedom don't you understand? The part about you doing anything you want?,,,Or the part about everyone else s freedom to not have to see you do it. Maybe you think everyone want's to see your butt crack, or should we confine ourselves to our homes so we wont have to look at you? Freedom is a 2 way street. And before you say some lame thing like I'm some kind of prude, I've been to places where just about anything goes, but acting like trash. Even the trash acts classy. It's a sad day when you see trashier people and names and t shirts at a tractor pull than you would ever see at an adult resort.

Re: Censorship and sports March 19, 2014 11:21AM
No mentioned the shirts that say pull it hard and pull it long, there are all kinds of sayings out the that offend people where do you stop at. Like I said before they let kids wear pink shirts saying boobs on them for breast cancer but a beer shirt isnt ok?

Re: Censorship and sports March 19, 2014 11:09AM
This subject has turned into what is morally and publicly right. kids can wear pink shirts witch mention boobs on them for breast cancer,but if you own a bar your kid cant wear clothing that mentions it or if harvick is your hero (and the world revolves around him ) dont wear his shirt it might mention his sponsor Budwiser. And for the guy who says no alcohol at pulls, our fair pull makes its most money off beer sales at the pull. Think Tohma is going to stop saling beer or louisville

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2014 12:10PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Censorship and sports March 19, 2014 11:53AM
Thankfully there are still a lot of class acts pulling like boyds, lehn, conny, etc. Maybe the owners of the Allis tractors should hang around them awhile and maybe they would change the names

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2014 12:10PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Censorship and sports March 19, 2014 12:54PM
The problem with the theory of "You don't like it, I'll go somewhere else" theory ....Is once damage is done...Its done... If a family goes to a pull and sees some off-color names or sayings on tractors, It doesn't matter what happens "next year" because odds are the parents wont go back...You get enough of them,attendance will hurt,then the money in the winners purse gets hurt,,then the pull is gone...But hey, at least you got to have a funny name ..right?

Re: Censorship and sports March 19, 2014 01:52PM
Just wait until these names cost the association pulls. If a fair board member or his wife or family is offended by these names and insists they don't have the group back, are the rest of the association members ok with losing those pulls? And when the association promoter gets tired of answering questions about the tractors in question and quits, are these fine folks going to step up and do that work? Its called common sense, lose those names.

Re: Censorship and sports March 19, 2014 10:14PM
ray
Thankfully there are still a lot of class acts pulling like boyds, lehn, conny, etc. Maybe the owners of the Allis tractors should hang around them awhile and maybe they would change the names

Yes,there are lots of class acts at the national level....They are on tv and in the publics eye so need to be good ambassadors for the sport...The Blagraves,Shrameks,Nations,Mastersons,Yaricks,Jostocks,Cope,etc....The list is endless..Theres a good many retired ones like the Banters..

Someone mentioned going to the movies..Theyve been rated for 40 years so you at least know what you are going to....Pullers need all the fans they can get because without them they have nothing..Pullers with names like Hooker,XXX,arent even an issue..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2014 12:42AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Censorship and sports March 19, 2014 03:17PM
Let's ban names on all pulling tractors. Pulling tractors don't NEED names. Nascar cars don't have names. Nhra cars don't have names. Both have TEAMS.

Re: Censorship and sports March 19, 2014 04:50PM
Hopefully it don't come to that, though I'm not a big naming fan either. Only a few I really like. A lot of opinions offered up on these two threads, but one often repeated one is just dead wrong. That's a fact not opinion. It's the-- " It's mine, I paid for it, I can write what I want on it." -- That is true. As long as you never take it beyond the driveway. Once you leave home you are either on public property or someone elses property & they will determine if you are an asset or a liability. The possible exception would be a situation like G-Man mentions of going private, but that would seem unlikey for the most part. People who would disband over a name rule would never be able to follow any rules. But I think pulling groups around the country are kind of on notice that they're the next rung on the ladder to deal with this & need to at least start thinking about it. The 2 groups where the orange tractors run are already behind the 8 ball. After all the discussion here, which I know for a fact gets read by promoters, insurance agents & others, combined with that crews stated intent to come out with yet a 3rd one, you know there's a likelyhood of issues developing there this summer. If pulling organizations don't want to do it & we start seeing names like the orange tractors, racial slurs like someone inquired about on this thread, etc. popping up around the country, then pulling becomes one big risky liabilty to fairboards & other venues & they'll deal with it as they see fit. I fear pulling will then go by the wayside like mud wrestling. No fairboard in their right mind is going to risk some moron wheeling in & unloading a tractor with a KKK logo on it in front of 5,000 people & try telling them "it's ok folks, it's the owners initials."

Re: Censorship and sports March 21, 2014 04:24AM
I like how everyone gets mad how people name their pulling tractors a dirty word or name. Its a good sport and no they are not ruining it for the family. They are not ruining the sport because i see t-shirts and different clothing and advertisement and people go to see the stuff with the dirty names. I pull antique tractors and yes there are dirty names on the tractors but it doesn't effect the crowd any. The stands are full.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2014 04:53AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Censorship and sports March 21, 2014 05:47AM
Orrin
I like how everyone gets mad how people name their pulling tractors a dirty word or name. Its a good sport and no they are not ruining it for the family. They are not ruining the sport because i see t-shirts and different clothing and advertisement and people go to see the stuff with the dirty names. I pull antique tractors and yes there are dirty names on the tractors but it doesn't effect the crowd any. The stands are full.

And the Colosseum in Rome and all the arenas were filled to the rim watching the Gladiators and their decadent shows put on by the Romans. That was then, THIS is now. People are not happy with what a few are turning our country into. All one has to do is watch the interview with the child from Duke and it becomes very apparent that the inmates have taken over the asylum.

Re: Censorship and sports March 21, 2014 01:07PM
I would like to know what the pullers that helped get the sport going like banters, perry, dean, etc. that have spent many years of their lives and tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars to build up the sport to get it to where it is now to see it degraded by a few that have a I don't give a Damn what anyone thinks it's my tractor and I'm gonna put whatever I want on it. Maybe they should think about the beginners of the sport for once instead of themselves.

Re: Censorship and sports March 22, 2014 02:41AM
Personally I'm all for using double entendres when naming pulling vehicles. Stuff like hooker, xxx, etc have legitimate meanings, as well as a more provocative meaning. However, I don't know of any different meanings for slutty.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009