Super Farm Solution March 19, 2009 10:56PM
Solution is give th SF class a charger other than the 3x3. At least slotted. Saw what it can do on a dyno. A lot more horsepower. There that seemed simple enough. Let the motor breath.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2009 12:21AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Super Farm Solution March 20, 2009 02:49AM
You are correct about more air making power and rpm.
The problem is a few want to kick it up a notch,a few do not,some want a new class,and most are being quiet letting others fix it for them.
If a new class takes off...who gets booked,and who gets dropped will be out of the pullers hands. Voice your opinion now!
Would a new class have the same effect on the prostock class as it had on the DSS 30 years ago? I think so.
How much effect has SF had on prostock? I think it has hurt the number of new tractors.

Re: Super Farm Solution March 20, 2009 02:21PM
My personal opinion is that superfarm needs to be changed or discontinued. Not bashing superfarms, but it just doesn't work. Other than big pumps and chargers, superfarms are too similar to prostocks. I think they do hurt the number of participants in Prostock. And now with a new limited pro addition, I think there are just too many tractor classes for the pullers to support. There needs to be a smaller cube class with bigger turbo to produce some real power with a lesser pricetag. 3 classes. Superstock, Prostock, and Limited Pro. Limited Pro could be 540, p-pump, any turbo. These rules would allow for a variety of colors. I don't see where superfarm would fit in. Its not a very exciting class.

Re: Super Farm Solution March 20, 2009 03:37PM
there is a smaller cube class. it's NTPA 466ci open rpm profarm class

Re: Super Farm Solution March 20, 2009 03:41PM
As a former super farm puller I agree with getting rid of the class. Super farms became way out of control with hp and cost. I know people who have as much money in their super farms as some very good running 10,000 pro stocks. I myself was at $75,000 and could have used a little more.My opinion was if i was spending this kind of money i should just go Pro Stock and make the big power. I agree with having Super stocks, pro stocks and a limited pro class with the limited class having a 466 limit. This would be a good move up class for farm stocks or a somewhat inexpensive "beginners" class. I have seen them run a they put on a good show. Rules should be strict though to keep this class inexpensive. If someone has money to burn then go up to the SS or PS class.

Re: Super Farm Solution March 21, 2009 12:33AM
if they take the super farm back under 600 they should take the pro stock back to 600 if the super farm got to cut cubes the pro stocks should have to cut cubes to. then maybe the pros will stay together

Re: Super Farm Solution March 21, 2009 01:55AM
You people are just jellous. We are here to stay and like what we got. Don't give me the color thing either or the cubic inch pitch. The Dolmans have done a good job with the new Dietrot motor and with all the mergers in ag about any brand or tractor can use a motor that will make up to 680 cubic inch. All you talk about is 500 cub. 500 cub. ect. the pulling world has a class it's called light super stock. Lets take a look back. Carl Smith and Hypermax several years ago had a set up with a 600 ci motor and tried to turn it at 6500 plus rpms. I seen it at Louisville they couldn't keep it togther. You take your so colled 500 + or - motor and see what you get. My guess is high maintenance, rough bouncey ride.Don't take my word for it look on U-Tube and watch the tractors aroung the world tring to run this class.

ReConfusedilly Little Dreamer, SF deleusions March 21, 2009 06:44AM
Oh yes, we are jealous of the WEAKEST class in all of the National orginizations!!!!
Street tire 4wd pickups have more horsepower than the SF class.
You just keep telling yourself the rest of the pulling world is jealous of your tiny little pile of sand, meanwhile we will keep putting on the show everyone comes to see, so your parents and loved ones can come watch you help make the show last longer.
FIRESTONE,FIRESTONE,FIRESTONE,FIRESTONE,snuff

Re: ReConfusedilly Little Dreamer, SF deleusions March 21, 2009 10:10AM
Ya you wish you had more horsepower you doorbangers

Re: ReConfusedilly Little Dreamer, SF deleusions March 21, 2009 01:52PM
Actualy 4wd diesel has more crowd appeal than superfarm. Not touching the power thing, just what sells tickets.

Re: ReConfusedilly Little Dreamer, SF deleusions March 21, 2009 02:40PM
dream weaver you must have your head up in the clouds. that is why the promoters know when they have a super farm class they will have a good group of tractors for the people in the stands. but i like pro stock tractors the name of the game is to go straight down the track with out using the brakes. who want to go down the track going from side to side not me. i don't really care for mod trucks but i am not saying anything bad about them i just don't watch them. so if you don't like the super farm tractors don't watch them. the super farm class is here to stay so get over it

Re: ReConfusedilly Little Dreamer, SF deleusions March 21, 2009 02:58PM
you say that the trucks bring more of a crowd. most of the pulls i go to if there is a truck class at the end of the night after the tractors over half of the crowd leave and if there is a class of truck in the middle of the night the other half go's and gets something to eat until the next tractor class

? for super farm puller March 22, 2009 03:33AM
Why is it that people think that they need to fix something that is not broke? In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with the class.

Re: ReConfusedilly Little Dreamer, SF deleusions March 23, 2009 04:35AM
Mr. Dreamer you can make fun all you want but most superfarms at my pull have all been on a dyno and produce 1000+ HP.
And they put on a god show!

Re: Super Farm Solution March 21, 2009 12:47PM
The solution is to put a 4.1 charger on the tractors. Then it will be an exciting class!!!

Re: Super Farm Solution March 23, 2009 05:31AM
The problem with 466 is 1066 or 4430 class. what if i want to run a white, massey , minnie case, 585 , cat 575 , perkins 510or 540 504 case. 540 is better cubes more tractors even a 531 derre.

Re: Super Farm Solution March 23, 2009 06:42AM
We have been waiting for SOMEONE to build one of those tractors for YEARS!!!
Hasn't happened much, so stick a fork in it and back the cu. in. up to something reasonable that the midget charger can fill up.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,766, Posts: 229,932, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM