Pete McGiffin March 28, 2014 01:11AM
I was wondering if Pete has made the repairs to "decision maker" after last year wrecking the motor in tomah. Good looking tractor hoping to see it out this season

Re: Pete McGiffin March 28, 2014 09:44PM
I think he named it " Split Decision" - Esdons old IH 460. Heard it will be an all new set up under the hood this year. Maybe see it out at Hutchinson, Mn. June 6th and 7th at the Power Pull Nationals. Voted GN pull of the year 2013. Maybe some other new tractors with reworked motor programs will show up too.

Re: Pete McGiffin in Hutchenson March 29, 2014 01:09AM
Your diesel class in Hutch will be pretty slim...... You will not see any of the region tractors playing with the big boys this year as they booked on top of Ellsworth who has the region DSS class. McGiffin, Peterson, Bruce B, Vaske, Deggenhardt, Schlabach, Miller, Boeckmann, Henderson, Hovden. It's too bad but it's the way it's gonna be.....

Re: Pete McGiffin in Hutchenson March 29, 2014 01:27AM
That is right about Hutch, he won't be out there to run against the GN guys, might not even be in Ellsworth.

Re: Pete McGiffin in Hutchenson March 29, 2014 03:37AM
Well Ellsworth, Wis. is only a one nite - saturday show. They can run Friday nite at Hutchinson, Mn. for a test and tune. Its about 2 hr drive between pulls. Get em ready and come out to pull!

Re: Pete McGiffin in Hutchenson March 29, 2014 04:28AM
When they are running points for region (just like the GN guys won't " test and tune" before a GN event) there not gonna run with no time to fix in between..... It's too bad that hutch books on top of another region event that has been on the same weekend. 100 miles is to close for 2 good events. Hutch killed Ottertail......I guess if you get " pull of the year" you can do what you want. It's gonna effect both shows attendance but its bad for Ellsworth as it is out of there control and at the mercy of upper management allowing this to happen.

Re: Pete McGiffin in Hutchenson March 30, 2014 12:35AM
Corn head could you please explain how WI gets everything? I see this as nothing more than NTPA kissing Ricky's butt and letting him do whatever he wants. They knowingly let him change his date to directly conflict with an established pull!!!

Re: Pete McGiffin in Hutchenson March 30, 2014 02:18AM
I don't think it was Rose's idea to change the weekend. There was a conflict with the venue schedule. There is a big dairy show at the same fairgrounds the weekend the pull has been held. I don't think the DSS class will be hurt too much though, Degenhardts and Millers were the only regional pullers there last year anyways.

Re: Pete McGiffin in Hutchenson March 30, 2014 04:50AM
Both events will be a success. Someday we will get to go to Hutch.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: Pete McGiffin March 29, 2014 10:20AM
Turn about is fair play!
Cheese heads usually get their way no matter what.
Choice of dates, choice of classes, no matter when contracts are signed (or not).
Kind of cool to see someone pull one off for a change.
I'm sure daddy will fix it for next year.

NTPA DSS class is going to be hurting March 30, 2014 06:18AM
NTPA DSS class is going to be hurting no matter who or when they schedule there hooks. They only have 1 or 2 that are precommitted right now

Re: NTPA DSS class is going to be hurting March 30, 2014 11:32AM
As the Co chair of the "Showdown In Curdtown" in Ellsworth scheduled for June 7 I would be lying if I said we were not disappointed in the Roses decision to change the date of their event..... However in talking with the office there was an issue with their labor source due to a change of a local music event. I have told this is a one year "thing" and we have elected to move on and continue to offer another high quality show. Hopefully the diehard fans will take in Hutch on fri evening and support our event on Saturday.......we can only play the cards we are dealt and hope we can win the game!

Classes will include:

Region HSS Diesel
Region Prostock Diesel 4x4
Region Super Farm
Region Two Wheel Drive
Region Limited Prostock
State Light SS
State Light Prostock
State Mini

Re: NTPA DSS class is going to be hurting April 02, 2014 04:58AM
There are a lot of dss in region 3 and 5. Maybe on the GN level they may be down. There is at least 8-12 hard running dss in region 3/5. Yes last year there was a lot of breakage but its going to happen over the course of a hard summer.

Re: Pete McGiffin April 06, 2014 07:23AM
There was a ton of breakage last year! Degenhardts just coasted through the year! All they had to do was show up to every hook to win! They only bumped the sled at a few hooks. Down at the nfms they found out what real competition was! Hopefully every one can stay together this year and make a class out of it! I am sure Pete will have his ready to run hard this year!

Re: Pete McGiffin April 07, 2014 02:44AM
To the idiot who thinks Degenharts just coasted through the year think again. They were trying this new set up for the first year and kept the thing running at almost every show. When they bumped the sled they were legitimately broke. Seems to me they showed a lot of the other guys whos boss up in Reg. 3 & 5 area and the NFMS is not a test of actually pulling, Its a short track and this was there first time there. You my friend are an IDIOT!

Re: Pete McGiffin April 07, 2014 02:51AM
also to the IDIOT who thinks degenharts got shown what real competition is at the NFMS. Go back and look at New Hampton results specifically day 2. They beat a lot of guys that are supposed "Real Competition". Check your facts before you talk out of your rear! God why are some people so Stupid!

Re: Pete McGiffin April 06, 2014 01:20PM
Looking at the distances, it doesn't look like the Degenhardt's just bumped the sled except one pull. I heard they had engine breakage.It looks like they ran good against the big boys when they pulled with them

Re: Pete McGiffin April 07, 2014 07:34AM
We are not mad or calling any one an idiot. The Degenhardt family was very happy with our season last year! The tractor held together very well with only one break down in Norwalk where we did bump the sled. We did not want to bump the sled in our home town. We had a small engine problem. We would like for every one to have a trouble free season like we did. Along with the good health to enjoy it all. The king set us up with one amazing tractor. We did have some perfect passes this last season. Our entire family had a lot of fun. And hope to have a lot more fun this year. At the NFMS it was not the tractors fault for us doing so bad. I had some trouble getting the cold motor up on top of things. When it did come to life i was not on my A game any more. I blasted the tires out from under it. They didnt set in and hook up. Totally my fault for the bad hole shot! Can not wait to get pulling again! Wish everyone good luck with getting crops in and getting their tractors ready!

Re: Pete McGiffin April 07, 2014 09:12AM
Sorry Jon I wasn't tryin to sound like I was speaking on your behalf calling the guy an IDIOT (which he is!). It just pisses me off when someone thinks other pullers just coast through a season. No matter what or who the competition is it is tough to keep things together.

Re: Pete McGiffin April 14, 2014 10:22AM
Is there really a GREEN tractor being built??? Is it going to ride in the trailer with the red one????

Re: Pete McGiffin April 15, 2014 08:34AM
Yes Roger Peterson is reworking stabs old tractor

Re: Hutch dates April 15, 2014 11:13AM
Ricky had to reluctantly change his dates this yr because of a music festival in my town which is 16 miles from Hutch.. This music festival was always held on the first weekend of June but because of some of the performers being at a festival down south, they changed to the 2nd weekend, thus Ricky had to change his dates..which was a hard decision to make because it was always convenient for the GN pullers to go straight from Hutch to Tomah...but the Hutch pull could in no way compete with "Winstock" which draws upwards of 20,000 people. He did not intentionally mean to step on anyones toes and book over another event, but had to make a decision as there are only so many weekends in the summer....thats life and people will hv to decide where to pull based on whether or not they want to chase the points or which is closer. Good luck to both events...pray for no rain!!

full throttle deere April 16, 2014 08:28AM
So is Roger going to run the tractor regional/ state or Grand national? Will he run it as a light super or a heavy super diesel??

Re: full throttle deere April 16, 2014 08:43AM
heavy DSS, Region 3 and 5. It will have a new look and power plant.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: full throttle deere April 18, 2014 02:12PM
Heard the red one is staying home, can't compete with the new green one. Smiling

Re: full throttle deere April 18, 2014 03:16PM
Why would you say something like that?

Re: full throttle deere vs 5288 April 19, 2014 01:23AM
I would like to see them both in the trailer!!! Both Roger and Bruce are good guys, I will always take another smoke blowing diesel in the area.

Re: full throttle deere vs 5288 April 19, 2014 04:48AM
How do we know it's staying green?, with a new look and new power plant who is to say the chassis won't get painted and covered with IH sheet metal???

Re: full throttle deere vs 5288 April 19, 2014 05:17AM
It is staying green . But that's not all that bad.

Re: full throttle deere vs 5288 April 19, 2014 05:41AM
Who built the engine REI,or Staab?

Re: full throttle deere vs 5288 April 19, 2014 11:44AM
neither one of those

Re: full throttle deere April 21, 2014 01:00PM
LBM built the motor

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,844, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,971.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro