Atlas Disc Break Setup April 02, 2014 12:49PM
Does anybody have any pics of his IH setup? Tried to install them this afternoon and could not get them to bolt on correctly?...I am going to try to Karl this evening but wanting to see if anybody could help with pics to see what I am doing...If i do need to grind where? Thanks in advance!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2014 01:37PM by smithcl7.

Re: Atlas Disc Break Setup April 02, 2014 12:54PM
what your cell number ill send you some pics

Re: Atlas Disc Break Setup April 02, 2014 01:03PM
513-623-5222

Re: Atlas Disc Break Setup April 02, 2014 03:22PM
Here is what I came up with. The 5/8" bolts that fasten the mount to the housing I ended up using allen head bolts so I didn't have the six points to contend with. Then I used a 36 grit flap wheel to clearance the caliper near the mounting ears. The coarse flap wheel really works great on aluminum. In the pic you can see the 5/8" six point bolt head and how it's against the caliper, it just seemed to work better using the allen heads. I've setup three sets like this and they all work great. I can't seem to find any pics of the caliper clearance. Had to resize the pic, hope it shows ok.

Re: Atlas Disc Break Setup April 03, 2014 04:45AM
Did you have to grind on axle at all? The rotor seems really close to rubbing on axle or is the rotor at the very end of bull pinion shaft...seems like it would work its way off after a while

Re: Atlas Disc Break Setup April 03, 2014 12:19PM
It clears, it's right out at the end of the bull pinion shaft, the caliper will keep it from falling off. The attached pic shows the caliper clearanced for the 5/8" allen head mounting bolts. Both "ears" need to be clearanced the same, had to crop the pic down quite a bit to fit on here.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009