IH Paint + Hardner ? March 21, 2009 09:56AM
Has anybody tried using IH paint and then adding some other brand of hardner to it? The idea of hardner is to make it dry faster, be tougher, and shine more correct? Does case IH sell different codes (shades) of red? Or is IH red IH red to them?

Re: IH Paint + Hardner ? March 21, 2009 10:41AM
CaseIH has two main colors of red now, the IH 2150 red for IH equipment, and the Gloss Red, for CaseIH equipment. Most CaseIH dealers should also carry a Valspar brand hardener that is compatible with their Iron Guard enamels.

Re: IH Paint + Hardner ? March 21, 2009 12:43PM
Yes.DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did an806 with case ih paint and other hardener.......Bad things man......instant fish eyes....

Re: IH Paint + Hardner ? March 21, 2009 12:54PM
Valspar hardener that can be bought at any Tractor Supply will work, I've been using it for years. Valspar makes CaseIH paint.

Re: IH Paint + Hardner ? March 21, 2009 01:37PM
Just go to a dupont jobber and get imron 3.5 hg it is a polyurethane and will last 4 ever and look alot deeper. it can also be cleared with f611 indusrial clear so it can be wet sanded and buffed. and it is still resonablly priced.

Re: IH Paint + Hardner ? March 21, 2009 02:14PM
Depends on the tractor use IMHO if it is just a farm tractor and nothing special the Valspar hardner in IH 2150 leaves a very nice finish for me. Special use tractors I would reccomend a good automotive base-clear.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,948, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,033.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009