FL70 recreational license April 20, 2014 11:03AM
Im looking at a fl70 that's 26,000gvw. I was going to put a flat bed on it for hauling a pulling truck. Does anyone know how to register one as recreational?

Re: FL70 recreational license April 20, 2014 01:43PM
Just buy mine- air ride, air brakes, 8.3 Cummins, low miles, and already registered as an RV. kbtoolz@gmail.com

Re: FL70 recreational license April 20, 2014 11:04PM
Don't want the 8.3 or the sleeper. The one I'm looking at is a 5.9 6spd for $3k ready to go just need to build a flathead and beaver tail with ramps. Then I have a hauler for less than buying a trailer.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 20, 2014 11:31PM
Good luck licensing it as a rv without a sleeper on it. Sounds to me that you would be better of with a old school bus and shorten the body way up and save 2 seats on each side.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 20, 2014 11:54PM
I don't know what state you are from. But have heard from more than one Ohio State Highway patrolmen that they going to start a big crack down on rv and farm tags this summer. Plus if you get in a wreck and it's a truck tag as a rv that is not a rv you better have a good lawyer. Plus if it is a cdl truck to start with. Your just asking for trouble.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 21, 2014 01:38AM
It is being built so I DON'T need a trailer. I have a class A cdl so if I have to go that route no problem just plates are expensive. I live in Michigan.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 21, 2014 04:25AM
Wow... That's pretty cut dry. Sounds like the Highway Patrol is going to be having fun this summer.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 21, 2014 01:04PM
I'd pay a bit more for the 8.3!!!!!!!
The 5.9 will get you there. Eventually.
Not sure you can get a non sleeper equipped truck RV'ed in any state.
Doesn't matter how heavy you license for, it is what the truck mfg. says it is capable of hauling that determines the 26,000 lb. deal. You can tag it for 5 tons, but if O.E.M. Tagged it @ 33,000 (for example), DOT will go with 33,000.
And DOT will not give a rats behind if it has squirt brakes, or wind, if it is tagged by OEM for over 26,000, you will need CDL, unless you get it RV'ed.
Since you have a CDL, and have your heart set on this "truck", just get ready to buy the expensive tags (and insurance).

Re: FL70 recreational license April 21, 2014 10:48PM
I guess I'll just see what plates are and insurance. It's only going to haul 8000lbs at the most. I was planning on turning it up and putting twins on it and making it a sweet looking ride.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 21, 2014 12:25AM
Does it have air or juice brakes? You dont need cdl for juice brakes. Depends on how much you haul/register it. Stay under 26k total weight and pull trl less than 10k lbs.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 21, 2014 12:27AM
Here is some of the Ohio revised code. Pretty plain for those who live in Ohio.

(Q) "Recreational vehicle" means a vehicular portable structure that meets all of the following conditions:

(1) It is designed for the sole purpose of recreational travel.

(2) It is not used for the purpose of engaging in business for profit.

(3) It is not used for the purpose of engaging in intrastate commerce.

(4) It is not used for the purpose of commerce as defined in 49 C.F.R. 383.5, as amended.

(5) It is not regulated by the public utilities commission pursuant to Chapter 4905., 4921., or 4923. of the Revised Code.

(6) It is classed as one of the following:

(a) "Travel trailer" means a nonself-propelled recreational vehicle that does not exceed an overall length of thirty-five feet, exclusive of bumper and tongue or coupling, and contains less than three hundred twenty square feet of space when erected on site. "Travel trailer" includes a tent-type fold-out camping trailer as defined in section 4517.01 of the Revised Code.

(b) "Motor home" means a self-propelled recreational vehicle that has no fifth wheel and is constructed with permanently installed facilities for cold storage, cooking and consuming of food, and for sleeping

Re: FL70 recreational license April 21, 2014 01:39AM
Not sure if it's air brakes or not looking at it this week.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 23, 2014 01:21PM
By the ORC, Using a toter/motor-home/ Recreational Vehicle..... hauling a toy that you pay to enter competition and receive prize money, is illegal.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 23, 2014 01:29PM
Yes.... You get a check. NOW the gray area... It's not illegal cause you don't make a living from that check you got.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 23, 2014 01:32PM
WRONG.....Any truck driver could claim that.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 23, 2014 01:36PM
That's the word I got from the office in Columbus!

Re: FL70 recreational license April 23, 2014 01:42PM
What office? Call a reputable Accountant. Not some person on the end of the phone. Even the OSP does not know all the rules. No cop does. Get your ass in a bind and you'll wish you were better informed. Going on a hiking trip is recreation, tractor pulling is commerce. Any time money is exchanged it's commerce. Why do you think you get 1099's?

Re: FL70 recreational license April 23, 2014 10:40PM
Would also like to say when you put any sticker on the hauler from a sponsor you a also a commercial vehicle then. All I can say is you better hope when you do get in to some sort of wreck, even if it's not you fault and the other person knows or has a lawyer that knows anything about the law you will lose and lose big. Plus if your using a farm tag that directly puts your entire farm at risk since the truck is part of the farm. To me it's a whole lot cheaper to just follow the law than risk it.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 24, 2014 01:03AM
To RE ORC, you may want to find a different accountant... Just because you get a 1099 doesn't mean you are in business or hauling in commerce. I get 1099's every year and they are filed under a "hobby" on my taxes because after 5 years I could not turn a profit. I know laws vary by state, however I know for a fact that tagging a truck as an RV for what we are doing is totally legit in NYS as my uncle is the retired head of DOT in NYS. Just because you have a slip of paper that has class A on it doesn't mean you should be driving down the road, hell half the foreigners driving trucks up and down the road can't speak or read english... Just because you have a DOT physical doesn't mean you should be driving up and down the road in a truck, have you seen a lot of the guys getting in and out of trucks at truck stops? You just sound like a bitter independent truck driver to me...

Re: FL70 recreational license April 24, 2014 03:39AM
And,And,And,And............Just because your a puller, does not qualify you to drive a truck. AND, once you leave your state you are now Interstate. Thanks for the tip though, now I can claim all that money as a hobby that I make every year because I don't make enough profit. My accountant is already laughing his ass off.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 24, 2014 05:17AM
So according to you the all mighty trucker, what "qualifies" anyone to drive a truck? You're on here getting all bent out of shape about how a truck is tagged, what does that have to do with the qualifications of the driver? So you're saying that an over the road trucker isn't qualified to drive his RV on the weekends because it's tagged as an RV? That's your logic at work... An RV has no GVW go and check when you try to register one. An RV also has not restrictions for state lines. I don't know why you think it "the right thing to do" to spend thousands of dollars a year to register a truck commercially to haul your hobby vehicle a few thousand miles a year, that's idiotic. Would you rather see people haul around their 10,000 # prostock tractor inside a 45' enclosed trailer with all the gear, spare parts, ect. behind a pickup? You want to talk about safety???

And for your last awesome statement:

"Thanks for the tip though, now I can claim all that money as a hobby that I make every year because I don't make enough profit."

Look us the meaning of profit... My statement said nothing about enough profit. Pullers make NO profit, we go in the hole EVERY year, I don't care how good you are. The definition of profit is revenue-expenses, when your revenue is not greater than your expenses you make NO profit. Now rethink your statement if you are able... smarty

Re: FL70 recreational license April 23, 2014 02:34PM
I think most of us know we are pushing the envelope but I also think there needs to be a middle ground between what we do and what truckers do. I put on 10 to 12 thousand miles a year they do that in two weeks. I often wonder about Gospel groups that make money and travel the same as we do,in an RV...are they going to get the same treatment?

S'no Farmer

Re: FL70 recreational license April 23, 2014 04:22PM
How would you decide what would be middle ground. A 80+ ft long truck is equally deadly hauling tractors or hauling freight. The attitude has been that I can afford a 500,000.00 truck and that qualifies me to operate it on public highways.If anything non-professionals should be held to a higher standard, not less. When there's a crash there's little comfort in knowing it was tagged RV or Commercial to those that are maimed for life. You cannot buy a Helicopter or high performance aircraft and act the same way. The FAA has teeth and will use them.

Do any of you; or are any of you old enough to; remember Thurman Munson? There was a huge uproar when he was killed in his pricey jet without the skills to fly it. I'm amazed at the farmers and pullers that are born with the skill to buy a semi and hop in and cruise amongst seasoned drivers. No training no license, no medical card. These could be one of the numerous things that could get your assets on the auction block. Going to all the trouble and risk just to scam the system is lame. Just hope the Hazmat boys never get your number.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 24, 2014 05:08AM
I guess the middle ground I'm talking about is some sort of license that would test your skill at handling your rig but not having to follow all of the rules of a commercial trucking company. Most truckers I have talked to hate all of the regulations that they have to follow so why do you think pullers would embrace them? And yes I know your answer is going to be, protection from liability and the safe operation of a big rig. I get that but let's find something in the middle. I have ran most anything with wheels,tracks or rudders,(as have most pullers) a lot of truckers are weaned off of tv and the couch having expiriance with running a car,who do you want to be on the road with?

I was once was a tow boat operator and had to get a coast guard license, took me six months of on the job training as well as a week in Memphis, Tn for school and testing. When all was said and done no-one tested my skills on the river at the helm of a boat. I thought that that was pretty trusting on their part. As it was I could have taken a large tow boat with 15 barges from Cincinnati to New Orleans with no questions asked. That is a little scary,I was very surprised that there was no on the water testing.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 24, 2014 10:08AM
sno,,, So you'd be okay if I bought a boat and just started taking barges down the river? In this country we have rules for a reason, and they are not necessarily to lessen ones liability. Legitimate trucking operations pay for the infrastructure that those of you that want to get out of paying your share via loopholes, or down right lies. I suppose those up north would not mind if I showed up with my new sled and used the trails without paying. What if I showed up at your place and just used your facility any way I saw fit,with out paying you? Why should pullers get special treatment especially if they are not engaged in "commerce". Why should you get a pass on contributing to the system that you keep enjoying with out paying for it.

As far as truckers hating regulations, the highways would be chaos with out them. According to the Federal DOT, truck drivers operating vehicles under the influence is at epidemic levels. Whether or not, the pullers would embrace the rules that govern large trucks, is not their choice to make. If you have assets you should consider whether cheating the system out of a few bucks is worth it.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 24, 2014 11:21AM
First off if you read what I said, I was very supprised that the testing wasn't more detailed. Like when you take a CDL driving test.

I'm not sure where you get that we use the roads free of charge,I pay plenty of taxes for fuel,state taxes...this list could go on for a long long time. Every tax payer helps pay for the federal highway system through their federal taxes. Truckers pay more through their fuel taxes and other fees because trucks are harder on the roads than cars. No I don't pay as much as trucking does but I don't use the roads as much. I use the roads about 1\10 as much as the average trucker.

Yes it may be that a lot of pullers push the rules but I'm saying some of these rules need to be revised.

I'm not smart enough to have answers for what you think everyone is doing wrong and just hope everyone has a safe summer.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 24, 2014 12:55PM
S'no Farmer
First off if you read what I said, I was very supprised that the testing wasn't more detailed. Like when you take a CDL driving test.

I'm not sure where you get that we use the roads free of charge,I pay plenty of taxes for fuel,state taxes...this list could go on for a long long time. Every tax payer helps pay for the federal highway system through their federal taxes. Truckers pay more through their fuel taxes and other fees because trucks are harder on the roads than cars. No I don't pay as much as trucking does but I don't use the roads as much. I use the roads about 1\10 as much as the average trucker.

Yes it may be that a lot of pullers push the rules but I'm saying some of these rules need to be revised.

I'm not smart enough to have answers for what you think everyone is doing wrong and just hope everyone has a safe summer.

I think you are mistaken as to how the highways are paid for.

Commercial licenses have nothing to do with miles traveled. One or a million same tag.

The change you are going to get is that RV's can not have 5th wheels. That will be be the first change you are going to get for abusing the system. It always works that way. Some will milk the system and then everyone gets burnt. Before it is over you'll be learning what professional drivers have had to put up with to for years. Once the 5th wheels are gone you had better peel all those decals off as they will be a DOT magnet.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 24, 2014 01:43PM
Have nice evening, no use in debating this any longer. Your not going to see another side of the coin

S'no Farmer

Re: FL70 recreational license April 24, 2014 02:04PM
Actually I do see the other side of the coin, that's why I'm against letting every hack drive on our highways with something they are not qualified for.
You mentioned the CDL test. It may surprise you as to how many could not pass the written test or the driving test. Along with that CDL you are supposed to get a book that is the federal side and some of the restrictions in that book are enough to get you back to leaning on a shovel. Some government agencies actually had to get waivers on the medical card, or endure the wrath of public employees unions over drug test results. Those without a medical card do not have a valid CDL.

From what I hear, pullers, especially the ones that farm are such superior operators that the CDL and the license should just be pocket change , so what's the problem? If those expenses are out of your budget, you should reconsider if this is for you.It's your problem to solve.

to ORC April 24, 2014 11:23AM
You can rag on the pullers for trying to save a few bucks, but what about all the racers that are running around with the the big tandem axle RV's pulling stacker trailers with 2 dirt or asphalt cars running around the country. They are doing it on rv tags, so what is the difference?

Re: to ORC April 24, 2014 01:00PM
sdangus
You can rag on the pullers for trying to save a few bucks, but what about all the racers that are running around with the the big tandem axle RV's pulling stacker trailers with 2 dirt or asphalt cars running around the country. They are doing it on rv tags, so what is the difference?

This is not a circle track forum, and the law does not care what the other guy is doing, as it is you that he has pulled over. I've tried that other guy song and dance many times and it will not work, no reason to even bring it up.

Re: to ORC April 25, 2014 02:01AM
There is no difference. Just that we were talking about Pullers. They are in the same boat. Will say this most of them don't haul the amount of fuel and weight the Pullers do. One of my friends the drag races could not believe how fuel some of the Pullers haul with them.

Re: to ORC April 25, 2014 02:43AM
I don't understand the big deal everyone makes about hauling fuel around. When I say everyone, I mean DOT. It's ok that a rig has 2 -150 gallon fuel tanks straped to the side of it, but its not ok if you have 2 - 55 gallon drums of fuel in the trailer? Why not just strap another tank to the side of your rig and fill it with your fuel, and just pump it out of it when you need it at the track? No one would ever question that on the highway...

Re: to ORC April 25, 2014 10:33AM
fuel
I don't understand the big deal everyone makes about hauling fuel around. When I say everyone, I mean DOT. It's ok that a rig has 2 -150 gallon fuel tanks straped to the side of it, but its not ok if you have 2 - 55 gallon drums of fuel in the trailer? Why not just strap another tank to the side of your rig and fill it with your fuel, and just pump it out of it when you need it at the track? No one would ever question that on the highway...

Just ask a fireman why they don't want it in your trailer. When it's on the truck they can see it and have an idea what it is. When someone that is hauling fuel in a vehicle that is not a licensed Hazmat hauler, it could be anywhere and be just about anything, and any amount. SEE there's more to being licensed than just screwing an operator out of more money for his license. Pullers that don't care about the rules are a danger to a lot of people. It boils down to if you want to drive a big rig and haul fuel, get trained and get a license. If that fuel was in a legit truck with a legit operator, the vehicle would have the proper "Placards" and the proper paperwork where a first responder could find it. Without taking the courses and becoming licensed you don't have a clue what your doing.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 24, 2014 12:50AM
Well this didn't go where I expected. I have a class A CDL and drive truck. I just wanted to try and get cheaper plate since the truck will only get like 5k miles a year on it if that.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 24, 2014 12:39PM
NickFrantz
Well this didn't go where I expected. I have a class A CDL and drive truck. I just wanted to try and get cheaper plate since the truck will only get like 5k miles a year on it if that.

If you are what you say you are then you should have the answers to your questions. You should also understand that your license could be in jeopardy if you get your ass in a sling, especially if the Hazmat boys get their fingers on you.

A wrecker may only get 5000 miles on it a year but that does not mean you can title and license it as an RV.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 24, 2014 01:31PM
Hey re ORC, why don't you just give it up already. You sound like a friggin' broken record or a nagging old mother.

Do you have any idea how much "commerce" the tourism and motorsport industry create?

Blah blah blah! .........Wah wah! .......DOT rules.............proper tags.....boo hoo.......who pays for highways............quack quack!!

...........that's what you sound like from here!

Re: FL70 recreational license April 24, 2014 01:48PM
You sound like a juvenile. Maybe someone that got caught. We can't fix stupid, but we can try to stop others for being.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 24, 2014 01:11AM
That is not entirely true. Read the code very carefully. If you are talking about the puller who claims expenses on his tax form--yes, he is commercial. Using "farm tags"--yes again. Most of any confrontation with a DOT person will hinge on how you, the "truck/RV" driver, handles themselves. If you want to talk about safety, what about the octogenarian driving his 50 foot class A pusher motorhome with the Jeep towing behind? JW

Re: FL70 recreational license April 21, 2014 07:25AM
As far as Ohio goes, I have talked to a few people that have RV tags on their semi and have had no problems with the patrol. Most dont have a CDL. More than a couple have been pulled over and received no citation for the truck or lack of CDL. We will be tagging ours RV and trying it this summer. Guess we will see.

Zach April 21, 2014 09:38AM
Couple of names for you, Beman from the high school, Zappia/Fortin from Z, and Brooks from McA. Recognize any of them?

Re: Zach April 21, 2014 02:18PM
I know lots of Brooks, from McArthur and the Albany areas. The others do not look familiar to me but that doesn't mean anything. I'm terrible with names. I live between mcarthur and Albany if that matters.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 23, 2014 01:30PM
You should be able to justify breaking the law when you try to use what you heard as a defense.Eye Rolling You may find the penalty's a little stiff,especially as you know what you heard is false.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 24, 2014 07:47PM
We hauled our sprintcar with a RV tag in several states and never had a problem until they decided that we had fuel unboard and then the trouble began.We just put regular plates on and solved the problem.The DOT can do anything they want to right or wrong and several officers don't have a clue except their jobs are to produce revenue.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 24, 2014 11:26PM
Larry Anderson
.The DOT can do anything they want to right or wrong and several officers don't have a clue except their jobs are to produce revenue.

Well said! I used to live in MI and i titled a school bus with airbrakes as an Rv, i had to take multiple pics of exterior and interior and mail in. The inside required a toilet, sleeping area and alternative heat source other than the engine. None were actually attached, they were just placed in therr for pics. There may have been a couple other items i forgot to mention because it was about 1 years ago. I used it to haul 4 snowmobiles inside and also to pull mud truck/dune buggy. When i moved back to NY the title transferred to a NY RV title. I got pulled over multiple times and officers looked at it, even drove it through canada with no issue just after 9/11 when security was crazy at border. I do have CDL but i dont think it was ever an issue with or without. Someone should certainly be qualified to drive whatever they are going to drive no matter the size and the equipment should be sized properly to be able to safely navigate the roads.
Hope that helps.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 25, 2014 10:58AM
Paying entry fee and prize money has nothing to do with it! If it did grandma at the bingo hall would be in trouble to that is just a statment that missinformed officers like to state. Fact is how do you claim it? If it is claimed as ordinary Income on your tax return and DO NOT receive any corporate sponsorship money in any way then you will be exempt from commercial. This is a federal ruling for hobbiest by the fmcsa that all states must fallow. Also your prize money paid must not be more than 45% of your total income. The facts are in the fmsca ferderal rulings under hobbiest exemtions. We use a toterhome have been stopped and some officeers have tried to tell us we where in the wrong and have been ticketed but was able to prove our claim in court and all four times it was dropped and the officer's went home pissed that they where wrong.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 25, 2014 11:46AM
toterhomer
Paying entry fee and prize money has nothing to do with it! If it did grandma at the bingo hall would be in trouble to that is just a statment that missinformed officers like to state. Fact is how do you claim it? If it is claimed as ordinary Income on your tax return and DO NOT receive any corporate sponsorship money in any way then you will be exempt from commercial. This is a federal ruling for hobbiest by the fmcsa that all states must fallow. Also your prize money paid must not be more than 45% of your total income. The facts are in the fmsca ferderal rulings under hobbiest exemtions. We use a toterhome have been stopped and some officeers have tried to tell us we where in the wrong and have been ticketed but was able to prove our claim in court and all four times it was dropped and the officer's went home pissed that they where wrong.

How about posting that exemption???? You seem to have expertise here so what is the exemption code number so we can all see it.

You may be exempt from hours of service for a hobby but they are never going to let any hobbyist run at a lower safety standard than commercial. Basically the hours of service exemption means you don't need a log book.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 25, 2014 02:13PM
390.3(f)(3)
Look in the guidance for questions and answers.
Question 21: Does the exemption in §390.3(f)(3) for the "occasional transportation of personal property by individuals not for compensation nor in the furtherance of a commercial enterprise" apply to persons who occasionally use CMVs to transport cars, boats, horses, etc., to races, tournaments, shows or similar events, even if prize money is offered at these events?

Guidance: The exemption would apply to this kind of transportation, provided: (1) The underlying activities are not undertaken for profit, i.e., (a) prize money is declared as ordinary income for tax purposes, and (b) the cost of the underlying activities is not deducted as a business expense for tax purposes; and, where relevant; (2) corporate sponsorship is not involved. Drivers must confer with their State of licensure to determine the licensing provisions to which they are subject.

[www.fmcsa.dot.gov]

How"s that?
You can use a commercial motor vehicle if you want to and not have to log it according to these rules also. And by fallowing these rulings you can keep your pulling hauler from being a commercial vehicle.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 25, 2014 03:27PM
The key is for profit. First you have to understand what profit means. You are reading this and coming up to the conclusion that you want. You and most others are reading this like it is rules in a puller organizations book. You are doing this to make money. If not, why all the bitching about low prize money? The vehicles I see at pulls are a business, not a hobby. You are also subject to "Intrastate" laws. The federal laws are not a blanket policy. Just like guns, every state has the authority to one up the federal code. A state can go over a federal reg, but not under it. Calling a states official is worthless once you cross state lines. There is a hell of a lot more to the code than you are reading here. You are expecting the FMCSA to be a blanket exemption but then there's the DOT.

As it says may be exempt "PROVIDED"...........There is not one statement in the code that says tractor pulling and the way it operates is exempt. If your a local brush puller you may qualify. But a Circus Rig with "MOTORSPORTS plastered on the side of it, is not. Corporate Sponsorship can be a very big word to ignore.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 25, 2014 03:52PM
You my freind are a retard if you think anyone is pulling for a profit! Last year our pulling budget was 65000.00 alot more than some and alot less than many. Total winning of 9000 so where is the profit? We have to claim this as ordinary income because the irs see it as a hobby because we loose money every year. And that did not include any travel expence or meals on the road. If you can not understand these rulings please consult your attorney because you clearly cannot understand what you are reading and do not want to admit when you are wrong. This has stood up in court and you are telling us that you can say this is wrong when the court systm see's this the same as we all read it.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 25, 2014 06:24PM
So what did you do with your 65000.00 loss? No one with an IQ over 30 would have just forgot it. Profit does not mean you make money. If your going to say you are running a 65000.00 out of your piggy bank you need some counselling. The stupidest thing I have heard you say is you hire attorneys and fight 4 cases in court, when a license and an accountant would make you money.; Typical Puller Mentality,,,,,,or Tractor Mentality Syndrome.

I believe it is you that has the comprehension issues. I don't think from your posts you understand this at all. Especially what generated the 65,000.00 you started with. Was that in a special program account for farmers toys? No totorhomr you seem to just be practicing your BS craft, and are so naive that you think the rest of the reg bdo not apply to you.

Sounds like you need some better parts on that puller.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 25, 2014 11:58PM
I live on by a major interstate and see a constant stream of motorcoaches pulling tag hitch trailers. If they were having a lot of problems I don't think I would be seeing them. All the ones I see say Private Coach...Not For Hire.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 26, 2014 03:22AM
Wow. Does everything have to be about making money? Do you golf, fish, collect rocks, paint pictures? Pulling is a hobby for most. The money spent is "disposable". Some people have more disposable income than others. What are they supposed to do with it--redistribute it? That sounds like an Obama/democrat/liberal point of view. Nobody makes any puller spend money on his vehicle. It is purely by choice, so to call him/her stupid or other immature names is outlandish. Granted, many states can write laws/rules stricter than federal, but interstate (federal) trumps intrastate (state) via the Constitution's Article 1, section 8 and 9 if a person really wants to push it. JW

Re: FL70 recreational license April 26, 2014 03:57AM
Didn't Mr. Rockefeller from New York post some statutes on this a year or so back, Jw you should know as well as anybody that there is always someone who can't be told, heck part of the time that is me.. As for the vehicle read your guidelines and then tag accordingly, after years of paying use tax, our accountant, lawyer and the lady at the dot and government tax office told me since we traveled less than 10k I no longer needed to buy all the permits. Didn't argue just got a piece of paper signed from the government so the rest of the government knows what the other stated. Remember most of the time the fellow writing the ticket isn't aware of all the laws on the books.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 27, 2014 02:25AM
All I can say is in 25 years, I have been through many dot checks in many states and cancada, I have not had a ticket, I will not say that there was not a discussion at the time. I am careful to not "flaunt it" that is I do not have lettering down the side of my trailer. My other thought there is when I park the trailer, I am not advertising to a theif that there is something worth while inside! The information is on my site, www.policypeddler.com click on DOT, sorry if you get a pop up, that is out of my control. just close it and proceed.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 26, 2014 10:32AM
For your infomation what I make a year is not your business and no I do not farm. But I do very well 65000 is my burn money what I do with it is not your concern. Sence you think it is your business and that I have a problem maybe you should get off your ass an quit be jealous of what others can do.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 26, 2014 01:26PM
I hope that isn't directed at me, because I could give a rats butt how much anyone spends; the only problem I have ever had is I can't seem to make enough to spend that much or more but maybe the future will have a turn. Good luck and I hope everyone can spend 500k a year make for some awesome action.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 26, 2014 11:24PM
I'll tell you one thing for sure if we could all spend 500k a year on our pullers then we'd have to find more builder/suppliers to help out the way you all talk about wait times for parts because there is no way the present ones could keep up. Just sayin. Sure would be a nice problem to have tryin to spend 500k.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 27, 2014 04:25PM
Any thoughts on why the dude from Ohio is so hacked at pullers?

Re: FL70 recreational license April 28, 2014 04:12AM
He's just in that nascar state of mind thinking there is all this corporate money that is being dumped in pulling. The only thing close to that is the ppl deal.

Re: FL70 recreational license April 28, 2014 04:28AM
air brakes = CDL. period all 50 states.go ahead ,try it

Re: FL70 recreational license April 28, 2014 05:42AM
Not for RVs. It'd be the death of that industry...

Re: FL70 recreational license April 28, 2014 05:46AM
Not in Missouri either if your under 26k- check your facts

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,707, Posts: 229,811, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,082, Posts: 225,956.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro