Mitas developing special Powerpull tire (Press release) May 12, 2014 09:24PM
Mitas signed a sponsorship agreement with the European Tractor Pulling Committee (ETPC) and has entered the dynamic world of tractor-pulling. The agreement goes hand-in-hand with the development of the special Mitas Powerpull tire. The construction of the first prototype of the new tractor-pulling tire is based on a manufacturing process similar to that for Mitas’ high-horsepower tractor tires. This will guarantee endurance and durability. Mitas Powerpull will be available worldwide in 2014.

“We are very confident in the successful development and launch of the new Powerpull tire. Mitas can build upon its broad experience in manufacturing tires for high-horsepower tractors,” said Andrew Mabin, Mitas’ marketing and sales director. “Durability, longevity and strength are the main characteristics of Mitas tires, and the new Powerpull will be of its best example,” added Mabin.

First testing prototypes of the Mitas Powerpull tire were cured in April.

Mitas is a Czech-based manufacturer of off-road tyres (agricultural, industrial, motorcycle). The history of Mitas dates to the 1930s, when tyre production started in Prague, then the capital of Czechoslovakia, and in the Moravian city of Zlin. Mitas currently operates three plants in the Czech Republic, one in Serbia and one in Charles City, Iowa. Besides these production facilities, Mitas has an extensive international sales and distribution network operating in 14 countries, including the United States. Mitas manufactures and sells tyres under three brand names: the company’s own Mitas and Cultor, and Continental under licence. The Czech-based tyre manufacturer which has an annual turnover of €450 million (2012) is one of the top European producers of agricultural and construction equipment tyres.

[www.mitas-tires.com]

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2014 10:01PM by Sascha.

Re: Mitas developing special Powerpull tire (Press release) May 13, 2014 12:25AM
Will they be producing a 30.5 and a 24.5?

Re: Mitas developing special Powerpull tire (Press release) May 13, 2014 12:29AM
that's the plan

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Mitas developing special Powerpull tire (Press release) May 13, 2014 07:02AM
I would assume that the sanctioning bodies here in the US would have to approve a new tire for competition ? Also is there anything in their rules that states a tire has to be mass produced and available for purchase by any competitor before it can be used in competition other than exhibition runs ?

How has this been handled in the past ? Only class I would assume has had an option in the past has been the Fwd guys with Pit Bull and Cepek.

Also: Is Parkes still coming out with a tire ?

Re: Mitas developing special Powerpull tire (Press release) May 13, 2014 07:46AM
They are making them for purchase, not strictly as a marketing "toy".
They do other racing tires, which here are available even through your local tire dealer.
As far as I remember, there were the days of B.F. Goodrich "Tractor Puller" and "Firestone Pullers" and Pullers had a choice.
Firestone stayed on board, made the Puller 2000 (I still have pictures of Color Of Money running prototypes at various events). I remember very well how the first 10 ply and then a pre version of the HP ended up at Teams sponsored by Firestone, before they finally put the "current" HP on the market. Considering the price of them has basically doubled in the last 10 years, some competition and the involvement of major Ag Tire company is good for the sport.
Today's European Ag websites had this press release on their front page. NICE to see Pulling make the front page!
So - let them test and get the prototypes to work. I remember how it took two years to get a Puller 2000 cut well enough to compete with an old 10 ply and even since then, there still is development in the tires.
When they have a good product they will sell it and the development in tires will keep going on.
Best thing to happen is Firestone putting some more into it's Puller 2000.
It should be about choice and competition in the market and not "same for all and everybody equal".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2014 07:53AM by Sascha.

Re: Mitas developing special Powerpull tire (Press release) May 13, 2014 01:12AM
Good to see some competition for Firestone. I live about 60 miles from Charles City and when the Mitas plant opened the Firestone prices dropped around the area.

Re: Mitas developing special Powerpull tire (Press release) May 13, 2014 01:15AM
Hey Sascha, Do they want to sponsor any American tractors? If so who can you talk too?

Re: Mitas developing special Powerpull tire (Press release) May 13, 2014 01:48AM
I think Controlled Chaos is getting a set to test... No idea who to talk to regarding sponsoring.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009