For sale ads. April 01, 2014 12:55PM
If I had a dollar for every time something is listed in the for sale section with absolutely no hint as to what engine it fits, I'd be rich. Sometimes the seller mentions who supplied the part(s), that is a bit of a hint at times, but still doesn't really mean much.

Guys will have better luck selling parts if we know what they fit.

End rant.

Re: For sale ads. April 01, 2014 01:53PM
subject should have atleast a brief description what it is.

should have price in base as some people think they have gold and other people lose a sale because people look at ads that if they dont want to list price then they most likely are asking to much

Re: For sale ads. April 01, 2014 11:16PM
No prices and no pictures bother me. But then in the ad it's call or text for price and pictures

Re: For sale ads. April 01, 2014 11:18PM
Tire that are for sale should always have a size in the subject

Re: For sale ads. April 02, 2014 01:17AM
I have posted many ads on the for sale page and agree that price is a must in the ad.

But some of us are technologically impaired and don't know how to get photos on the computer from my phone to put on here for the ad, hence the can text pics phrase as that is within my technology ability Smiling

Re: For sale ads. April 05, 2014 04:33AM
Just a few things #1 You can never go up on a listed price, if you ask 1000 and go down to 500 people feel as if they got a deal (even though you would have sold it for 400) #2 No one is forced to read a add or buy the part, price is realy only good or bad to you maybe the next person will think its a good deal. #3 Some people dont want to build everything, if you can buy it for what you think is a good price and you would rather spend your time working on somthing else it you cant afford not to buy it.

Re: For sale ads. April 01, 2014 05:16PM
My favorite is wheels without the backset diminsion listed. With a big percentage of tractors having weld on hubs that's kind of critical information. I will not call or give a second look at adds without all pertinent information & that includes price. At least a state for location is also appreciated so I don't have to look up zip code.

Re: For sale ads. April 01, 2014 08:54PM
How bout on Racing Junk where they don't put what the part fits.
Usually it's a smallblock chevy guy, the rest of the world does not exist to them!

Re: For sale ads. April 02, 2014 10:23AM
Everything in the For Sale is priced so crazy high, what is wrong with ppl? They must not want to sell too bad, 400 bucks for steel wheels, 2500 for a used P pump, come on now

Re: For sale ads. April 02, 2014 11:14AM
No one said you had to buy it. Go buy new with your daddy's cash then.

Re: For sale ads. April 03, 2014 01:44AM
Why wouldn't those who advertise on the "For Sale Page" price things high? Many people (not all) are always wanting "a deal", Those individuals that I'm referring to don't think they've gotten that deal unless they buy something advertised for half to two thirds the advertised price. In my case, lets be honest. There are some things I bought at a decent price, some I got "a deal" on and others I paid to much for not really knowing better. Those things that I have bought were paid for with hard earned money. So, if I want to ask a high price when I do sell them, that's my decision. If someone doesn't want to pay that, or at least make an offer, that's up to them.

Re: For sale ads. April 02, 2014 02:43PM
If it doesn't say what engine the parts fit, assume it's IH. That will be the case most of the time, it seems. Popularity has it's advantages (or drawbacks).

Re: For sale ads. April 03, 2014 12:05AM
Awwwww thats a unhappy face reply Sad , maybe next time it will work out

Re: For sale ads. April 03, 2014 01:33AM
I fail to see the prices you listed as crazy high. The p pump example could be roughly half price of new and in some cases less than half. Rims aren't cheap either, especially if they've been widened and professionally painted.

Re: For sale ads. April 03, 2014 05:27AM
Many would still bitch if it were free !!!!!!!!!!! JUST SAYING . We all have opinions,still have that choice.Yes,have you had work done out of house,it is not cheap,$500 for centered rims is not out of line.

Re: For sale ads. April 03, 2014 12:48PM
I gotta ask who in tractor pulling would even consider having work hired out , or buying stuff already built ; must be pretty boys; we build our own stuff , no hair gel here

Re: For sale ads. April 03, 2014 01:23PM
I wish it was easier to post pictures thats all.

Re: For sale ads. April 04, 2014 11:40PM
Just looked at some idems of interest but guess what NO CONTACT#. How do you sell any thing if there is no way to contact the seller? MACK

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,757, Posts: 229,914, Members: 3,335.
This forum: Topics: 37,092, Posts: 226,013.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM