Please help Jake March 18, 2009 02:25PM
I just wanted to say thanks to Jake Morgan for again riding in the Tour de Cure. I will donate in your name Jake and I hope others will follow. My son and little tractor pulling buddy was diagnose with type 1 diabetes in september right after our last pull in Ridgeland WI. He is 2 and has to take insulin injections for the rest of his life. I will say that I'm not the type of person to ask anyone for money and I have to say that I to sat on the sidelines for the last few years and used Pulloff.com and never gave anything to the ride. If you could give anything to this cause it would be great. I know times are tight and its not easy to give up hard earned money but I truely feel that every bit can and will make a difference.

Will, Laura, and Hunter Jacobson

Hellfire SS Jefferson,WI

Re: Please help Jake March 19, 2009 02:58AM
Willie,

Thank you for the generous donation, it’s greatly appreciated. I pray that your son will see a day when this disease is cured. I pray that someday diabetes will be a disease of the past. Thanks again for the support.

For anyone else like Willie who sat on the sidelines for the last few years… please find it in your hearts to donate a few dollars to this cause. Your support is greatly appreciated and greatly needed.

Maybe you don’t care about diabetes, maybe you give to other great causes, I can appreciate that, but this is your way to say Thank you to PULLOFF.COM. This is your way to let us know you appreciate the page. This is your way to let us know you care about all the hard work we do to provide this page.

While I appreciate it when I meet people at a pull and they tell me they appreciate the page, it means a great deal more to me to know that people care enough to support me in this cause. A small donation of just a few dollar means you care enough about the page to support something that is so near and dear to my heart.

If you’ve sat on the sidelines I ask you from the bottom of my heart to please donate to this cause. Whether it’s $1 or $100 your donation is greatly appreciated.

At any given time there’s close to $2,000,000 worth is items on the For Sale page. Right now there are 891 ads on the For Sale page, surely those people can find a few extra dollars to say thanks for the Free Ad space. People who have sold parts off this page in the past year… surely you made enough money to find $5, $10, $25 etc… to donate to this cause.

Click Here To Sponsor Me

Thanks to:
Art Wooden/Paul Yates
Willie Jacobson and the Jacobson Pulling Team

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Please help Jake March 20, 2009 12:53AM

A very big thank you to Stan Shelton for his donation to my ADA fundraiser. Stan has helped with every fundraiser I've ever had (even anonymously on a few occasions). I try to stay neutral about who wins an event, but it’s hard not the cheer for someone who’s not only an asset for the sport on the track, but an asset off the track, from the bottom of my heart, thank you Stan.

Also a very, very big thank you also to the wo people who have made anonymous donations. I can’t say enough about each and every donation I’ve received.

I’m taking this fundraiser a little more serious this Spring, my biggest goal with my fundraiser this year is to get more people involved. It’s not about how much you can donate, it’s about everyone making a small donation to say Thank You to PULLOFF.COM.

Click Here To Sponsor Me

Thanks to:
Art Wooden/Paul Yates
Willie Jacobson and the Jacobson Pulling Team
Stan Shelton
Anonymous
Anonymous

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Please help Jake March 24, 2009 06:42AM
I've had some very spotty internet reception the past few days, but I wanted to take some time to thank the new donors on my ADA fundraiser:
  • WPI/NTPA – Gregg Randall is one of the most well respected people in this sport for a reason, and the NTPA has lead pulling for three decades now, and it’s no surprise they are the first organization to donate.

• Coers Diesel - Nick Coers was quick to donate last year, and it's no suprise to see his name again this year. You may also notice Coers Diesel has an enhanced ad on the Builders Directory / Phonebook, and an ad at random on the tops of the pages of PULLOFF.COM, please take a few seconds to check out the products that this generous builder can provide.

• Dan and Jessie MacDonald - Quite possibly some of the nicest people you'll meet at an ESP or NYTPA pull, plus they pull a great looking turbo charged Twd, so I don't need my ear plugs for once.

• Policy Peddler - Longtime contributor to numerous pages on the web and a perenial threat in the ESP and NYTPA mod class.  When Rich hooks to the sled you know it's going to be a hammer down run that has the potential to win.
  • Bob Holbrook - Just because you might see him hanging around with the Everman's at a pull doens't mean Bob's a bad guy!  Actually Bob's a great guy and a ball buster (probably the only reason you see him around Henry or Dave is to bust their balls).  Bob continues to improve his Mod every year, and he always seems to remeber that pulling is fun.

• Justin Shireman - I don't beleive we've ever met, but I hope I get the chance to shake your hand a a pull sometime to say thanks.  If you ever get the chance at a pull please stop by and introduce yourself so I can say thanks in person.

As I mentioned previously I’m taking this fundraiser a little more serious this Spring, my biggest goal with my fundraiser this year is to get more people involved.  It’s not about how much you can donate, it’s about everyone making a small donation to say Thank You to PULLOFF.COM

Click Here To Sponsor Me

Thanks again to:

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2009 10:21PM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Please help Jake April 08, 2009 01:50AM
I’ve gotten a few more donations and I'm in the process of updating the list of donors. Thanks again to everyone so far.

One Other Quick Reminder
If your scared of the online process (you shouldn't be, the ADA is an extremely reputable medical organization) you can send a check. However, DO NOT make the check out to me... make the check out to:

American Diabetes Association

Mail the check to me and I will collect the checks and drop them off the day of the ride, June 7th. I’ve gottena a few check in the mail already, and again… please DO NOT make the check out to me... make the check out to: American Diabetes Association

My mailing address is:

Jake Morgan
P.O. Box 431
Mumford, NY 14511

Personally I prefer the online process, it's easy and it only takes a few seconds. The online process is the process I used when I made my own personal donation. Yes, I not only donate my time, but I also donate my money to this cause.

Click Here To Sponsor Me

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2009 01:52AM by Jake Morgan.

New Donors April 08, 2009 03:27AM
I’d like to thank the following new donors for their generous contributions:
I’ve got a few checks at home and I’ll be adding those names to the list as I get time. I really want to thank the people who have donated. For those who have already donated, if you like your name (on the list below) to appear different, or if you’d like the name of your business/vehicle/sponsor/etc… to appear next to your name just drop me an email. If you’d like you name linked to your business website please also let me know and I’ll add that to you name.

PULLOFF.COM gets thousands and thousands of hits each day, and there are hundreds of ads on the For Sale and Wanted pages and I’m hoping that more and more people will continue to donate to this cause. To all the people who use this page, please take a few minutes to find a dollar or two to donate. It’s not about how much you can donate, but rather it’s about getting more people involved in the donation process.

Click Here To Sponsor Me

Thanks again to the complete list of donors:

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: New Donors April 08, 2009 11:49PM
I’ve got some new names to add to the list of donors… and I’d like to say one thing about the people who have donated so far… every name and every person on this list has been extremely generous. The amount people donate continues to overwhelm me. I can’t say enough about the generosity and the compassion these people have shown.
  • Craig Ladwig – Madness (PS)

• Henry & Sharon Everman – Final Decision (DSS), Mr. Determination (SF) Wild Hare (MOD)

• Rodney Van Noy

• Shawn Buck - Buck Stops Here (HF)

Click Here To Sponsor Me

Again, I like to thank all these people and I’d like to ask everyone to support the businesses and pullers on this list. I try and remain unbiased on this page, but from a personal standpoint it’s hard not to cheer for the kind people that help with this cause that’s so important to us.

To everyone who hasn’t donated… what are you waiting for? A $5 donation won’t break the bank and it won’t bankrupt anyone, but 100% of it will go to a great cause: finding a cure for a disease that destroys families and needlessly takes lives. It’s time to get off the fence and get involved.

Click Here To Get Involved and Sponsor Me

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

From the mailbag... April 18, 2009 01:15AM
I’ve got some new names to add to the list of donors, these are all people who prefer to use the tried and true method of the US postal service. I also want to say thank you to the people who included letters to me about the page, or the people they know with Diabetes. Those letters and those donations are such a huge encouragement to me. It’s all the wonderful people that donate that continue to encourage me to keep PULLOFF.COM alive and well. Again, a heartfelt thank you for the encouragement.
  • Brad Spann

• Dave Walter - Dave Walter Repair

• John Donnersbach - Ruthless (SF)

• Kevin Stears

• Nick Schoeberl - Hillbilly Deluxe (HF)

• Randy Weaver - Sudden Storm (DSS), Formally Super Farmer (PS)

• Scott Christ - Just-4-Fun (SF)

• Tim Kellerman

• Todd J. Pruemer

Click Here To Donate

Again, I like to thank all these people and I’d like to ask everyone to support the businesses and pullers on this list. I try and remain unbiased on this page, but from a personal standpoint it’s hard not to cheer for the kind people that help with this cause that’s so important to us.

To everyone who hasn’t donated… I encourage you to get involved. I’m humbly asking for your help with this fundraiser

Click Here To Donate

Or by Postal Mail...
If you prefer the USPS you can send a check, however, DO NOT make the check out to me... make the check out to: American Diabetes Association. Mail the check to me and I will collect the checks and drop them off the day of the ride, June 7th. Again… please DO NOT make the check out to me... make the check out to: American Diabetes Association

My mailing address is:
Jake Morgan
P.O. Box 431
Mumford, NY 14511

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2009 03:01AM by Jake Morgan.

More from the mailbag... April 18, 2009 03:21AM
I just got back from the post office so I thought it I should add the new donations while I have a spare minute or two. A big thank you to:

Click Here To Donate

Click Here To Donate

Or by Postal Mail...
If you prefer the USPS you can send a check, however, DO NOT make the check out to me... make the check out to: American Diabetes Association. Mail the check to me and I will collect the checks and drop them off the day of the ride, June 7th. Again… please DO NOT make the check out to me... make the check out to: American Diabetes Association

My mailing address is:
Jake Morgan
P.O. Box 431
Mumford, NY 14511

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

I’ve finally got time for an update! May 18, 2009 03:19AM
It’s been a very, very busy month for me. Some of you may have noticed that I haven’t’ been on the page at all lately… the semester has ended and final exams are finally over (yes, I’m a student again after a twelve year hiatus from college). Now that the semester has finally ended I can take some time to update the list of extremely generous donors. This isn’t the complete list, I’m roughly a month behind so it will take a few days to get up to speed, but I’ll be adding names to the list over the next few days so I can get it current again.

For those who haven’t donated yet, or for those who like to wait until the last minute, June 7th is quickly approaching and your support would be greatly appreciated.

One Last Note: If your name is on these lists and I didn’t include the name of your tractor and the class you pull in please email me and let me know. I’d really appreciate knowing who to look for this summer to shake their hand. I’m also interested in looking at what classes helped support me in this cause, and I’d like to help support those classes in any way I can.

Thanks again for all your help and support, it means a great deal to me, and it means a great deal to my father, thanks again to everyone.

New donors to add to the list:
  • Aaron Fox

• Adam Biehl - Adam Biehl Tractor Pulling Parts

• Andy Keyes

• Bradley Gray- Gray Billet Products

• Brian Barman

• Clayton Darlage

• Dan Kirby

• Dan & Heather Mayer – Empire State Pullers

• Dave Warner

• Donald Ross

• Ed Dunham

• Fred Lebahn

• Gregory Whitney - Aircraft Starters Unlimited

• James Moreland

• James Pollock

• James Wiker

• Jason Gray

• Joe Nemetz

• John Mcquoid

• Josh Yantes - Yantes Pulling Team

• Justin Stuckenschneider

• Kathleen Siefert – Renegade Deere (DSS)

• Kevin & Lori Walker – Thunderstruck (SF)

• Kraig Wileman – K&K JD Specialties, Diehard with a Vengeance (PS)

• Larry White

• Lynn Arnold

• Mark Dean

• Matt Kaster – Teachers Pet (SF)

• Matt & Mike Silco

• Michael Langan - Langan Pulling Team

• Monte Tuck

• Nancy & Ken Hale – Another Nite Trouble (DSS)

• Nick McCormick – McCormick Diesel, Nasty Stuff (PS)

• Patrice Beaudry – Crazy Canuck (SSO)

• Randy Sobotka – JD4430 (HF)

• Ray Tellin

• Ray “Razor” Rice - Moody Blue Motorsports (LPS)

• Reese Smoot

• Richard Crowell

• Robert Bell

• Robert, Rose and Krista Bonino – International Incident (LSS)

• Robert Dockery

• Rodney Daiker

• Roger Prough

• Ron Schwaninger

• Ronald Liddle

• Ronnie Greene

• Shane Ondrako

• Stan Williams

• Stephen Aaron

• Stephen Badgett

• Steve Kalinowski

• Steve Kracl

• Stuart Maize – Maize Farms, Billet Binder (PS)

• Ted & Ann Wiewel

• Tim & Kristine Hammons - Silver Creek Fabrication

• Todd Feiss - S'no Farmer (MOD)

• Tom Byers

• Tom Nicholas

• Zachary Holtmeyer

• Click Here To Donate

• Aaron Fox

• Adam & Angela Vaske - Chance Encounter (DSS)

• Andy Keyes

• Annette Van Beek, - Extreme Pleasure Pulling Team (SF)

• Art Wooden/Paul Yates

• Bill Degenhardt

• Bob Holbrook – Rooster 2 (MOD)

• Brad Spann

• Bradley Gray- Gray Billet Products

• Brian Barman

• Brian Shramek - King of Deeres (PS), Git Er Done Deere (PS),Young Blood (DSS), Un-named (ULMOD)

• Chuck Draxler

• Clayton Darlage

• Dan and Jessie MacDonald – Silent Thunder (TWD)

• Dan Kirby

• Dana Marlin - Hook Magazine

• Darren Siebert

• Dave Warner

• Don Slama – Fast and Furious (SF), Slama Enterprises

• Donald Ross

• Ed Dunham

• Ed & Beth Orrell

• Fred Lebahn

• Gregg Randall - National Tractor Pullers Association - WPI/NTPA

• Henry & Sharon Everman – Final Decision (DSS), Mr. Determination (SF) Wild Hare (MOD)

• James Moreland

• James Pollock

• James Wiker

• Jason Gray

• Jason Snyder - Snyder Fabricating

• Joe Nemetz

• John Banet

• John Mcquoid

• Justin Shireman

• Kendall Foland

• Kevin Stears

• Kristi Chastain – Lucas Oil Pro Pulling League - PPL

• Larry White

• Lynn Arnold

• Mark Dean

• Mark Hawthorn – Hawthorn Tire Curing, Lil' Green Giant (LLSS)

• Matt & Mike Silco

• Monte Tuck

• Nic Coers - Coers Diesel

• Ray Tellin

• Reese Smoot

• Rich Rockefeller - Policy Peddler (MOD)

• Richard Crowell

• Robert Bell

• Robert Dockery

• Rodney Daiker

• Rodney Van Noy

• Roger Prough

• Ron Schwaninger

• Ronald Liddle

• Ronnie Greene

• Ross Castner – Real Deal (PS), Castner's Performance Systems

• Shane Ondrako

• Stan Shelton – General Tire Cutting Edge (TWD), Sawmill Express (TWD), Shel-Shocked (MOD)

• Stan Williams

• Stephen Aaron

• Steve Badgett

• Steve Kalinowski

• Steve Kracl

• Tad Ingram

• Ted & Ann Wiewel

• Tim Kellerman

• Todd J. Pruemer

• Tom Byers

• Tom Gallitz – Runnin In The Red (SF)

• Tom Nicholas

• Tony Hassebroek

• Wade Jackson – Southern Kentucky Pulling Parts (SKPPARTS)

• Wayne Girbach

• Willie Jacobson - Jacobson Pulling Team

• Zachary Holtmeyer

Click Here To Donate

Or by Postal Mail...

My mailing address is:
    Jake Morgan
    P.O. Box 431
    Mumford, NY 14511

Jake Morgan
    Owner, PULLOFF.COM
    Independent Pulling News

More people to thank! May 28, 2009 04:14AM
    I’m not completely up to date with this list yet, but here are a few more names of people who have donated:

• Brad Kruchten

• John Hoffmann – Red Power (LSS)

• Lee Jensen

• Tim Wieberg

• Mark Kassebaum

• Mike Bartoszewski – Destination 300 (TWD)

• Peter Taber

• Randy Geesling - OFB® in Memory of Paul Yates

Click Here To Donate

• Aaron Fox

• Adam & Angela Vaske - Chance Encounter (DSS)

• Andy Keyes

• Annette Van Beek, - Extreme Pleasure Pulling Team (SF)

• Art Wooden/Paul Yates

• Bill Degenhardt

• Bob Holbrook – Rooster 2 (MOD)

• Brad Spann

• Brad Gray- Gray Billet Products

• Brad Kruchten

• Brian Barman

• Brian Shramek - King of Deeres (PS), Git Er Done Deere (PS),Young Blood (DSS), Un-named (ULMOD)

• Chuck Draxler

• Clayton Darlage

• Dan and Jessie MacDonald – Silent Thunder (TWD)

• Dan Kirby

• Dana Marlin - Hook Magazine

• Darren Siebert

• Dave Warner

• Don Slama – Fast and Furious (SF), Slama Enterprises

• Donald Ross

• Ed Dunham

• Ed & Beth Orrell

• Fred Lebahn

• Gregg Randall - National Tractor Pullers Association - WPI/NTPA

• James Moreland

• James Pollock

• James Wiker

• Jason Gray

• Jason Snyder - Snyder Fabricating

• Joe Nemetz

• John Banet

• John Hoffmann – Red Power (LSS)

• John Mcquoid

• Justin Shireman

• Kendall Foland

• Kevin Stears

• Kristi Chastain – Lucas Oil Pro Pulling League - PPL

• Larry White

• Lee Jensen

• Lynn Arnold

• Mark Dean

• Mark Hawthorn – Hawthorn Tire Curing, Lil' Green Giant (LLSS)

• Mark Kassebaum

• Matt & Mike Silco

• Mike Bartoszewski – Destination 300 (TWD)

• Monte Tuck

• Nic Coers - Coers Diesel

• Peter Taber

• Randy Geesling - OFB® in Memory of Paul Yates

• Ray Tellin

• Reese Smoot

• Rich Rockefeller - Policy Peddler (MOD)

• Richard Crowell

• Robert Bell

• Robert Dockery

• Rodney Daiker

• Rodney Van Noy

• Roger Prough

• Ron Schwaninger

• Ronald Liddle

• Ronnie Greene

• Ross Castner – Real Deal (PS), Castner's Performance Systems

• Shane Ondrako

• Stan Shelton – General Tire Cutting Edge (TWD), Sawmill Express (TWD), Shel-Shocked (MOD)

• Stan Williams

• Stephen Aaron

• Steve Badgett

• Steve Kalinowski

• Steve Kracl

• Tad Ingram

• Ted & Ann Wiewel

• Tim Kellerman

• Tim Wieberg

• Todd J. Pruemer

• Tom Byers

• Tom Gallitz – Runnin In The Red (SF)

• Tom Nicholas

• Tony Hassebroek - H&H Motorsports, Bankrupt Binder (SF)

• Wade Jackson – Southern Kentucky Pulling Parts (SKPPARTS)

• Wayne Girbach

• Willie Jacobson - Jacobson Pulling Team

• Zachary Holtmeyer

Click Here To Donate

Or by Postal Mail...

My mailing address is:
    Jake Morgan
    P.O. Box 431
    Mumford, NY 14511

Jake Morgan
    Owner, PULLOFF.COM
    Independent Pulling News

Re: More people to thank! May 28, 2009 11:41AM
    Did you know that 1 in 3 children born in the year 2000 will develop Diabetes by the time they are 55 if present trends continue? How about the fact that every 20 seconds someone is diagnosed with Diabetes? This disease doesn’t just effect only a few, it impacts a huge portion of this country. Thanks again to all those who have helped support me so far, and thank you to the following new donors:

Click Here To Donate

Again, I like to thank all these people and I’d like to ask everyone to support the businesses and pullers on this list. I try and remain unbiased on this page, but from a personal standpoint it’s hard not to cheer for these wonderful people that help with this cause that’s so important to PULLOFF.COM

Click Here To Donate

Or by Postal Mail...

My mailing address is:
    Jake Morgan
    P.O. Box 431
    Mumford, NY 14511

Jake Morgan
    Owner, PULLOFF.COM
    Independent Pulling News

Re: SmilingTHANKS for your support March 20, 2009 02:49AM
    Will, Laura, and Hunter;
    Jake and I want to thank you for your contribution and your words of encouragement. As your family knows the American Diabetes Assoc., through their “TourdeCure” bike rides can make great strides in the fight against this horrible disease. With people like you that have taken your time and money to support Jake and his wife Sarah on this fund drive your son will hopefully have a bright and healthy future. For the Morgan/pulloff.com family, Jake and Sarah's ride is for kids like your son.

8 years ago April 08, 2009 05:23AM
    The 6th of April was the 8th anniversary of my daughter Kassidy’s death from complications from Type 1 Diabetes. While the Morgan family has come to find PEACE, through Christ with Kassidy’s passing, there are many other families that are living with the fear and heartache that this horrible disease brings. These families still need your help.

If you have ever bought an item through the “for sale” page or sold an item using the “wanted” section, or used the page to promote your local pull, PLEASE consider a donation to this great cause. Please help Jake and Sarah make their 100 mile ride a great success for American Diabetes Association. A heartfelt Thank You!

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
    Independent Pulling News

Thumbs UpSelf-Centered vs. Self-SacrificeThumbs Up April 13, 2009 02:16AM
    Some of you may have noticed that the For Sale and Wanted pages are down. I thought it was a great time of year to think about sacrifice. With Easter just yesterday, it’s the season of sacrifice, the greatest sacrifice of all was celebrated last weekend. With the Easter season ending I want people to think about what small sacrifice they can afford to make.

Self-Centered vs. Self-Sacrifice - We are an increasingly self centered society, and unfortunately the pulling community is no exception. I can’t tell you how many email I’ve received over the past few years demanding things: send me pictures, wirte about X, delete this, do that, etc… Sometimes it feels like it’s all about me, me, me, what can I get. I think people need a little perspective, I think people need an eye-opener from time to time. I think we can all chip in and do our part, however big or small that part is. We can all get self-centered, self-involved (me included) so lets take a few seconds and a few dollar to make a difference.

My ADA fundraiser is not about me… it’s not about my father… heck it’s not even about my sister, it’s about putting someone (or a group of someones) ahead of ourselves. It’s about thinking about the needs of other people and doing a little bit to give hope to someone else. It’s about a small sacrifice for someone other than ourselves.

It’s not about giving all your money away, it’s not about how much you can give, it’s simple about giving something, anything...

Donate Now

It’s the perfect time of year to put the needs of others ahead of the needs of ourselves. It’s the perfect time of year to skip a lunch and donate $5, $10, $25, etc… and make a small sacrifice for someone else. A small sacrifice for your fellow man.

Jake Morgan
    Owner, PULLOFF.COM
    Independent Pulling News

Re: Thumbs UpSelf-Centered vs. Self-SacrificeThumbs Up April 14, 2009 02:11AM
    Dick and Jake, I have been thinking about posting a comment to you for awhile now about donating to your cause. In this post, you have said that the pulling community is no exception to being a self-centered society. So now it's time to respond. YOU need to stop and think. Just because I have never personally donated to YOU, doesn't mean that I do not donate to causes that are special to me. I will be walking in Indianapolis on saturday April 18 in the SUSAN G. KOMEN race for the Cure.(I did not demand) that you sponsor me. But for me, this is something small that I can do to show support to friends in the pulling community who are recovering from or may have just been diagnosed with breast cancer. I love to give to the MAKE-WISH kids at Bowling Green. If I don't buy anything at the auction, I make sure I give a donation. I was glad to help a special friend in their walk for the SMA (spinal muscular atrophy) in Iowa. How about our neighbors in their cause for the American Cancer Society and the Lymphoma society. Yes, I donate to the American Diabetes to help support ALOT of relatives with diabetes. And the most special to me, for the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation (UDMF) to help support a very special little girl in our pulling community. The walk to raise money for the association is Oct. 3. in Noblesvile, IN. Will you be there? I feel like when I read your posts, you are demanding money for this. I also think that many families have had serious eye-openers in their lives by family members or friends being diagnosed with a serious disease or accident. This may should have been a private email to share MY thoughts about this to you, Kathy Petro

Re: Thumbs UpSelf-Centered vs. Self-SacrificeThumbs Up April 14, 2009 04:06AM
    Katy;

Thanks for your post, and I’m glad that you choose to use the “feedback page”. I know that what you are saying is on many people’s minds, that the Morgan’s are demanding money for the ADA. I can tell you personally that Jake struggles every year with the fund drive and the best way to approach it. And NO every puller is NOT self centered and selfish, the list of wonderful people and companies that have decided to donate is truly gratifying. I think the decision to temporarily shut down the “for sale” and “wanted” page was Jake’s attempt to get peoples attention, to say Ha, please help pulloff.com.

What Jake and I are trying to do [poorly some times] is ask people that use the services of pulloff.com to help us. The people that sell a $75,000 vehicle or a $75.00 part or the people that use the page to promote their pull, or the guy that wants photos for their tee shirts. The people that we help to help us, to make Jake’s ride for American Diabetes a success.

I know, for me that the death of my Daughter Kassidy from complications of Type 1 Diabetes, this fund drive is real personal, my way of honoring her name and a HOPE those other families will not be touched by this disease. And yes, maybe we error on our approach, but please remember the message and not the messenger.

I wish you nothing but the greatest success on the charities that you have chosen to support, good luck.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
    Independent Pulling News

Two way street April 14, 2009 06:23AM
    Kathy,

First, I echo the sentiments of my father: I think it’s great that you support all those causes. They are each near and dear to your heart for special reasons, and I commend you for all your support of those various charities. I give a very sincere thank you for selflessly giving to support others in need.

Second, I want to clarify why I think people should consider donating to the ADA on my behalf and how I see my role in this fundraiser: I don’t demand that you sponsor me (a side note, remember the money goes to the ADA not me), I ask for your help, but I don’t demand it. I ask in numerous ways, and I ask in ways that will grab people attention so that a cause which is so important to me doesn’t just get brushed aside.

Here’s how I see my fundraiser…

You (not necessarily you specifically, just a hypothetical “you”) call me to come to your house and fix your plumbing, I’m pretty handy so I do it and I leave and don’t ask for payment or anything in return. As I leave I say “if there is anything else you need just let me know”, and I happily head on my way back home. A few weeks later you ask me to fix your drywall... I do, and again I don’t ask for anything in return and leave with a smile. A few days later you borrow my truck… “no problem, here are the keys”.... you ask me to mow your lawn… “sure I’ll lend a hand, anything I can do to help”. I happily agree to do all those things for you for no payment, just because. You have some old furniture, clothes, and shoes you want to sell and I have a great corner lot on a very busy street and I let you have a garage sale in my yard and again I don’t ask for anything in return, heck I even clean up my yard for you when you leave. You start a business selling Jelly Beans, and I tell everyone I know about your business, and soon some of my friends are your regular customers, and your business is profitable. Again, I don’t ask for anything, no finders fee, not payment, I just smile and go on my way.

Now let’s imagine I do all those thing for you: as well as your friends, some of your neighbors, and tons and tons of other people. It would be a pretty big pool of people in no time. All the time asking for nothing in return from anyone.

Why would I ask for nothing in return? Well, maybe I think it’s the right thing to do, maybe I think I can help people who need help. Maybe I’m just a little crazy or a little simple. The truth is it’s merely a decision I’ve made for whatever reason(s) (I’m really the only one who know why I do all those things, but I’ve decided too). I’ve decided to spend a great deal of my time and some of my money driving back and forth to your house, and everyone else’s house, all the while asking for nothing.

So here’s the catch, one day while I’m at your fixing the light above your kitchen table and I’m quietly working along and we’re just talking and I mention that I’m raising money for a fund raiser, would you like to sponsor me? Do you have $1, $5, some spare change? The choice is 100% yours. You can choose donate and get your purse, you can say you don’t care about Diabetes you can tell me you not interested. You can tell me not this year, maybe next year, it’s 100% your choice. (I’m guessing 9 times out of 10 you find at least a few dollars, maybe more).

Again, I don’t demand anything, I simply ask. Now let’s say I continue to help you for years on end, maybe even a decade or more of free help just because I’m either a nice guy or a little simple (most likely simple).

Once a year I ask for a small favor, nothing much, no set dollar amount, no demands, just ask. That’s how I view my Diabetes fundraiser.

I provide services, obviously I don’t mow laws and fix drywall for everyone, but what I provide is still a service, or rather services. Whether it’s letting your have a Garage Sale in my yard (For Sale page) or any of the other service on this page (promoting your business, promoting your event, free photos, etc… they are all free services, I get nothing in return.

Now lets go back to my hypothetical situation where I mow and fix, and let you borrow my truck… as with all relationships, if it’s too one sided it’s not going to work out too well. If it’s all me giving and you taking it’s doomed and headed for disaster. However if there’s give and take, it’s got a much better chance for a long term relationship.

I’m simply asking that we have a two way relationship. I help you, you help me. PULLOFF.COM is a friendly privilege, it’s not a right. I don’t have to come to your house to mow your lawn if I don’t want to, anymore than I don’t have to let people post ads if I don’t want to. Sure 99.9999999% of the time I let people because I’m friendly, but I don’t have to. It’s a two way street.

I hope this help people understand how I see my fundraising. Again, I’m not demanding anything, I’m simply asking for a hand once a year when I need help.

For those who have given or are planning on giving: it’s once a year and there is no set amount, please give freely and please give what your conscience tells you to give.

Also a huge thank you to all the people who donated yesterday. There were about 40 people total, and I’m overwhelmed by the generosity. It’s humbling to say the least. Thank you again to all of you who make PULLOFF.COM a two way street, you efforts and donations are wholeheartedly appreciated.

Donate Now

OR...

If your scared of the online process (you shouldn't be, the ADA is an extremely reputable medical organization) you can send a check. However, DO NOT make the check out to me... make the check out to: American Diabetes Association. Then simply mail the check to me and I will collect the checks and drop them off the day of the ride, June 7th. I’ve gotten a few check in the mail already, and again… please DO NOT make the check out to me... make the check out to: American Diabetes Association

My mailing address is:

Jake Morgan
    P.O. Box 431
    Mumford, NY 14511

Jake Morgan
    Owner, PULLOFF.COM
    Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2009 06:24AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Two way street May 31, 2009 02:24PM
    I listen to NPR (National Public Radio) on the weekends. I like “Car Talk” and a few other shows, I don’t always agree with the political views of the shows, but I’m still entertained. Even though I like listening to NPR, I particularly hate when it’s time for their pledge drive. It’s usually every few months and lasts for a few weeks. All the shows get interrupted and it’s just downright annoying. I admit I hate that each show gets interrupted by some people telling me I should give money to support the station. Fortunately for NPR their annoying tactics of work, they work well enough that a cheapskate like me has even given to their fundraisers.

Unfortunately I’ve had to use the same tactics on a few occasions. Fortunately I’ve only used the disruption of service tactic two times this year, once a few months ago and again today. Despite how annoying the tactic is, it works. It grabs people’s attention; it lets everyone know just how serious this fundraiser is to me. I’m not holding anyone hostage, you are more than free to use other sites, I’m just raising peoples awareness to this cause I hold close to my heart.

I don’t really know who hates this fundraiser more… me, or all the people who read this page. Honestly it’s probably me, I know everybody else probably hates this fundraiser as well, but I hate almost everything about this fundraiser. I hate asking people to give to this (or any cause). I hate begging people to show their appreciation for the work and money I put into this site. I hate people accusing me of holding them hostage. I hate having to explain to people that this page is a privilege and not a right. I hate having to defend a once a year fundraiser where no one is obligate to donate. I hate continually explaining that a donation is 100% your choice, donate, don’t donate… it’s your choice. I hate having to explain that 100% of the money goes directly to the ADA. I hate having to defend myself of stealing the money when it goes directly to the ADA.

So here’s what I like: I like knowing that in some small way I help make a difference. I like knowing that this great community that we are a part of… the pulling community is made up of some really great people. I love going to a pull and running into someone that donated and getting a chance to thank them. I Love knowing that I’ve met some of the nicest people through this site and through this sport.

I’m not the greatest wordsmith, and I can never seem to find the words to describe how thankful I am for each and every name on that list. From the bottom of my heart I offer my sincerest thank you.

For anyone still on the fence, there’s still time:

Donate Now

OR...

Or if your don’t like the online process there’s still time to mail a check that I will drop off the day of the ride, June 7th.

I’ve gotten more checks in the mail this year than and other year so there are plenty of people out there who still prefer the USPS. One note: DO NOT make the check out to me... make the check out to: American Diabetes Association

My mailing address is:

Jake Morgan
    P.O. Box 431
    Mumford, NY 14511

For those of you who choose not to donate… that fine, I don’t hold that against you, and rest assured the page will be back to normal in less than a week. I looking forward to getting back to pulling and starting the summer season. I’m looking forward to getting everything back to free business as usual.

Jake Morgan
    Owner, PULLOFF.COM
    Independent Pulling News

Re: Two way street June 01, 2009 01:43AM
    are the donations you received in the mail on the list of donaters on the site? or are they listed as annominus,,

Re: Two way street June 01, 2009 02:05AM
    I think all the donations I received in the mail are on the complete list of donors. If you sent a check and you don’t see your name on the list please email me and I’ll make sure I received it and I’ll add it to the list. Also if your name is on the list and I didn’t include your tractor name and the class you pull in, or your business name, please email me so I can include that on the list as well.

To John Banet, or anyone who knows John, I emailed you back last week and I emailed you back from two different accounts yesterday, hopefully you got my email, but I know AOL has some pretty annoying spam email filters… so if you didn’t get my email… I got your check and your name has been on the list since April 18th. Thank you so much for the donation, and thanks to everyone for their donations.

I’ve still got to update the list for the donors who donated yesterday so here is the complete list as of May 28th:

Click Here To Donate

Jake Morgan
    Owner, PULLOFF.COM
    Independent Pulling News

Re: Please help Jake April 13, 2009 12:11PM
    I sold our chassis on Jake's page in 36 hrs. This For Sale page is certainly the most viewed media to market pulling parts and it works. I just donated 1% of the sale to the Tour de Cure and I challenge anyone selling something on this page to do the same. Try to find someone who will offer a selling service for just 1%... We can all afford to support Jake and Dick in this. Are you up to the challenge???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2009 12:58AM by Dick Morgan.

Re:Thumbs Up Please help Jake April 13, 2009 10:22PM
    Patrice;
    Thanks for your donation and your kind words. As everyone knows, pulloff.com is deeply committed to the American Diabetes “TourdeCure” bike a thon. As Jake said “this is not about him or me or even Kassidy, it’s about the millions of kids and adults that are afflicted with this horrible disease. Please help support Jake and Sarah on their 100 mile ride to help raise funds for this worthy cause.

PS; can’t wait to see the new “Canuck”, good luck and once again THANK YOU!

PSS; Jake and I want to thank everyone that has donated to the fund drive. Your support of not only the fund drive but pulloff.com is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The list that have donated to the "TourdeCure" fund drive!

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
    Independent Pulling News

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2009 12:31AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Re:Thumbs Up Please help Jake June 02, 2009 03:00PM
    I know it has already been said but Iam going to say it again. Dont be like me and
    think that this illness cant affect you or your family.I never dreamed that my 17 year
    old daughter { at that time ] could have type 1 diabeties I was wrong ! She is doing
    fine today . But without reserch and testing we could have lost her. So its important
    to donate to a good cause Good luck Jake and thank you.

Re: Please help Jake June 02, 2009 03:27PM
    You sound like a broken record ! The check was made out to the American
    Diabeties As. pretty hard for him to cash it!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
    Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
    Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
    This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009