I have seen it all now April 16, 2014 02:23PM
[www.youtube.com]

Re: I have seen it all now April 16, 2014 02:29PM
seems set up kinda fake. can't believe it broke. truck was a real peach

Re: I have seen it all now April 17, 2014 01:18AM
Didn't TNT motorsports used to have a guy that did this with an old pickup? seems like the bed would pull off, then the truck would break in half (similar setup)

Re: I have seen it all now April 17, 2014 01:35AM
In the mid 80's at the Indy super-pull they had the same thing.

Re: I have seen it all now April 17, 2014 01:38AM
We had a local with a Chevy Citation that would do the same thing, kind of funny the first time you see it.

Re: I have seen it all now April 17, 2014 01:41AM
There was a guy that came to one of the locals fairs 20 or so years ago that called himself Corky Short that put on this same exhibition with a very similar truck. The pull (and truck separation) were preceded by some banter between him and the track announcer, him "demanding" to be allowed to hook and the announcer finally "relenting" and letting him. While driving onto the track and backing up to the sled, I remember noticing that the truck had an awful lot of bow, bounce and wobble, in retrospect because the frame behind the cab had been weakened somehow. Of course no one knew what was about to happen, but after about 50 feet and some hard sawing on the wheel, presumably to flex the frame enough to make it break, the truck came in half and he drove the front half of it around for a bit. Parked in front of the announcer's stand, got out, and had a bit more banter with the announcer, got back in, and drove away on the front half. The whole thing was put on, of course, but the crowd loved it.

Re: I have seen it all now April 17, 2014 04:35AM
If you look, there isn't even a driveshaft going to the rear wheels. Sure it's put on, but no doubt a crowd pleaser for a bunch of folks.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,778, Posts: 229,950, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009