innercooler March 27, 2014 04:57PM
How big of an innercooler should you be running on a case 504 Ci with a 3 by 3 turbo and p pump hot farm?

Re: innercooler March 30, 2014 01:40AM
As big as you can fit in the spot.

Re: innercooler March 30, 2014 02:02AM
Lol! But true.

Re: innercooler April 02, 2014 12:52PM
Depending on what class you are pulling is the real question. I would recommend the 2000 HP size that Frozen Boost offers. Try to limit the number of elbows on the pipes. I belive this model has a 3.5" in and out which you can mount in a way to limit the number of elbows which creates restriction and added heat. If you can use alum piping as it will get the heat away faster, however steel works too if you are on a tight budget. The key is to get the air temp down so you will need a nice sized icebox with decent flow pump to move the water. Some guys run standard ice cubes or even crushed ice. I personally like to have some larger chunks in the ice box to ensure that the temps are good the entire length of the run. If you get it all set right you should be able to drop your intake temps by a great deal.

Re: innercooler April 02, 2014 02:50PM
What size pump do you suggest. Or do you need two pumps, one to get the water to cooler and one to get water back to the ice box after the cooler.

Re: innercooler April 02, 2014 03:36PM
Idk if it's right or wrong but we use two Rule 17a pumps. The cooler is a "split" core, so each pump feeds each half of the intercooler. Seems to work well, these pumps are cheap and move a lot of water. Ice capacity is a big deal, we're out of room for more ice and or more pumps.

Re: innercooler April 03, 2014 02:12PM
The frozen boost model we have has 1.25 " port for in and 1.5 " out,.I have know some guys that took those bungs out and put a full 2" in and out bung. The coolers are made of alum so you would need to take to someone that welds alum. They ran two pumps from what I recall on that set up. ours we just run a high volume bilge pump that you would find for alive well on a large fishing boat. Typically they flow around 65 -75 G.P.M

Re: innercooler April 04, 2014 11:33PM
Don't you mean GPH. MACK

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,731, Posts: 229,864, Members: 3,332.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member WestonFarms